- Fitness Challenge 2010
Shape-Up teams sprint to a close finish
Eight weeks ago, I walked into the first Community Shape-Up training session and I saw a group that could barely make it through 30 seconds of jumping jacks without looking a little queasy. I was nervous for the 89 participants who signed up for the Kokomo Tribune and Club Fitness 24’s annual weight-loss contest, to say the least.
Final fitness challenge pounds, percentage lost
Final fitness challenge pounds, percentage lost:
- Participants sprint toward finish line When most of the Community Shape-Up participants walked into Club Fitness 24, they could barely make it through one round of their large-group training sessions. Many of them had never run a city block before.
- Trina Phillips-Nelson, in her own words: “Many of us braved the weather for Saturday’s 5K race. We ALL finished. I cannot begin to tell you how humbled I am by the actions of my fellow ‘challenge-mates.’
- Community Shape-Up: Week 4 progress Community Shape-Up: Week 4 progress
- Contestants shed 600 pounds in first month Halfway through the Kokomo Tribune and Club Fitness 24’s Community Shape-Up and faces are looking thinner, clothes are becoming baggy and the bodies are becoming leaner.
- Shape-Up crew showered with support Community Shape-Up contestants share examples of support and encouragement they have received in the first three weeks of the contest.
Shape-Up contestants learn about accountability
At the end of Saturday’s Community Shape-Up workout, more than 45 participants lined Club Fitness 24’s speed track in plank position — hovering their bodies several inches above the ground, balancing on their forearms and toes.
Their mission — hold the position as long as possible. Last one standing wins bragging rights as well as a stronger midsection.
- Meet the contestants in this year’s challenge:
- More than 80 set to ‘Shape-Up’ in fitness competition Last month, we sent out a call to the com-munity and chal-lenged the entire city of Kokomo to get a little healthier — and we’re pleased to say that the Tribune and Club Fitness 24 have the opportunity to work with more than 80 community members who accepted the call to be in our first-ever Community Shape-Up.
- More Fitness Challenge 2010 Headlines
- Shape-Up teams sprint to a close finish