Aug. 27, 1:33 a.m., police arrested Jesse J. Maze, 33, 900 block of West Main Street, Peru, on charges of manufacturing meth, possession of meth, possession of precursors, possession of a syringe and maintaining a common nuisance.Aug. 27, 1:42 a.m., police arrested Nicole M. Gunter, 36, 10 block of Jean Avenue, Peru, on a charge of visiting a common nuisance.Aug. 28, 4:15 p.m., deputies arrested Matthew W. Caine, 35, 200 block of South Elm Street, Bunker Hill, on a warrant for non-support of a dependent.Aug. 29, 11:30 a.m., deputies arrested Teresa D. Atchison, 41, Goshen, on a failure-to-appear warrant.Aug. 29, 11:50 a.m., deputies arrested Walter E. Orpurt, 44, 1600 block of North Ind. 19, Peru, on a court order. Agu. 30, 9:50 a.m., deputies arrested Terry L. Smith, 29, 30 block of West Riverside Drive, Peru, on a violation-of-parole warrant.Aug. 31, 2:30 p.m., police arrested Ashleigh L. Savage, 28, 500 block of West 6th Street, Peru, on a warrant for theft and receiving stolen property.Aug. 31, 8:37 p.m., state police arrested Curtis R. Ashton, 28, Jeffersonville, on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.Aug. 31, 9:33 p.m., state police arrested Damon A. Howard, 28, Borden, on a charge of possession of marijuana.Aug. 31, 11 p.m., police arrested Robert W. Pike, 35, 200 block of West 3rd Street, Peru, on a charge of public intoxication.Sept. 1, 12:52 a.m., deputies arrested Ben Hensley, 27, 2900 block of Travis Street, Peru, on a charge of operating while intoxicated and possession of marijuana.Sept. 1, 1:58 a.m., state police arrested Dennis Neff, 44, 3000 block of Edgewater Drive, Kokomo, on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.Sept. 1, 2 a.m., state police arrested Justin Smith, 29, and Anthony Smith, 52, both of the 400 block of Edgewater Drive, Kokomo, on a charge of disorderly conduct.Sept. 2, 7:30 p.m., police arrested Paul M. Cattorn, 53, 2800 block of South Hilltop Drive, Peru, on charges of disorderly conduct, resisting law enforcement, public intoxication and trespassing.Sept. 2, 9:25 p.m., state police arrested Ruth M. Baker, 47, Royal Center, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.Sept. 3, 7 p.m., deputies arrested Brad Chittum, 54, 3500 block of North Eel River Cemetery Road, Peru, on charges of possession of marijuana and operating while intoxicated refusal.Sept. 3, 7:50 p.m., deputies arrested Leslie Horton, 32, 2300 block of South Business U.S. 31, Peru, on charges of possession of marijuana and operating while intoxicated refusal.Sept. 3, 9 p.m., police arrested Chad W. Wolfe, 46, Mexico, Ind., on a warrant for intimidation and harassment.Sept. 4, 12:05 a.m., police arrested Derek L. Martin, 19, 2300 block of East Ind. 18, Kokomo, on a charge of minor in consumption and possession of marijuana.Sept. 4, 7:50 a.m., deputies arrested Megan J. Lundquist, 26, Wabash, on charges of operating while intoxicated and public intoxication.Sept. 4, 1:40 p.m., deputies arrested Joseph L. Thompson, 21, 1100 block of East Taylor Street, Kokomo, on a violation-of-parole warrant.Sept. 4, 2 p.m., deputies arrested Adam E. Robinson, 25, 100 block of West Miami Street, Logansport, on a failure-to-appear warrant.Sept. 4, 5:30 p.m., police arrested Kenneth Galbraith, 23, 100 block of North Clay Street, Peru, on charges of possession of meth, possession of a syringe, maintaining a common nuisance and domestic battery.Sept. 4, 8 p.m., police arrested Robert Hudson Jr., 60, 200 block of Van Buren Avenue, Peru, on a charge of domestic battery.Sept. 4, 11:08 p.m., police arrested Jessica Lewis, 32, 900 block of West Main Street, Peru, on charges of dealing meth, possession of meth and reckless possession of paraphernalia.Sept. 5, 12:05 a.m., deputies arrested Heather Beene, 35, South Whitley, on a warrant for criminal mischief.Sept. 5, 4 p.m., deputies arrested Timothy J. Beach, 59, Marion, on a failure-to-appear warrant. Sept. 5, 7:35 p.m., deputies arrested Byron Parsons, 47, Wabash, on a failure-to-appear warrant.Sept. 5, 11:22 p.m., police arrested Patricia Taylor, 54, Logansport, on