- Breaking News
Rebuilding work restricting U.S. 31 near South Bend
State highway officials are restricting traffic on U.S. 31 near South Bend to one lane in each direction as part of the project upgrading it to interstate standards.
Purdue researcher's film on ice loss to premiere
A Purdue University professor's documentary film production on climate change is premiering the day after Earth Day.
Indiana panel taking up school standards debate
The Indiana Education Roundtable is set to review proposed school benchmarks meant to replace the national Common Core standards.
- Largest solar farm on Superfund site goes online INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The nation's largest solar farm built on a federal Superfund site is now generating power above a stretch of Indianapolis tainted by a long-shuttered plant's wood-treating operations. The 43-acre Maywood Solar Farm went online la
- Board member asks for old Indiana school standards INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A State Board of Education member is calling for a proposed overhaul of Indiana's education standards to be ditched and that the state's old benchmarks be reinstated in classrooms this fall. Board member Andrea Neal said Friday t
- Cause of fire that killed 2 boys still unknown LAFAYETTE (AP) — A central Indiana sheriff says investigators are continuing to work on what led up to a house fire this month that killed 3-year old twin brothers. Tippecanoe County Sheriff Tracy Brown says county detectives and a state fire invest
- 101-year-old hurt in fire at home near Muncie Eds: APNewsNow. SELMA, Ind. (AP) — A 101-year-old woman suffered burns and possible smoke inhalation when a fire broke out in her home near Muncie. A neighbor helped Catherine Jane Leach from her burning house Thursday evening and she was sitting in
- Bloomington mayor vetoes preserve deer hunt plan BLOOMINGTON (AP) — The mayor of Bloomington has vetoed an ordinance that would allow sharpshooters to thin the deer heard at a city nature preserve. Mayor Mark Kruzan says he can't support the proposal and that he also opposed the start of deer hunts
- 2 Indianapolis officers dead in murder-suicide Eds: Updates with details on shooting, background of officers, comments from police chief, mayor, FOP president, neighbor. With AP Photos. INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A suspended Indianapolis police sergeant and his police officer ex-wife died in an apparen
- Actress Meryl Streep receives IU honorary degree BLOOMINGTON (AP) — Actress Meryl Streep can add an honorary doctoral degree from Indiana University to her collection that includes three Academy Awards. University President Michael McRobbie presented the honorary degree to Streep during a ceremony
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Rebuilding work restricting U.S. 31 near South Bend