Community Howard Regional Health, 3500 S. Lafountain St., will offer these maternity services during February:
• Prenatal Class, 6 to 8:30 p.m., first and second Tuesday, Community Classroom, you and your coach will learn fetal development, comfort measures, breathing and relaxation techniques, stages of labor and delivery, postpartum and infant care, and tour the Howard Regional Birthing Center, call 765-864-8929 to schedule.
• Breastfeeding Class, 6 to 7:30 p.m., third Wednesday, Community Classroom, breastfeeding is the natural way to feed your baby, but sometimes it takes patience and practice, learn the benefits to mom and baby, the “Latch On” and what to expect for the first two weeks; coaches are strongly encouraged to attend, call 765-864-8929 to schedule.
• Prenatal Refresher, 6 to 8:30 p.m., second Tuesday, Education Classroom, this class provides encouragement, reminders on breathing techniques and pain control, call 765-864-8929 to schedule.
• Breast Feeding Support Group, 10 to 11 a.m., Community Classroom, every Friday, baby weigh scales will be available to monitor baby’s weight gain, and a lactation consultant will be present, call 765-865-6360.
• Friends and Family CPR, we assist parents and caregivers in basic life support techniques for the infant, child, and adult; this class is affiliated with the American Heart Association and is free, call 765-864-8747 for more information.
• Maternal Fitness Class, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Kokomo Sports Center, 111 W. Southway Blvd., six-week class is designed for prenatal and postpartum women and incorporates mild cardio and flexibility exercises to help maintain a balanced level of fitness for every stage of pregnancy, as well as, teach safety techniques and modifications that can be used outside of class, call 765-455-0167, members free, non-members $36.