The American Red Cross is observing American Heart Month in February with a series of blood drives in the area:
. Feb. 4: noon to 6 p.m., Crossroads Community Church in the Café, 4254 S. 00 East-West.
• Feb. 8: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Bethany Fellowship School in the gymnasium, 600 E. 5169 North.
• Feb. 11: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., First Church of the Nazarene in the gymnasium, 2734 S. Washington St.
• Feb. 11: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. Joseph Hospital in Trinity Classroom, 1907 W. Sycamore St.
• Feb. 11: 12:30 to 5 p.m., Galveston United Methodist Church in the gymnasium, 515 S. Maple St., Galveston.
• Feb. 15: 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Russiaville United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall, 180 N. Union, Russiaville.
• Feb. 25: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. Joseph Hospital in Trinity Classroom, 1907 W. Sycamore St.
To schedule an appointment to donate, call 800-RED CROSS (800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org for more information. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in Indiana and Ohio), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. Individuals should bring their Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID when they come to donate.