charges of operating while intoxicated, public intoxication and resisting law enforcement.Sept. 5, 11:58 p.m., deputies arrested Jerry D. Groleau, 35, 1200 block of East Ind. 18, Kokomo, on a charge of battery.Sept. 6, 1:15 p.m., deputies arrested Charles E. Taylor, 59, 300 block of Jackson Avenue, Peru, on a failure-to-appear warrant.Sept. 6, 1:20 p.m., deputies arrested Billy Williams, 44, South Bend, on a failure-to-appear warrant.Sept. 6, 1:45 p.m., deputies arrested Allen R. Balmer, 22, Plymouth, on a violation-of-parole warrant.Sept. 6, 5:30 p.m., police arrested Roy Monroe Jr., 64, 20 block of Wycombe Drive, Peru, on charges of operating while intoxicated refusal and public intoxication.Sept. 7, 1:05 a.m., state police arrested Jeffery Emery, 38, 7000 block of South Strawtown Pike, Peru, on charges of habitual traffic violator life and possession of marijuana.Sept. 7, 3:55 a.m., state police arrested Seth R. Kasten, 29, Kewanna, on a charge of operating while intoxicated with priors.Sept. 7, 9:59 p.m., police arrested Joshua D. Emerson, 27, 300 block of East 6th Street, Peru, on a probation-violation warrant.
- MC Weekly
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Saine booklet highlights 50 years of IHSAA tennis If you’re talkin’ tennis in Peru, you’re talkin’ Saine. Joe Saine built the Peru High School program into a powerhouse that won mythical state championships in 1963, ‘64 and ‘65 and finished second in ‘66 and third in ‘67. The Tigers won the official
- Our current MC Weekly issue
- Circus takes center ring PERU – Even after 13 years with the Peru Amateur Circus, Connor Quin said the feeling of performing in front of hundreds every night never gets old. Quin, who has performed every act imaginable during his time with the circus, said the audience and t
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Dillon, Hiers play vital role in court system As court reporters, Lisa Dillon and Barbara Hiers sit unobtrusively recording courtroom proceedings. The general public probably takes them for granted. But the legal community knows they are vital cogs in the criminal justice system. Dillon, 57, an
- July 9, 2014: Police reports July 8, 8 p.m., deputies arrested Jeremiah J. Rasor, 38, 10 block of Ewing Street, Peru, on a charge of battery. July 8, 9:45 p.m., state police arrested Jermaine L. Echols, 28, Elkhart, on a charge of driving while suspended. July 8, 11:45 p.m., pol
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Mall-walking ratchets up columnist's curiosity The little old lady who wore her hair in a bun has been missing for months now. The solidly built, 6-footish fellow with the flowing, white-gray beard and long hair who looks like a mountain man hasn’t been around much lately. The kiosk that sold sun
4-H members, queen's court have fun Friday after busy fair week
PERU — Nineteen-year-old Stacia Braden rubbed baby oil all over her arms Friday afternoon as she prepared herself for the greased watermelon relay at the Miami County Fair.The contest is serious business.“It gets intense,” she said before it started.
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Sinatra's fabulous output simply amazing There aren’t many people who are instantly recognized by one name — Madonna, Pele, Oprah, Elvis, Liberace, Bono, Houdini. Of all of them, one stands out in my mind: Sinatra.Francis Albert Sinatra, who died May 14, 1998, at the age of 82, was the cons
- July 1, 2014: Police reports June 23, 12:15 p.m., deputies arrested Braxton A. Garner, 29, 500 block of Madison Street, Peru, on a warrant for possession of marijuana and maintaining a common nuisance.June 23, 2:31 p.m., deputies arrested Michael Hoover, 36, Logansport, on a vio
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Peru deserves plaudits, not unfair diatribes Every now and then, I come across someone taking a cheap shot — to put it, mildly — at Peru. And it irritates me, to put it mildly.But it’s nothing new with me. As a newspaper editor in Frankfort, Wabash and Michigan City, I experienced the same kind
- More MC Weekly Headlines