The American Red Cross has announced blood drives in the area for May:
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 17 at Harley Davidson, U.S. 31 South in Kokomo.
• 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. May 27 at St. Joseph Hospital, 1907 W. Sycamore St.
• Noon to 6 p.m. May 27 at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West Road.
• 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. May 30 at Dr. Jarrell Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, 310 E. Alto Road.
• 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. May 31 at Bethany Fellowship School, 600 E. 5169 North.
To reserve a time to donate blood, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in.
Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.