- Bonus content
- AP source: Missile took down jet in Ukraine WASHINGTON (AP) — American intelligence authorities believe a surface-to-air missile took down a passenger jet in eastern Ukraine on Thursday, a U.S. official said, but the Obama administration was still scrambling to confirm who launched the strike
- Gary officials plan discussion on development GARY, Ind. (AP) — Demolition of a 12-story Gary hotel that has become an eyesore is scheduled to begin July 26, on the eve of a discussion on development. City officials made the announcement Thursday. The demolition is part of the "Strong Cities, St
VIDEO: Sheriff's department raps defeat to librarians after fundraising challenge
What could make the Howard County sheriff and his department sing the blues? Losing a friendly competition with the local library.
- Sunday marks 45th anniversary of first moon walk CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — Now's the time to get moonstruck. Forty-five years ago Sunday, Apollo 11's Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on another world. Armstrong's "one small step ... one giant leap" on the dusty
- Dog hailed as hero for alerting deaf boy to fire INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A pit bull named Ace is being hailed as a hero for licking the face of a sleeping, deaf 13-year-old Indianapolis boy to alert him that the house was on fire. Indianapolis Fire Department Capt. Rita Reith says Nick Lamb was home al
Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot down over east
A Malaysia Airlines passenger plane carrying 295 people was shot down over eastern Ukraine on Thursday, Ukrainian officials said, and both the government and the pro-Russia separatists fighting in the region denied any responsibility for downing the aircraft.
- Repairs planned at Indiana's 1st Capitol building CORYDON, Ind. (AP) — Officials are preparing for a long list of repair projects at Indiana's original state Capitol building ahead of the state's bicentennial celebrations in 2016. Some of that work started this week in the town of Corydon as preserv
Police: Arrested Kentucky man ordered 5 pizzas to station
CORBIN, Ky. (AP) — Police in southern Kentucky say they got a surprise delivery after charging a man with shoplifting — five pizzas showed up at the station. Officers say 29-year-old Michael Harp asked to make a call on his cellphone Tuesday afternoo
- United Airlines defends bird kill at Houston airport DALLAS (AP) — United Airlines is defending the poisoning of birds at Houston's biggest airport, saying it was done for health and safety reasons. But the airline said Wednesday that it didn't tell its contractor how to control the airport's bird pop
- Studies see new risks for cholesterol drug niacin Eds: Subs 8th paragraph to show that Niaspan now sold by AbbVie, which was spun off of Abbott, links photo.. New details from two studies reveal more side effects from niacin, a drug that hundreds of thousands of Americans take for cholesterol probl
- More Bonus content Headlines