- A little something about nothing So it finally happened, folks.I’m sitting here staring at a blank screen, wondering what to wow you with this week. I’ve got nothing. After writing this column for 10 months, I may have run out of interesting things to tell you.I knew this day would
- Laugh House owner headlining club next weekend Laugh House Kokomo’s owner and touring comedian Mike Gardner will headline a show at his club next weekend – his first time since it opened in June.Some of his fans have been asking week after week when he’ll take the stage again, he said. But for mo
- This week's best bets 1) Best in bluegrass Two local bluegrass musicians brought in some of the country's top bluegrass bands and solo artists for a three-day festival celebrating the music genre. The festival goes tonight, Saturday and Sunday at 100 S. 9980 West, Russiav
- Editor's picks 1) Jesse McCartney Live See American singer, songwriter and actor Jesse McCartney perform live at Old National Centre in Indianapolis Friday night. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $35. McCartney released his first solo album, Beautiful
- Finding the light in the dark Amidst the endless “RIP Robin Williams” messages on social media this week, I spotted two posts that stood out for all of the wrong reasons.These two callous souls said no one should honor the late actor or mourn his death because suicide is selfish.
Top acts performing at Winding Creek Bluegrass Festival
Two local bluegrass musicians are bringing some of the country’s top bluegrass bands to Howard County next weekend for three days of music, food and camping.The Winding Creek Bluegrass Festival kicks off at 2 p.m. Aug. 22 at 100 S. 9980 West, Russiaville.
- This week's best bets Taste of KokomoLoosen your belts and head out to Foster Park from 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday to sample local cuisine at the annual Taste of Kokomo. Try foods like steak on a stick, fried alligator, peanut butter and jelly wings and fried green tomatoes wh
- Editor's Picks 1) Family-friendly comedy Professional speaker and humorist Jeanne Robertson performs at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Honeywell Center. She captivates audiences with her stories of friends, family and everyday situations with a hilarious twist. Whether
- KCT performing Shakespeare comedy This weekend Kokomo Civic Theatre will perform its first Shakespeare piece in 16 years.New KCT director Melody Pike is leading the way with Shakespeare’s comedy “Twelfth Night,” the ultimate battle of the sexes.There are shows at 8 p.m. tonight and S
- Sorry, I don't know the answer My brain apparently thinks it has no use for useless facts. Or perhaps I am the world’s most inobservant person.Those are the only reasons I can come up with to explain away how terrible I am at trivia nights. I learned this Wednesday.My co-workers a
- More [friday] Headlines