Cedar Lake —
- Breaking News
- Convicted murderer gets 20 years added to sentence FORT WAYNE (AP) — A man already sentenced to 65 years in prison for murder has had more time added to his sentence for attacking a jail guard in Fort Wayne. Nineteen-year-old Deadrian Boykins was sentenced Tuesday to 20 years for aggravated battery.
- Indiana district expects student loss from closure HYMERA, Ind. (AP) — A southwestern Indiana school district is expecting to lose nearly all the students from a small town's high school and elementary school that are set to close. That comes as a community group in the Sullivan County town of Dugge
- Final draft of new education standards released INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The final draft of Indiana's proposed education standards is available online for public viewing. The state Department of Education on Tuesday morning released the proposed guidelines for what students should learn in each grade.
- Delaware County treasurer faces 46 felony counts MUNCIE (AP) — A prosecutor sought the removal of an eastern Indiana county treasurer from office Monday after filing charges that allege theft, official misconduct and 44 counts of not depositing public funds on time. Delaware County Treasurer John D
- 3 killed in I-65 backup from chemical tanker crash ROSELAWN, Ind. (AP) — State police say three people have been killed in a crash as traffic backed up on Interstate 65 from a chemical tanker rollover in rural northwestern Indiana. Cpl. Dan Becker says those killed were in a vehicle that drove into
- Indiana agencies approve deal for new I-69 section INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana officials have approved a deal with the private company that will finance and build the new section of Interstate 69 between Bloomington and Martinsville. The Indiana Finance Authority and Indiana Department of Transportat
- Work to begin on innovative ramp in Fort Wayne FORT WAYNE (AP) — The Indiana Department of Transportation says construction of an innovative traffic interchange aimed at improving traffic flow is scheduled to begin Monday in Fort Wayne. The agency says the Dupont Road exit on Interstate 69 will
- Funeral held for slain 2-year-old in South Bend SOUTH BEND (AP) — Mourners gathered for the funeral of a 2-year-old South Bend boy fatally shot while playing outside as police continued looking for those responsible for the gunfire. The funeral for John Swoveland Jr. was held Sunday at a South Ben
- Drink mix maker plans Indianapolis expansion INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A company that makes drink mixes and sweeteners says it's planning a $21 million project to add production and distribution facilities in Indianapolis. Carmel-based Heartland Food Products Group announced Monday that it anticipate
Fired Minn. football coach unjustly accused of visiting porn sites
Minnesota State University-Mankato officials wrongly accused former football coach Todd Hoffner of viewing pornography sites on his work computer before firing him last May, a state arbitrator has disclosed.
- More Breaking News Headlines