In this image made available Tuesday Dec. 3, 2013, Harrison Odjegba Okene, 2nd left, poses with members of the DCN Diving team who saved his life after being trapped for three days underwater. Okene was working as a cook aboard a tugboat in the Atlantic Ocean off the Nigerian coast in June 2013, when a heavy swell caused the vessel to capsize and his boat sank to the sea bed, where his 11 colleagues drowned, but Okene was able to find an air pocket inside the sunken ship where he survived for nearly three days before being found by a group of South African rescue divers. A video made available Tuesday Dec. 3, 2013, was filmed while the South African crew searched his vessel and found Okene alive after three days underwater without food or water. Okene was given oxygen and led to safety and to a decompression chamber to recover. (AP Photo/DCN Diving)
- Latest news
- Summer movie preview: 10 anticipated indies 1 hour 3 Photos
- Airport official: Teen had no clue he was in Maui 1 hour 7 Photos
- Singer Chris Brown's DC trial delayed for months 1 hour 1 Photo
- Gaza official: Israeli airstrike wounds 3 8 hours 1 Photo
- Buick ads are no joke: Regal gets double takes 10 hours 1 Photo
- Featured Ads
- Only on our website
Affirmative action ruling challenges colleges seeking diversity
April 23, 2014
- A 'wearable robot' helps her walk again
- Cuba is running out of condoms
- Affirmative action ruling challenges colleges seeking diversity
- AP Video
- SKorea Ferry Toll Hits 156, Search Gets Tougher Video Shows Possible Syrian Gas Attack Cubs Superfans Celebrate Wrigley's 100th Raw: Cattle Truck Overturns in Texas Admirers Flock to Dole During Kansas Homecoming Raw: Erupting Volcanoes in Guatemala and Peru Alibaba IPO Could Be Largest Ever for Tech Firm FBI Joining Probe of Suburban NY 'Swatting' Call U.S. Paratroopers in Poland, Amid Ukraine Crisis US Reviews Clemency for Certain Inmates Raw: Violence Erupts in Rio Near Olympic Venue Raw: Deadly Bombing in Egypt Raw: What's Inside a Commercial Jet Wheel Well Raw: Obama Arrives in Japan for State Visit Raw: Anti-Obama Activists Fight Manila Police Motels Near Disney Fighting Homeless Problem Michigan Man Sees Thanks to 'bionic Eye' S.C. Man Apologizes for Naked Walk in Wal-Mart Chief Mate: Crew Told to Escape After Passengers
John Witt Jr.
John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
April 23, 2014
- Gertrude Rogers
- John Witt Jr.
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
- Kelly Lafferty's video on Tom Miller