The American Red Cross encourages eligible blood donors to make and keep donation appointments to maintain the summer blood supply and help prevent a shortage. Donors of all blood types are currently needed, especially those with type O negative, B negative and A negative blood.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities in the area include:
• noon to 6 p.m. June 12 at Calvary Baptist Church, located at 1967 W. Boulevard, Kokomo.
• 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 14 at Russiaville United Methodist Church, 180 N. Union St., Russiaville.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 24 at St. Joseph Hospital, 1907 W. Sycamore St., Kokomo.
• 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. June 30 at the First United Methodist Church, 127 S. Meridian St., Greentown.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 14 at Main Street United Methodist Church, 81 W. Main St., Peru.
• noon to 5 p.m. June 18 at Bunker Hill United Methodist Church, 100 W. Broadway, Bunker Hill.
• 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. June 21 at the Mexico Church of the Brethren, 4460 N. Mexico Road, Peru.
To donate blood call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age, weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.