---- — The city of Kokomo will begin its annual fall leaf pickup today. Leaf collection will begin on the south side of Kokomo and continue north each day, making continuous passes until all leaves are gathered or until weather no longer permits leaf pickup. City work crews plan to make collections from each resident about four times during the leaf pick-up season.
When the crews are gathering leaves with a leaf vacuum truck, tree limb pickup will be temporarily suspended. Tree limbs will be collected at a later time.
To make the collection more efficient the Department of Public Maintenance and Refuse is providing the following recommendations:
• Rake leaves to the curb but not in the street (leaves in the street can obstruct street inlets and cause street flooding.) Do not place leaf piles on sidewalks, gutters, ditches or around fire hydrants.
• Do not mix limbs or garden waste with loose leaves. The leaf vacuum cannot pick up limbs or garden waste.
• Place only loose leaves at the curbside (no bagged leaves).
• Residents may deliver bagged leaves and tree limbs to the Yard Waste Collection Center at 1130 S. Dixon Road. However, all bags must be emptied at the collection center.
• The Yard Waste Collection Center hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays, and closed on Sundays.
For more information, contact the Department of Public Maintenance and Refuse at 765-453-4030.