Movie preview: “The Expendables 3”
Plot: Commander Barney augments his team with new blood as this latest mission becomes a clash of classic old-school style versus high-tech expertise in the Expendables’ most personal battle yet.
Movie preview: “Let’s Be Cops”
Plot: Two struggling pals dress as police officers for a costume party and become neighborhood sensations. But when these newly-minted “heroes” get tangled in a real life web of mobsters and dirty detectives, they must put their fake badges on the line.
Movie preview: “The Giver”
Plot: In a seemingly perfect future community, without war, pain, suffering, differences or choice, a young man discovers the sinister secrets that hold his fragile society together after being selected to join the Giver.
Peru festival features Soggy Bottom Boys
PERU — Hoosier Heritage Fest will feature antique tractors, demonstrations, tractor pulls, and family activities Friday through Sunday at the Miami County Fairgrounds in Peru. The show, hosted by Pioneer Power of North Central Indiana, will welcome o
- And the Emmy winners are...? We're happy to guess! Truth be told, we're both perplexed about which Emmy nominees will carry trophies home from Monday's ceremony. Allow us to explain. There was so much great TV last season that standout prime-time shows including "The Good Wife" and "Scandal" and sta
- Debbie Reynolds to get SAG Life Achievement Award LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Screen Actors Guild is honoring Debbie Reynolds for her professional and humanitarian accomplishments. The guild announced Monday that the 82-year-old entertainer will receive the 2014 SAG Life Achievement Award at the Screen
- Agent gives Hollywood edgy look with 'real' people BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — You couldn’t miss Hollywood talent agent Sid Levin’s office in the old days: It wasn’t much bigger than a closet and it was sometimes filled with burglars, bank robbers and gang members, all trying to break into the movie
- W-I-N-N-E-R! Oregon man crowned Scrabble champ BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Conrad Bassett-Bouchard started his championship Scrabble game Wednesday with the word “zilch” and finished with the opposite — the $10,000 prize and the title of national Scrabble champion.The 24-year-old player, from Portland,
- Michael Cera releases album he calls 'honest' NEW YORK (AP) — Michael Cera released an indie folk album last week — quietly, in a way almost as unassuming as the actor himself. "I would record a lot of the songs in the middle of the night just at home. I never thought anyone would ever listen to
- SNL alum Chris Kattan gets probation for DUI LOS ANGELES (AP) — Chris Kattan has been sentenced to three years' probation for driving under the influence and crashing his Mercedes into a Department of Transportation vehicle on a Southern California freeway earlier this year. The former "Saturda
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Movie preview: “The Expendables 3”