Carver Community Center
An Easter egg hunt will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Studebaker Park and Carver Community Center. Age groups will be 2 to 5 years, 6 to 8 years, and 8 to 12 years.
The Easter bunny will be in attendance, and snacks and juice boxes will be provided. There will also be an Easter basket drawing for prized eggs.
Project Hope will host an Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m. Saturday at Solid Rock Ministries, 1516 N. 1150 West, Kokomo.
More than $500 in gifts will be handed out. There will six large bunnies and more than 100 small bunnies. There will also be coupons for grocery stores and local restaurants.
Children from 2 to 9 years old can participate. For more information, call Glenda Manis at (765) 457-0723.
Kokomo Event Center
Kokomo’s largest egg hunt presented by First Assembly of God, Kokomo, registration at 11:30 a.m. and event starts at noon, Kokomo Event Center, there will be hot dogs, popcorn, soft drinks and inflatables. The event is free. (765) 457-8271.
North Woods Village
Join North Woods Village, 2233 W. Jefferson St., at 10 a.m. April 11 for an Easter egg hunt. There will be a continental breakfast, door prizes, picture with the Easter bunny and an egg hunt. Residents of Auguste’s Cottage Memory Care Center filled the eggs.
For more information, call (765) 457-9175.
Carver Community Center
- Local News
- Lake Co. judge strikes down Indiana right-to-work INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A Lake County judge struck down Indiana's right-to-work ban on certain union fees in a second legal blow to the contentious law passed in 2012. Lake County Circuit Court Judge George Paras determined the law violates the state co
- Who should fix the dams? PERU — Who has jurisdiction over six dams located in the Hidden Hills housing addition just north of Peru, the Indiana Department of Natural Resources or the people who own the land?It’s a question with a lot riding on it — more than $1.5 million, in
- Residents organize outreach for fire victims Josh and Courtney Justice lost everything they owned Tuesday afternoon after a fire ravaged their home in Indian Heights. The community has been reaching out to help replace some of what was destroyed. Just hours after the blaze displaced the Justice
- Howard County rejected for state preschool pilot Howard County is not among the five counties selected for Indiana’s new preschool voucher pilot.Gov. Mike Pence announced Tuesday that Allen, Jackson, Lake, Marion and Vanderburgh counties will roll out the program in 2015. Eighteen counties, includi
- Kokomo man charged with sexual misconduct with a minor Kokomo police arrested a 20-year-old man Tuesday afternoon on a warrant charging him with sexual misconduct with a minor involving a 14-year-old girl.Officers arrested Malachi Ely at 4:38 p.m. at his residence in the 500 block of South Goyer Road on
- Kokomo Airport runway extension nearing completion After more than a decade of waiting, a runway extension project that will allow the Kokomo Municipal Airport to attract new business will soon be prepared for takeoff.The project, which will extend the airport’s main runway from 5,200 feet to 6,000 f
Serena Youth Center to offer safe haven for young women
Young women in Kokomo in need of security and additional support will soon have a new place to call home as plans move forward to open the Serena Youth Center. On Tuesday, Coordinated Assistance Ministries Inc. closed on a property for the youth cent
- Man jailed on sex charge Kokomo police arrested a 20-year-old man Tuesday afternoon on a warrant charging him with sexual misconduct with a minor involving a 14-year-old. Officers arrested Malachi Ely at 4:38 p.m. at his residence in the 500 block of South Goyer Road on the
- Indiana Veterans Hall of Fame seeks nominations INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A new hall of fame for Indiana military veterans is seeking nominations for its first class of inductees. The Indiana Military Veterans Hall of Fame says it expects to induct the first honorees around Veterans Day at Fort Benjamin
- Lawmakers approve pair of new license plates INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A panel of state lawmakers approved new license plates recognizing the Indy 500 and Abraham Lincoln under a new system clamping down on the number of special license plates on the road. Members of the Legislature's transportation
- More Local News Headlines