- Breaking News
Players protest rehiring of fired Minn. football coach
The University of Minnesota-Mankato football team Wednesday boycotted the fired head coach who won his job back in an arbitrator's ruling last week, nearly two years after fighting accusations of child pornography and other misconduct.
- Nearly 600 pounds of pot seized in Fort Wayne FORT WAYNE (AP) — Authorities have seized nearly 600 pounds of marijuana during a raid of a Fort Wayne house. Allen County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jeremy Tinkel says officers from the county's drug task force, along with state and local polic
- Driver shortage causes backlog of RV deliveries ELKHART, Ind. (AP) — Recreation vehicle officials say more than 25,000 RVs are sitting in lots in northern Indiana awaiting delivery because of a shortage of drivers to deliver them. Recreation Vehicle Industry Association vice president Dianne Farr
- Indiana graduation rates unchanged from 2012 INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indiana Department of Education says the state's high school graduation rates from 2013 are virtually the same as from the year before. Figures released Wednesday show about 88 percent of students passed their year-end assess
- Woman who used cocaine before crash avoids prison GREENFIELD, Ind. (AP) — A central Indiana woman is avoiding prison after pleading guilty to driving under the influence of cocaine when she caused a crash that killed her husband. A Hancock County judge on Tuesday ordered that 30-year-old Rebecca Gar
- Man killed in South Bend while possibly on bike SOUTH BEND (AP) — Police in South Bend say a man was fatally shot in the head while possibly riding a bike on a city street. Officers investigating gunfire about 12:45 a.m. Wednesday found the man down on the street in a neighborhood on the city's no
- Baby born after deadly crash united with mother INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A central Indiana woman who gave birth hours after she was badly hurt in a crash that killed her husband has been united with her daughter. Baby Autumn Sperry was released Tuesday from Riley Hospital for Children to her grandparen
- Convicted murderer gets 20 years added to sentence FORT WAYNE (AP) — A man already sentenced to 65 years in prison for murder has had more time added to his sentence for attacking a jail guard in Fort Wayne. Nineteen-year-old Deadrian Boykins was sentenced Tuesday to 20 years for aggravated battery.
- Indiana district expects student loss from closure HYMERA, Ind. (AP) — A southwestern Indiana school district is expecting to lose nearly all the students from a small town's high school and elementary school that are set to close. That comes as a community group in the Sullivan County town of Dugge
- Final draft of new education standards released INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The final draft of Indiana's proposed education standards is available online for public viewing. The state Department of Education on Tuesday morning released the proposed guidelines for what students should learn in each grade.
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Players protest rehiring of fired Minn. football coach