- Breaking News
- Fog delays many central, eastern Indiana schools INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Dense fog in parts of central and eastern Indiana has delayed the start of school in numerous districts. The National Weather Service says patchy dense fog has developed across the central part of the state, reducing visibility to
- Record crowds over weekend, but spending declined NEW YORK (AP) — Retailers got Americans into stores during the start to the holiday shopping season. Now, they'll need to figure out how to get them to actually shop. Target, Macy's and other retailers offered holiday discounts in early November and
- Indiana state park deer hunts reach 20th year NASHVILLE, Ind. (AP) — A state wildlife official says the deer hunts that started in one of Indiana's most-popular state parks 20 years ago has helped improve its ecosystem. The December 1993 deer hunt at Brown County State Park near Nashville was me
- Vandals spray-paint over part of South Bend mural SOUTH BEND (AP) — A large mural that volunteers painted last summer on a bridge that's an entryway to downtown South Bend has been defaced by vandals. WSBT-TV reports that a portion of the 172,000-square-foot mural depicting a brightly-colored river
1 dies in shooting involving police in southern Indiana
Authorities say one person was fatally shot after sheriff's deputies tried to serve a warrant at a southern Indiana home.
Southwestern Ind. district weighs closing high school
Supporters of a small high school in Dugger say many students will leave the district if it is closed, while others argue budget troubles leave the district no other options.
Southern Ind. city letting marina houseboats stay longer
Jeffersonville's mayor is extending the deadline for several houseboat owners to move from the Ohio River marina as work continues on a plan to overhaul the docks.
IUPUI students get immersed in cricket, the game
Fans of the sport known as cricket are celebrating the recent training a group of Indiana college students received in the nuances of the ball-and-bat game.
Officials say 3 tried to dig out of central Ind. jail
Authorities say three inmates tried to escape from the Morgan County Jail by digging a hole through the wall of their cell.
- Wall of storms threatens to upend holiday travel CHICAGO (AP) — A wall of storms packing ice, sleet and rain could upend holiday travel plans as millions of Americans take to the roads, skies and rails Wednesday for Thanksgiving. So far, the deadly storms barreling into the mid-Atlantic and Northea
- More Breaking News Headlines