American Red Cross
• American Red Cross response efforts: (all areas) available 24 hours daily by calling 888-684-1441 or call 2-1-1 for information and referral updates.
• American Red Cross Service Center: Disaster victims should report to 210 W. Walnut St. Suite 120. This assesses individual situations and develops individual recovery plans. It is not for FEMA assistance. Vouchers will be issued for disaster victims to receive needed assistance.
• Tipton County Flood victims should contact the Health Department at 765-675-8741.
• Red Cross of Tipton County is passing out clean up kits, shovels, gloves, dust masks, box fans and other supplies.
• Donations to the Red Cross to support operations can be made at the chapter’s website www.redcross.org/in/wabash, by texting REDCROSS to 90999, or at UnitedWayHoCo.org. To ensure your donation goes to flood victims, note or state “# floodhoco.”
• Walk-in donations may be made at United Way, 210 W. Walnut St., accepting checks, cash and credit cards.
• Call-ins may be made to the United Way at 765-457-6691, accepting credit cards and caller needs to provide name (as shown on card), complete address, credit card number, three-digit code and expiration date.
• Mail checks to: American Red Cross, 210 W. Walnut St. Suite 120, Kokomo, IN 46901 or United Way, 210 W. Walnut St., Kokomo, IN 46901
Center Township residents who expect to need assistance re-establishing a household, with rent or utility assistance, are encouraged to begin the process by completing an application that will be pended until they have new housing. Go to Center Township Trustee office at 213 E. Jefferson in Kokomo from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Wednesday, 765-452-8259.
Waste disposal and clean up
• Kokomo: Place items on the curb to be picked up by the city.
Flood clean-up kits
• Clean up kits will be available at: American Red Cross Service Center located at Grace United Methodist Church, 219 W. Mulberry St., 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday; Kokomo Urban Outreach, 310 E. Monroe St., 765-457-1983, noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Victim damage registry and reporting
• Anyone who experienced flood damage should register losses at www.in.gov/dhs. This is not an application. Entering damages will help the assessment process and help to locate areas affected.
• Call your insurance carrier.
• Document all damage to your property and possessions.
• Take photos and videotape.
• Keep your receipts for items and services purchased related to the flood. Also, keep track of repairs that you have made.
• Kokomo is working with state officials to apply for possible federal and state assistance. The city may be asking for photo documentation to help build its case for disaster relief funds.
Furniture, clothing and food assistance
• Kokomo Urban Outreach, 310 E. Monroe St., 765-457-1983, noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, victims must have proof of residence and ID and a referral voucher from American Red Cross Service Center. KUO has noted it has an over-abundance of clothing and will not accept more.
• Food stamp recipients affected by flood who have lost food can go to the FSSA Office, 217 Southway Blvd. E., 800-403-0864, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, Individuals evaluated on a case by case basis.
• Non-food stamp recipients affected by flood and needing emergency food assistance can apply online at www.in.gov/fssa/dfr or at the FSSA office, 217 Southway Blvd. E., 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, picture ID and income verification are needed to process requests and may take up to seven days to receive food assistance.
• Lost EBT (Electronic Benefit) cards should be reported to 877-768-5098 to request replacements.
• Call 211 United Way of Howard County for complete listing of food pantries in Howard County or stop by the office, 210 W. Walnut St., callers can get resources outside the Howard County area, community hot meal locations also available, call 765-860-4133 for detailed information.
• American Red Cross office, 765-459-4162, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 888-684-1441, after hours.
Home Inspection for re-entry and to restore electrical service
• Howard County: Call the building inspector at 765-456-7362 or 765-456-7413
• Kokomo Urban Outreach, 765-457-1983, 310 E. Monroe St., 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, accepting clean mattresses, bed frames, sheets/pillows/blankets, pack and play baby beds, high chairs for babies, couches, dining/kitchen table with chairs, living room chairs, dressers, washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves and televisions.
• Grace United Methodist Church, 765-457-5329, 212 W. Walnut St., accepting donations of flood clean up kits.
• Call 211 to register as a volunteer.
• Kokomo Urban Outreach, 765-252-9954, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, 312 E. Monroe St., assist with pick up, delivery, (especially people with trucks), donation reception at the furniture warehouse, sort and fold clothing and other items.
Morningstar Church, 2900 E. Markland, through May 3, Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 765-452-7166.
For more on this story and other local news, subscribe to The Kokomo Tribune eEdition, or our print edition.