Local artist Patti Host will guide a fall-themed art project from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 10 at Imagine That! Innovation Center, 1800 S. Plate St. in Kokomo. The cost of $20 per child includes canvas, paint and all materials needed, as well as a cupcake from J. Edwards. Participants must register by Oct. 8 and space is limited. Call Adria Snoddy at 765-457-8273 for more information.
- Area Briefs
- Gardeners group to hear program on pruning Buddy Knepley, Howard County master gardener, will present a workshop on “The Mystery of Pruning” for a meeting of The Garden Wall Garden Club at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 4 at the Center Township Trustee’s Office, 213 E. Jefferson St. The monthly garden club
Peru festival features Soggy Bottom Boys
PERU — Hoosier Heritage Fest will feature antique tractors, demonstrations, tractor pulls, and family activities Friday through Sunday at the Miami County Fairgrounds in Peru. The show, hosted by Pioneer Power of North Central Indiana, will welcome o
- Taste of Kokomo winners announced The annual Taste of Kokomo brought 33 area restaurants and vendors to Foster Park for an evening of food and fun. Here is a comprehensive look at the winners from this year’s event.Top vendors (high ticket sales): Half Moon Restaurant and Brewery (th
- Tipton Lions to serve fish TIPTON — Tipton Lions Club will host an all-you-can-eat fish fry from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Aug. 21 at the clubhouse, 1003 N. East St. The cost is $8 for adults, $6 for children and free for children younger than 5. In addition to fish, the meal includes ba
- Group to hear antiques appraiser GREENTOWN — Dave Turner, an antiques and collectibles appraiser, will be the guest speaker for the Widows Group Ladies Tea at 3 p.m. Aug. 26 at Meridian Street Christian Church, 205 N. Meridian St. All widows may attend and bring items to be appraise
- Benefit to help football team A fundraiser to support the Kokomo High School football team is planned for 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 21 at Chipotle Mexican Grill, at the Markland Mall. The restaurant will donate 50 percent of proceeds when diners present a flyer to the cashier, show
- PUBLIC MEETINGS Every Sunday the Kokomo Tribune compiles a list of meetings open to the public. The Open Door Law of Indiana states that “the General Assembly finds and declares that this state and its political subdivisions exist only to aid in the conduct of the b
- Dissolutions The following couples have filed for a dissolution in the Howard County Clerk’s Office:Marc T. Richey and Jamie L. Richey, Aug. 5, 2014.Taylor M. Wyrick and Michael J. Wyrick, Aug. 5, 2014.Darrin A. Griffith and Stephanie P. Uuro Griffith, Aug. 6, 20
- Bookmobile There will be no Bookmobile stops through Saturday. The schedule will resume Aug. 25.
- Marriages The following couples have been issued marriage licenses by the Howard County Clerk’s office:Christopher Scott Wisler and Allison Morgan, Kokomo.Brock Stepler and Stephanie Corrine Mains, Kokomo.Blane Alan Coate, Kokomo, and Claire Elizabeth Pepka, K
- More Area Briefs Headlines