House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of Calif. speaks about the pending bipartisan budget compromise struck by House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Senate Budget Committee Chair Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013, during a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington. While the newly minted budget deal is aimed at averting future government shutdowns, Pelosi is disappointed that it fails to include certain unemployment insurance protections. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)
- Latest news
- Ancient masks go on display in Jerusalem 11 hours 5 Photos
- Senate OKs bill to combat military sexual assault 13 hours 2 Photos
- Democrats clock all-nighter with climate talk 15 hours 6 Photos
- Judge's order preserves NSA surveillance records 15 hours 1 Photo
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case 17 hours 2 Photos
- Featured Ads
- Only on our website
If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?
A scientist and a seafood chef walk into a bar. "We have a mutual interest," says the scientist. "I study crustaceans and you cook them." But the chef wanted to know just one thing: Do the animals feel pain?
March 11, 2014
- How virus sleuths and public health officials track the cause of a mysterious illness
- First Apple, now Google hit with kids' app lawsuit
- If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?
- AP Video
- Obama Shops at Gap, Pitches Minimum Wage Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Computers Malaysia Flight Changed Course Before Vanishing CIA Director Denies Senate Hacking Allegations Feinstein: CIA Spied on Senate Committee Prosecutors: DC Mayor Knew of 'shadow Campaign' Raw: 'Octomom' Pleads Not Guilty Again Raw: Police Seek Man Who Set Car, Self Ablaze Ukraine's Crimea Seeks to Become Independent Carney: Feinstein, CIA in Regular Talks With WH Friend Gives Details of Pistorius' Gun Use Raw: Bank Robbery Chase Shuts Down Md. Highway Japan Slowly Rebuilding 3 Years After Disaster Health Care Law Gets Test in Florida Election Raw: Former Christie Aide Arrives at NJ Court Raw: Seavey Wins 2nd Iditarod in Bizarre Finish Low-wage Workers Struggle to Join Middle Class Millions Living With Artificial Hips and Knees Skydiver, Pilot Survive Midair Accident
Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 26, 1930, to Henry R. and Ruby Lee Wynn Sr., in Phoenix City, Ala. She worked as a nurse's aide at St. Joseph Hospital, retiring in 199
March 12, 2014 1 Photo
- Funeral listings, March 12, 2014
- Francis Marion Fulk
- William E. 'Bill' Hodson
- Donald R. Dutton
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 26, 1930, to Henry R. and Ruby Lee Wynn Sr., in Phoenix City, Ala. She worked as a nurse's aide at St. Joseph Hospital, retiring in 199