- Breaking News
Southern Ind. city letting marina houseboats stay longer
Jeffersonville's mayor is extending the deadline for several houseboat owners to move from the Ohio River marina as work continues on a plan to overhaul the docks.
IUPUI students get immersed in cricket, the game
Fans of the sport known as cricket are celebrating the recent training a group of Indiana college students received in the nuances of the ball-and-bat game.
Officials say 3 tried to dig out of central Ind. jail
Authorities say three inmates tried to escape from the Morgan County Jail by digging a hole through the wall of their cell.
- Wall of storms threatens to upend holiday travel CHICAGO (AP) — A wall of storms packing ice, sleet and rain could upend holiday travel plans as millions of Americans take to the roads, skies and rails Wednesday for Thanksgiving. So far, the deadly storms barreling into the mid-Atlantic and Northea
- Indiana drivers aren't ready for winter emergencies INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indiana Department of Homeland Security is recommending drivers make sure they are ready for winter emergencies while traveling. The department says a surveyed it conducted of Indiana residents showed about three-fourths said
- Warning issued for lake-effect snow in N. Indiana LAPORTE (AP) — Snow has started falling in parts of northern Indiana, with up to a foot of lake-effect snow possible on one of the year's busiest travel days. The National Weather Service has issued a heavy snow warning for northern Indiana's LaPorte
- Mother dies 4 days after fire killed 2 children INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A hospital official says a woman has died four days after she was badly burned in a fire that killed two of her young children at the family's rural central Indiana home. Wishard Memorial Hospital spokesman Todd Harper tells The I
- Ind. man killed when van hits horse-drawn buggy GOSHEN (AP) — Authorities say a van crashed into a horse-drawn buggy on a northern Indiana highway, killing the buggy's driver. The Elkhart County Sheriff's Department says the crash happened Monday evening on Indiana 119 a few miles southwest of Gos
- Foot of lake-effect snow possible in N. Indiana Eds: APNewsNow. LAPORTE, Ind. (AP) — Driving across northern Indiana could become difficult for Thanksgiving Day travelers with up to a foot of lake-effect snow possible in areas near Lake Michigan. The National Weather Service has issued a heavy sn
- Man dies in S. Ind. cave he explored for years CORYDON, Ind. (AP) — A man who died while exploring a treacherous southern Indiana cave had been traversing through it for years. Authorities say 49-year-old Timothy McLain of Brownsburg died Saturday evening when he was more than two miles into Blow
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Southern Ind. city letting marina houseboats stay longer