Kokomo police arrested the owner of three Kokomo strip clubs Friday evening on charges of promoting prostitution and corrupt business influence.According to the Howard County jail, Dan Dumoulin Jr. was booked into the jail on six Class B felony promoting prostitution and two C felony corrupt business influence. After being booked in, Dumoulin posted $3,000, 10 percent of the $30,000 bail and was released pending his arraignment.
Dan Dumoulin Jr. faces eight felony charges.
- Local News
- Former Wagoner doctor Terpstra faces medical board A Kokomo doctor made a second promise Thursday not to practice medicine while his criminal case is pending, and the Medical Licensing Board of Indiana declared his medical license inactive. William Terpstra, one of four doctors accused of distributin
- Layoffs announced at GMCH Workers at General Motors Components Holdings Inc. were buzzing Thursday about a round of layoffs at the Kokomo plant. Company officials confirmed a number of layoff notices were given to employees within the past week, but declined to comment on how
- One dead in apartment fire near Purdue WEST LAFAYETTE -- Fire rousted Purdue University students from their sleep and out of the three-story apartment complex in the 200 block of South River Road around 5 a.m. Thursday. All but one of them made it out. West Lafayette Fire Chief Tim Heath
- Students get glimpse of college life It's difficult for second graders to imagine all that college entails. But students at Bon Air Elementary School started to get a better idea once they had toured campuses, eaten in dining halls and talked with college students. This is the third sch
- Connecting with nature Area third grade students visited Ivy Tech Event and Conference Center Wednesday for the 11th annual Earth Day event. Children were invited to explore various stations focused on plants, animals and being good stewards of the Earth.
- Routes planned for transmission line project Residents east of Greentown and in northern Howard County will get a clearer picture of where a 70-mile transmission line could be built during another round of informational open houses for the Greentown-Reynolds project. Preliminary route options f
- Two arrested in Wednesday shooting Kokomo police arrested two men on attempted murder charges stemming from a shooting in the 700 block of South Union Street Wednesday afternoon. No one was injured, but police believe there was an intended target. Officers converged on the area about
- Two face attempted murder for Wednesday shooting Kokomo police arrested two men on attempted murder charges stemming from a Wednesday afternoon shooting in the area of South Union and Harrison streets. No one was injured. Officers converged on the area about 3:30 p.m. to numerous reports of shots f
2nd UPDATE: 1 found dead after apartment fire near Purdue
Authorities say one person was found dead after a fire that badly burned an apartment building where many Purdue University students live near the campus.
- Wallace School hosts Indiana’s first Art for the Sky project From the ground, the crowd gathered at Wallace School of Integrated Arts on Wednesday seemed like nothing more than people in colorful T-shirts standing in odd groups. But with "sky sight," the formation took on the large-scale image of a paint palet
- More Local News Headlines