The Kokomo High School classes of 1988 and 1989 will host a co-class reunion from 6 to 11 p.m. Aug. 15 at the Elite Banquet and Conference Center, 2820 S. Lafountain St. Cost is $40 per person and includes reception hour, dinner, memorial, music and dancing. Pre-register by July 30 as there will be no registration at the door. Sign up at http://molls929.wix.com/1989paypal. Call Larry at 765-210-1350 for more information.
- Area Briefs
- Library program targets preschoolers Preschoolers will share stories, show-and-tell, craft, and snack with a librarian during Practice Preschool from 10:45 to 11:30 a.m. Aug. 28 at Kokomo-Howard County Public Library South Branch, 1755 E. Center Road.
- Gardeners group to hear program on pruning Buddy Knepley, Howard County master gardener, will present a workshop on “The Mystery of Pruning” for a meeting of The Garden Wall Garden Club at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 4 at the Center Township Trustee’s Office, 213 E. Jefferson St. The monthly garden club
Peru festival features Soggy Bottom Boys
PERU — Hoosier Heritage Fest will feature antique tractors, demonstrations, tractor pulls, and family activities Friday through Sunday at the Miami County Fairgrounds in Peru. The show, hosted by Pioneer Power of North Central Indiana, will welcome o
- Taste of Kokomo winners announced The annual Taste of Kokomo brought 33 area restaurants and vendors to Foster Park for an evening of food and fun. Here is a comprehensive look at the winners from this year’s event.Top vendors (high ticket sales): Half Moon Restaurant and Brewery (th
- Tipton Lions to serve fish TIPTON — Tipton Lions Club will host an all-you-can-eat fish fry from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Aug. 21 at the clubhouse, 1003 N. East St. The cost is $8 for adults, $6 for children and free for children younger than 5. In addition to fish, the meal includes ba
- Group to hear antiques appraiser GREENTOWN — Dave Turner, an antiques and collectibles appraiser, will be the guest speaker for the Widows Group Ladies Tea at 3 p.m. Aug. 26 at Meridian Street Christian Church, 205 N. Meridian St. All widows may attend and bring items to be appraise
- Benefit to help football team A fundraiser to support the Kokomo High School football team is planned for 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 21 at Chipotle Mexican Grill, at the Markland Mall. The restaurant will donate 50 percent of proceeds when diners present a flyer to the cashier, show
- PUBLIC MEETINGS Every Sunday the Kokomo Tribune compiles a list of meetings open to the public. The Open Door Law of Indiana states that “the General Assembly finds and declares that this state and its political subdivisions exist only to aid in the conduct of the b
- Dissolutions The following couples have filed for a dissolution in the Howard County Clerk’s Office:Marc T. Richey and Jamie L. Richey, Aug. 5, 2014.Taylor M. Wyrick and Michael J. Wyrick, Aug. 5, 2014.Darrin A. Griffith and Stephanie P. Uuro Griffith, Aug. 6, 20
- Bookmobile There will be no Bookmobile stops through Saturday. The schedule will resume Aug. 25.
- More Area Briefs Headlines