Carver Community Center
An Easter egg hunt will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Studebaker Park and Carver Community Center. Age groups will be 2 to 5 years, 6 to 8 years, and 8 to 12 years.
The Easter bunny will be in attendance, and snacks and juice boxes will be provided. There will also be an Easter basket drawing for prized eggs.
Project Hope will host an Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m. Saturday at Solid Rock Ministries, 1516 N. 1150 West, Kokomo.
More than $500 in gifts will be handed out. There will six large bunnies and more than 100 small bunnies. There will also be coupons for grocery stores and local restaurants.
Children from 2 to 9 years old can participate. For more information, call Glenda Manis at (765) 457-0723.
Kokomo Event Center
Kokomo’s largest egg hunt presented by First Assembly of God, Kokomo, registration at 11:30 a.m. and event starts at noon, Kokomo Event Center, there will be hot dogs, popcorn, soft drinks and inflatables. The event is free. (765) 457-8271.
North Woods Village
Join North Woods Village, 2233 W. Jefferson St., at 10 a.m. April 11 for an Easter egg hunt. There will be a continental breakfast, door prizes, picture with the Easter bunny and an egg hunt. Residents of Auguste’s Cottage Memory Care Center filled the eggs.
For more information, call (765) 457-9175.
Carver Community Center
- Local News
- Serena Youth Center seeking donations to furnish house The Serena Youth Center is looking for area businesses, churches and individuals to help furnish the center for the young women who will be living there. Kokomo’s first center for young women, ages 18 to 25, will soon open its doors, and the house on
- Visual arts classes inspire adults to be creative Editor's note: This is one of several stories that will be published Sunday about how various groups are sharing their artistic talents with others. Eighty-six-year-old Dixie Bennett walked around her makeshift classroom inside Artworks Gallery Thurs
- Driver in Thursday crash cited for six traffic violations Kokomo police gave the driver of the jeep involved in Thursday afternoon’s crash on North Ohio Street six citations, including driving with a suspended driver’s license.
- 8 inches of overnight rain floods part of Indiana INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Heavy rains that dumped more than half a foot of rain overnight in some places triggered widespread flooding Friday in some central and northern Indiana counties. State police closed a section of Interstate 69 in both directions
Purdue posts disputed video of photographer online
Purdue University has posted online a surveillance video that college newspaper editors say shows a staff photographer being roughed up by police near where a student had been fatally shot and stabbed. Purdue posted the vi
- Sobriety checkpoints planned for today in Kokomo The Howard County Sheriff Department announced deputies will conduct a multi-jurisdictional enforcement checkpoint targeting impaired drivers in Howard County today. Officers from the Kokomo Police Department and troopers from the Indiana State Polic
- Miami Co. jobless rate falls to 6-year low PERU – The unemployment rate in Miami County dropped to a six-year low in July but, despite the decrease, the county still has one of the highest unemployment rates in the state.Miami County’s unemployment rate slid from 7.2 percent in June to 6.9 pe
- Ivy Tech honors Debra Cook with Alumni Achievement Award Debra Cook had made up her mind to earn a master’s degree, though she knew it would be challenging while raising three children and working full-time.Ivy Tech Community College provided her the first step in achieving that goal, and earlier this mont
- VFW commander injured in crash The post commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1152 suffered head and other injuries when he crashed his motorcycle Wednesday evening on East Lincoln Road.A Kokomo Police Department accident report stated Kenneth A. Fisher, 67, was riding a
- Woman seriously injured in Ohio Street crash A 42-year-old woman suffered multiple injuries Thursday afternoon after the van she was driving was struck head-on by a Jeep on North Ohio Street.Kokomo police at the scene said Holly DeWitt, 42, suffered multiple fractures to her arms and legs and h
- More Local News Headlines