Aug. 5, 11:43 a.m., deputies arrested Melody Jones, 32, 300 block of North Fremont Street, Peru, on a court order.Aug. 5, 3:10 p.m., deputies arrested Reece D. Stepler, 26, 500 block of Easy Street, Peru, on a failure to appear warrant.Aug. 6, 5 a.m., deputies arrested George Brewer, 41, 2100 block of North County Club Road, Peru, on charges of intimidation with a deadly weapon, strangulation and domestic battery.Aug. 6, 2 p.m., deputies arrested Nikolaos Adkins, no age, Rockville, on warrants for contempt of court, non-support of a dependent and failure to appear.Aug. 7, 2:25 a.m., state police arrested Kenneth C. Licklider, 21, 7900 block of North Old U.S. 31, Denver, on a warrant for battery.Aug. 7, 6:34 p.m., deputies arrested Aleck D. Akemon, 19, 14000 block of North 25 West, Macy, on a warrant for violation of home detention.Aug. 8, 1:15 a.m., deputies arrested Cassieopia R. Rhoads, 18, 200 block of West 6th Street, Peru, on charges of assisting a criminal and driving while suspended with priors.Aug. 8, 1:45 a.m., deputies arrested Ashley R.M. Miller, 21, 1000 block of North Lincoln Street, Peru, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.Aug. 8, 3 p.m., deputies arrested Matthew J. Hayslip, 26, Wabash, on a Cook County, Ill., warrant.Aug. 8, 3:25 p.m., deputies arrested Bryan Douglas, 28, South Bend, on a failure to appear warrant.Aug. 8, 5:17 p.m., deputies arrested Melissa L. Bex, 46, 6200 block of North 150 West, Denver, on a warrant for conspiracy to deal meth.Aug. 9, 1:16 a.m., deputies arrested Abigail E. Smith, 20, 700 block of North Paw Paw Pike, Peru, and Luke R. Primerano, 20, 400 block of West 11th Street, Peru, on a charge of minor in consumption of alcohol.Aug. 9, 10:35 a.m., police arrested Bryan G. Stinson, 29, 2800 block of South Hilltop Drive, Peru, on a violation of parole warrant.Aug. 9, 1:16 p.m., deputies arrested William Crawley, 26, Louisville, Ky., on a failure to appear warrant.Aug. 10, 8:13 p.m., deputies arrested Ted K. Koon, 47, 2000 block of North Morrison Street, Kokomo, on three probation violation warrants.Aug. 10, 10:40 p.m., police arrested Ida M. Moody, 51, 200 block of Jackson Avenue, Peru, on a felony operating while intoxicated refusal.Aug. 11, 12:15 a.m., police arrested Chad Hann, 38, 90 block of George Street, Peru, on a warrant for possession of precursors.Aug. 11, 1:30 a.m., deputies arrested Stephen Baber, 23, 2800 block of South Hilltop Drive, Peru, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.Aug. 11, 2:20 a.m., police arrested Dustin Graham, 24, 300 block of East Canal Street, Peru, on a charge of public intoxication.Aug. 11, 3:45 a.m., deputies arrested Kierea Edwards, 27, 300 block of East 3rd Street, Peru, on probation violation warrant.Aug. 11, 8:12 p.m., police arrested Anthony W. Garza, 22, Lafountaine, on a charge battery.Aug. 11, 9 p.m., police arrested James C. Beasley, 43, 30 block of East 2nd Street, Peru, on a warrant for burglary, theft and unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle, and a charge of possession of marijuana.Aug. 12, 10:35 a.m., deputies arrested Derrick A. Barker, 32, 800 block of Boulder Way, Kokomo, on a failure to appear warrant.
- MC Weekly
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: What is a Hoosier? Here are some answers This is my last column on a regular basis for the MC Weekly — by my own choosing.I want to thank Jeff Kovaleski, managing editor of the Kokomo Tribune, for inviting me to write for the MC Weekly when it began publication in July 2013. It has been an
- Our current MC Weekly issue
- MARTINO: Glacial lakes offer naturally good fishing Indiana always has been special to me. Although we lack vast expanses of public lands, towering snow-capped mountains or endless oceans, it is home. But our Hoosier State does possess its own uniqueness and beauty.
Military Fire Power
There are six people trapped inside a burning airplane. You and your partner have 10 minutes to rescue them.And you have to do it blind, groping and crawling in total darkness, burdened down with fire gear and an oxygen tank.Sound impossible? John Ir
- Peru surgeon Konrath jailed on charges of invasion of privacy PERU — A Peru orthopedic surgeon accused of plotting to murder his ex-wife is back in jail without bond after deputies say he violated a court order prohibiting him from contacting people involved in the case.Gregory Konrath, 48, was arrested in July
- Peru police arrest 5 during warrant service PERU — An attempt by police to serve felony warrants Aug. 12 led to the arrest of five Peru residents on multiple charges, including dealing meth and illegal possession of a handgun.Officers went to the 500 block of West 10th Street at around 1:40 p.
- Miami County Weekly sports briefs The Kokomo Region PGA Junior All-Stars are moving on to the state semifinals after a convincing victory over Muncie on Saturday at Rock Hollow G.C. Kokomo recorded 101/2 flags while Muncie managed just 11/2.
- Peru police going hi-tech Anyone thinking about committing a crime in Peru now has another reason to think twice.The Peru Police Department might just have its eyes on you. Literally.Assistant Police Chief Rick Keller said officers will begin installing cameras in high-crime
- MARTINO: Is expensive equipment really that much better? It was time, or so I thought. It had been several years since I broke down and bought a new spinning reel. Well, OK, several months. But that’s not important. Fishermen can never have too much tackle.
- Small museum in Mitchell now honors Gus It isn’t much, just a small space in a red brick structure built in 1880. But it’s special to Susan Webster. And what’s special to Susan Webster is special to her husband, Charles.Any day now, Susan and Charles will open the museum portion of Mitchel
- More MC Weekly Headlines