A story on page A6 of Friday's edition regarding a physician arrested on drug charges was incorrect. The physician, Dr. Matthew Steiner, has no association with Steiner & Associates of Russiaville.
- Local News
- Sobriety checkpoints planned for today in Kokomo The Howard County Sheriff Department announced deputies will conduct a multi-jurisdictional enforcement checkpoint targeting impaired drivers in Howard County today. Officers from the Kokomo Police Department and troopers from the Indiana State Polic
- Miami Co. jobless rate falls to 6-year low PERU – The unemployment rate in Miami County dropped to a six-year low in July but, despite the decrease, the county still has one of the highest unemployment rates in the state.Miami County’s unemployment rate slid from 7.2 percent in June to 6.9 pe
- Ivy Tech honors Debra Cook with Alumni Achievement Award Debra Cook had made up her mind to earn a master’s degree, though she knew it would be challenging while raising three children and working full-time.Ivy Tech Community College provided her the first step in achieving that goal, and earlier this mont
- VFW commander injured in crash The post commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1152 suffered head and other injuries when he crashed his motorcycle Wednesday evening on East Lincoln Road.A Kokomo Police Department accident report stated Kenneth A. Fisher, 67, was riding a
- Woman seriously injured in Ohio Street crash A 42-year-old woman suffered multiple injuries Thursday afternoon after the van she was driving was struck head-on by a Jeep on North Ohio Street.Kokomo police at the scene said Holly DeWitt, 42, suffered multiple fractures to her arms and legs and h
- Riders see numerous benefits to City-Line Trolleys As Sharon Sanchez waits for the Red Line trolley to take her to work at Steak N’ Shake on South Reed Road, she can’t imagine her life without the busing system. Sanchez rides the bus to work from downtown to the south part of town and to events at Ch
- City Line Trolley ridership up 31 percent Any questions about the demand for public transportation in Kokomo have been answered since the city expanded its routes for the City Line Trolley last July. The bus service has seen its passenger totals increase 31 percent since it added three new l
One injured in two-vehicle crash on Ohio Street
A 42-year-old woman suffered multiple injuries Thursday afternoon after the van she was driving was struck head-on by a Jeep on North Ohio Street.
- Rev. Robert A. Lee’s candidacy once again challenged For the second time, Rev. Robert A. Lee’s candidacy for Center Township Trustee is being challenged in what Howard County Democratic Chair David Tharp has described as an act of “singling out” the retired pastor. Lee’s candidacy for township trustee
- IU grad wins $100,000 technology startup prize BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) — A recent Indiana University graduate has won a $100,000 technology prize that will finance his new startup company devoted to improving hearing aids and prosthetics. Gregory Mattes graduated this year from IU's Kelley School
- More Local News Headlines