Santa and Mrs. Claus chugged into downtown Kokomo atop a U.S. Rail train engine Saturday. The couple delighted throngs of children. After telling Santa what they wanted for Christmas, the kids got the chance to build stuff in Santa's workshop and pet Santa's reindeer. Here are photos you haven't seen from the event.
Here's what was going on in the local scene this week. Give us a wave next time you see us.
- Finding the light in the dark Amidst the endless “RIP Robin Williams” messages on social media this week, I spotted two posts that stood out for all of the wrong reasons.These two callous souls said no one should honor the late actor or mourn his death because suicide is selfish.
Top acts performing at Winding Creek Bluegrass Festival
Two local bluegrass musicians are bringing some of the country’s top bluegrass bands to Howard County next weekend for three days of music, food and camping.The Winding Creek Bluegrass Festival kicks off at 2 p.m. Aug. 22 at 100 S. 9980 West, Russiaville.
- This week's best bets Taste of KokomoLoosen your belts and head out to Foster Park from 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday to sample local cuisine at the annual Taste of Kokomo. Try foods like steak on a stick, fried alligator, peanut butter and jelly wings and fried green tomatoes wh
- Editor's Picks 1) Family-friendly comedy Professional speaker and humorist Jeanne Robertson performs at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Honeywell Center. She captivates audiences with her stories of friends, family and everyday situations with a hilarious twist. Whether
- KCT performing Shakespeare comedy This weekend Kokomo Civic Theatre will perform its first Shakespeare piece in 16 years.New KCT director Melody Pike is leading the way with Shakespeare’s comedy “Twelfth Night,” the ultimate battle of the sexes.There are shows at 8 p.m. tonight and S
- Sorry, I don't know the answer My brain apparently thinks it has no use for useless facts. Or perhaps I am the world’s most inobservant person.Those are the only reasons I can come up with to explain away how terrible I am at trivia nights. I learned this Wednesday.My co-workers a
- This week's best bets 1) A night at the ball Daddies let your daughters get all dolled up and take them to Bona Vista's Cinderella Ball tonight at the Kokomo Country Club. There will be dinner, horse-drawn carriage rides, ballroom dance lessons, crafts and souvenirs from
- Editor's Picks 1) Murder Mystery Head to Lafayette tonight or Saturday to help solve a murder over dinner. The most popular mystery dinner show in the country, Murder at Cafe Noir, comes to Columbia Ballroom, 625 Columbia St., Lafayette. It has delighted audiences
- This week's best bets 1) Young Country Night Check out up-and-coming country artists Chris Lane, Chris Cavanaugh and Drew Baldridge as they perform a free show in Foster Park Friday night as part of the Kokomo Summer Concert Series Young Country Night. The show starts at
- My kind of unlucky life So I was born unlucky. Wait. Scratch that. That’s not entirely true. Twenty-six years and eight months ago I was born into a middle class family with two parents who love me unconditionally. I had a mom who loved being around me and my siblings so mu
- More [friday] Headlines