Ivy Tech Community College is partnering with Kokomo Grain to present six free seminars on relevant topics in agriculture.
The weekly series begins Wednesday and will include two sessions at Ivy Tech Community College Logansport, three sessions at the Kokomo Event and Conference Center and one session at Ivy Tech’s Peru Instruction Site.
Light refreshments will be served and participants will receive a rain gauge for attending, while supplies last. For more information, visit the Ivy Tech Kokomo Corporate College Facebook page or contact Julie Byrd at 765-459-0561, ext. 288.
Agriculture Seminar Series, from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, from Wednesday to Feb. 26:
• Wednesday, Ivy Tech Logansport Community Room – Family Farm Ownership: What is the Right Solution for You and Your Family. Instructor: Ted Waggoner, of Peterson, Waggoner and Perkins.
• Jan. 29, Ivy Tech Logansport Community Room – Precision Agriculture. Instructor: Scott Maple, business manager of Maple Farms, Inc.
• Feb. 5, Kokomo Event & Conference Center Room 813: Ag Finance for Beginners. Instructors: Cary Mawbey, First Farmers Bank and Trust, and Michaele Wiegert, FSA.
• Feb. 12, Ivy Tech Peru Auditorium: Farmland Investing and Cash Rents. Instructor: F. Howard Halderman, CEO of Halderman Farm Service.
• Feb. 19, Kokomo Event & Conference Center Room 813: Marketing Grain in Kokomo. Instructor: Mike Silver, senior grain merchandiser for Kokomo Grain.
• Feb. 26, Kokomo Event & Conference Center Room 813: Ag Advocacy and Ag Careers. Instructor: Jennifer Vandeburg, agriculture program chair at Ivy Tech.