US students in middle of pack on financial knowhow
The United States runs in the middle of the pack when it comes to the financial knowledge and skills of 15-year-old boys and girls, according to an international study released Wednesday.
Stocks fall for a second day; Nasdaq slumps
U.S. stocks are falling in midday trading Tuesday as investors await corporate earnings reports this week. Tech and small companies fell sharply. The Dow Jones industrial average dropped below 17,000 for the first time since crossing that threshold last week on news that employers have been hiring more.
US-China strategic talks get test this week
The United States and China will spend time over the next couple of days testing whether their annual "Strategic and Economic Dialogue" can produce tough compromises or just serve as a venue to talk about greater cooperation.
Stocks fall after market hit milestones
Stocks were modestly lower Monday as investors prepared for the start of corporate earnings season. The market gave up some of its gains from late last week, which were driven partly by news of a surge in hiring last month.
Virgin Galactic partners with New Mexico hotel
Virgin Galactic appears to be getting closer to reaching its long-delayed goal of launching tourists into space.
- Business briefs for July 6, 2014 Credit unions mergeSolidarity Community Federal Credit Union completed a merger with Kokomo Post Office Credit Union Tuesday, according to a news release.The Kokomo Post Office Credit Union served its members nearly 80 years, after being chartered in
- Homes spend less time on market Things are looking up in Howard County’s real estate market.After a slow start the year, with sales hampered by brutal winter weather, real estate professionals report brisk sales and lower inventory – which is good for sellers.“I see the residential
- Marcus: A new ranking of the states The same day Gov. Pence held his tax circus (conference) last week, CNBC (the cable business channel) released its ranking of “America’s Top States for Business.”These rankings compare the states on 56 measures of competitiveness grouped into 10 broa
- Business briefs Community Howard hires president, CEOCommunity Howard Regional Health has appointed Ron Lewis interim president and CEO. Lewis will direct patient care delivery in the Community Health Network’s Howard Region.Lewis joined Community Health Network in
- The Salvation Army's new digs on Markland Avenue The Salvation Army thrift store is finally located where Capt. Dale Brandenburg has been hoping to open it.It’s part of a larger dream to build a new facility at the corner of North Washington and Jefferson streets in downtown Kokomo. The store and w
- More Business Headlines
- US students in middle of pack on financial knowhow