- Robin Williams' wife: He had Parkinson's disease LOS ANGELES (AP) — The wife of Robin Williams says he was in the stages of Parkinson's disease and was sober at the time of his apparent suicide. In a statement Thursday, Susan Schneider said that Williams was struggling with depression, anxiety and
Movie preview: “The Expendables 3”
Plot: Commander Barney augments his team with new blood as this latest mission becomes a clash of classic old-school style versus high-tech expertise in the Expendables’ most personal battle yet.
Movie preview: “The Giver”
Plot: In a seemingly perfect future community, without war, pain, suffering, differences or choice, a young man discovers the sinister secrets that hold his fragile society together after being selected to join the Giver.
Movie preview: “Let’s Be Cops”
Plot: Two struggling pals dress as police officers for a costume party and become neighborhood sensations. But when these newly-minted “heroes” get tangled in a real life web of mobsters and dirty detectives, they must put their fake badges on the line.
- Author tells story of wild ride of Benny Binion Benny Binion, native of tiny Pilot Grove, Texas, began his career as a crooked horse trader, graduated to bootlegging, took over the policy racket in Dallas, broke into the big time by opening the Horseshoe casino in Las Vegas, launched the World Ser
- 'Magician's Land' closes a trilogy that matures Quentin Coldwater — a moody, man-child magician — is finally growing up. And just in time to save everything, mostly, that's ever mattered to him. "The Magician's Land" is the final book in the three-book "Magicians" trilogy, a genre-busting adult fa
- Review: 'The Giver' alters book for softer tale LOS ANGELES (AP) — An agreeable young adult riff on Orwell — via "Logan's Run" — topped with the kind of magic-transformative baloney that passes for an ending in too many otherwise-fine Hollywood adventures, Phillip Noyce's "The Giver" greets a man-
- Celine Dion postpones career to focus on health, husband NEW YORK (AP) — Celine Dion is postponing her music career to focus on her health, husband and three children. Dion's representative says in a statement Wednesday that the singer is dealing with an illness that caused inflammation in her throat muscl
- Marvel heroes and villains fight it out live NEW YORK (AP) — Marvel Entertainment, which muscled into pop culture with comic books, TV cartoons and movies, is gambling on attracting new fans as it tackles 3-D — but forget the silly glasses. A new live arena show called "Marvel Universe Live!" —
- Haruki Murakami's new novel journeys to the past NEW YORK (AP) — Haruki Murakami's new novel is yet another risky reunion with the past. "The past is my treasure chest, and once I open it, I have so many materials in there," says the 65-year-old Japanese author, whose "Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and
- More Entertainment Headlines