- Dec. 12, 2013: Letters to the editor 'Thanks to greed and ignorance' Large-scale wind turbine arrays, like the one near Windfall and those planned for Howard County, cause significant harm to wildlife, people and the environment. In return, because of wind's low density, intermittency a
- Dec. 11, 2013: Letters to the editor Courts should rule in adherence to law A recent, troubling ruling by our local judiciary went against the City of Kokomo, which was trying to close a "gentlemen's club" for violation of a zoning law. The club operated in a building in which a wall di
- Dec. 10, 2013: Letters to the editor CRD members have 1 issue: themselves It took two letters to make two things apparent from the reaction to Ms. Rayl's recent letter: 1) Mr. Carney's biggest concern is that we should all uphold the law and; 2) The CRD (Citizens for Responsible Develop
Letters to the Editor: Dec. 9, 2013
In a recent KT story, we were treated to the contradictory and inconsistent ramblings of Mayor Goodnight as he attempted to paste together a coherent argument against allowing the citizens of his city ...
Letters to the Editor: Dec. 8, 2013
In a recent letter to the editor, a writer claims “Glenda Ritz was elected by teachers to kill vouchers, charter schools and protect their jobs.” I have a couple of problems with this statement.
Letters to the Editor: Dec. 4, 2013
We as a nation continue to engage in a war on drugs, which is predominately focused on arrests for marijuana, that violates our basic civil rights.
Letters to the Editor: Dec. 3, 2013
A recent opinion page article concerned the private lives of ‘social reformers’ not equalling the movement they championed.
- Dec. 1, 2013: Letters to the editor CRD turbine foes not against Chrysler Contrary to what Anabeth Rayl wrote in her letter, the Tipton County Citizens for Responsible Development were not involved in the dispute over the waiver of a permit fee for Chrysler protested by three individua
- Nov. 29, 2013: Letters to the editor Turbine proponent misses letter's point Ms. Rayl's assertion that Chrysler is in the crosshairs of industrial wind turbine opponents was a gross misrepresentation of the focus of my previous opinion letter. I can only speak for my intent and not for
- Nov. 28, 2013: Letters to the editor Tipton County gov't isn't 'for the people' Recent news reporting indicated the Tipton County commissioners eliminated a $21,000 building permit fee for Chrysler's new transmission factory. (Chrysler did not request it.) But they refused to eliminate
- More Letters Headlines