Kokomo Tribune; Kokomo, Indiana

December 30, 2013

State seeks flood damage reports

From Staff Reports
Kokomo Tribune

---- — Hoosiers who sustained damage caused by flooding that started Dec. 19 can report damage online at bit.ly/1kMH02h.

A link to the form is also available on the Indiana Department of Homeland Security website at in.gov/dhs. In the middle of the page under “Featured Topics,” click on “Report Flood Damage — Dec. 19 and ongoing.”

Individuals will be asked to provide name, address, phone number and type of damage the property sustained. Losses can include structural damage to homes and loss of personal property.

Residents can also contact their county emergency management agency to report damage. IDHS and local emergency management agencies will use the reports to preliminarily assess damage to determine if federal assistance can be pursued.

This report is not an application for a grant with the Federal Emergency Management Agency or any other assistance program.

Those with questions may contact their county emergency management agency. County agency contact information is available at http://www.in.gov/dhs/2797.htm.

Individuals without Internet access are encouraged to contact a friend, family member or neighbor for assistance. Web access is also available at many libraries, religious institutions, community centers or other public facilities. If none of those options are available, individuals are encouraged to contact their county emergency management agency to report damage.