I was taking some of my containers out to the buggy so they would be out of the way when someone came to get me saying daughter Verena is choking on popcorn. After several of us tried to retrieve the popcorn we noticed she wasn’t choking but she was losing her breath, couldn’t talk or walk. The EMS was called and she was taken to the hospital. The EMS men thought at first she could be having a seizure but after treating her for one she still didn’t act different. After taking some tests and x-rays, the doctor said she was dehydrated and under a lot of stress which might have led into an anxiety attack when she kind of choked on the popcorn. After being able to talk, Verena told us her chest starting hurting really bad and she was hardly able to breath so she wanted to go for a drink of water but fell, not being able to help herself anymore.
How blessed we felt to be able to bring her home after they gave her some IV fluids. Joe and I spent the evening at the hospital. The children ate supper at Jacob’s. They had quite a few people there for supper. Too bad it had to turn out this way, that we couldn’t be there, but God’s ways are not our ways.