- Breaking News
Drug court participants could face prison time
The Indiana Supreme Court's suspension of a troubled southern Indiana drug court has left more than 70 people facing the possibility that they'll have to serve out the rest of their sentences in prison.
Retired sergeant reunited with war dog companion
A retired Air Force sergeant from southern Indiana has been reunited with a military dog that served with him during the war in Iraq.
Judge mulls sentence for man in witness beating
A southern Indiana judge is weighing what sentence he'll impose on a man convicted of attacking another man over testimony that led to his stepdaughter's arrest.
Ind. nature trust expands Owen-Putnam State Forest
State officials say funding from the Bicentennial Nature Trust has helped the Indiana Department of Natural Resources expand a central Indiana state forest by 84 acres.
Man faces drug charges after pot falls from pocket
Northern Indiana police say a man registering as a sex offender at a county jail is facing drug charges after a bag of marijuana allegedly fell out of his pocket in the jail.
Groups ask regulators to probe plant's power woes
Environmental and citizens' groups are asking Indiana regulators to launch a formal investigation into problems and delays that have sharply limited the power output of Duke Energy's $3.5 billion coal-gasification plant.
- Indianapolis man fatally shot by police in raid INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A man who was shot and killed by police after allegedly wounding four SWAT officers watched them approach the suspected drug house on surveillance cameras, Indianapolis' public safety director said. Police said that Andrew Sizemo
- Indiana lawmakers approve police education bill INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — New standards for police cultural sensitivity training and reporting of bullying-related suicides could become law pending the governor's approval. The Indiana Senate gave final approval to the bill in a 40-9 vote on Wednesday. G
- Indiana flood victims hesitant to relocate LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) — The thought of leaving her flooded-out home on Barton Beach Road brings Carla Johnson to the point of tears, but she's ready to go if the government will make a buyout offer — almost any reasonable offer. "At this point, I'm p
- Indiana woman gets 45-year sentence in slaying NEW ALBANY, Ind. (AP) — A southern Indiana woman who prosecutors say fatally shot a Kentucky man during a sexual role-playing game has been sentenced to 45 years in prison. Lisa Shuler, 32, of New Albany apologized during a hearing Wednesday in a Fl
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Drug court participants could face prison time