1) Kenny Rogers in Carmel
See American icon Kenny Rogers live at the Palladium in Carmel 8 p.m. tonight.
Rogers is known for his instantly identifiable, sweet raspy vocals and an extraordinary ability to vividly inhabit each song he performs.
In his 52 years in the business, he’s developed a long list of timeless classics which includes an impressive 24 #1 hits, such as “The Gambler,” “Through the Years” and “Lady.” Rogers has said that music is by far the best “memory creator” he knows, and seeing him live at the Palladium is a memory you won’t want to miss.
2) Interactive comedy
Participate in the interactive comedy "Going... Going... Gone" at Indy Fringe Basile Theatre, 719 E. St. Clair St., Indianapolis, at 7 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for students and seniors.
A live auction comedy with a new cast of terrific actors at every performance, "Going...Going...Gone" lets the audience participate in the final sale at Ed's, an auction house filled with spontaneous stories and surprising revelations. What other show lets winning bidders take home the props?
How “Going…Going…Gone” works:
• When entering the theatre, you are given play money –useful for bidding on the objects.
• Not everyone starts with the same amount of money. Yep: Just like in the real world. Deal with it.
• Don’t be shy. You are a part of the show.
• Don’t be obnoxious. You’re not the whole show.
• Even if you don’t really want something, consider bidding anyway to force the people who do want it to bid higher. (It’s fun to be annoying.)
• If you are the winning bidder, you will take your item home … and tell all your friends you got it at “Going…Going…Gone.”