Miami County ArrestsOct. 7, noon, deputies arrested Teresa K. Sexton, 49, 400 block of North Webster Street, Kokomo, on a warrant for criminal mischief.Oct. 7, 6 p.m., state police arrested Joe W. Breathitt, 39, South Bend, on a charge of possession of marijuana.Oct. 7, 6:30 p.m., police arrested Stacy Patton, 42, 300 block of West 5th Street, Peru, on charges of burglary, theft, possession of controlled substance and possession of legend drugs.Oct. 8, 11 p.m., police arrested Kody L. Hileman, 20, 100 block of Ewing Street, Peru, and Dillan J. Burns, 18, 300 block of Van Buren Avenue, Peru, on charges of possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and visiting a common nuisance.Oct. 8, 11:40 p.m., police arrested Austin L. Morris, 19, 200 block of Adams Avenue, Peru, on charges of maintaining a common nuisance, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.Oct. 9, 4:03 p.m., police arrested Dennis F. Baker, 49, Elkhart, on a charge of public intoxication.Oct. 9, 8:40 p.m., police arrested Lisa Hudson, 49, 2200 block of South Terrace Place, Peru, on charges of public intoxication, possession of a controlled substance and possession of legend drugs.Oct. 9, 11:45 p.m., state police arrested Juan Ruiz, 62, Culver, on a charge of operating while intoxicated and operating while intoxicated endangering.Oct. 10, 1 a.m., state police arrested Stephen P. Buffington, 62, 300 block of West 7th Street, Peru, on charges of possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and operating while intoxicated endangering.Oct. 10, 9:10 a.m., deputies arrested Zachary M. Savage, 31, 2900 block of South 300 West, Peru, on charges of domestic battery and strangulation. Oct. 11, 10:55 a.m., deputies arrested Michael L. Maze, 27, 100 block of East Warren Street, Peru, on a violation of parole warrant.Oct. 11, 12:50 p.m., deputies arrested Jacob W. Townsend, 23, 600 block of East Jackson Avenue, Peru, on a violation of parole warrant.Oct. 11, 2:45 p.m., state police arrested Lloyd K. Goodnight, 54, 1600 block of Ind. 19, Peru, on a probation violation warrant.Oct. 11, 8:30 p.m., police arrested Mindy Childers, 44, 2000 block of East 250 North, Peru, on a charge of operating while intoxicated refusal.Oct. 11, 10:35 p.m., police arrested Jerry J. Burns, 41, 300 block of Van Buren Avenue, Peru, on a charge of possession of marijuana.Oct. 12, 1:50 a.m., state police arrested Amanda L. Brumblough, 29, 2700 block of Emberwood Place, Kokomo, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.Oct. 12, 1:30 p.m., deputies arrested Mindy Childers, 44, 2000 block of East 250 North, Peru, on a charge of operating while intoxicated and bond revocation.Oct. 12, 5:10 p.m., state police arrested Jalen Williams, 22, South Bend, and Jacob Hubbard, 21, Mishawaka, on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.Oct. 12, 10:25 p.m., state police arrested Michael Maciejewski, 27, 2700 block of Capehart Avenue, Peru, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.Oct. 13, 1:50 p.m., deputies arrested Grant T. Tacker, 19, 5900 block of West 200 South, Wabash, on a charge of invasion of privacy.
- MC Weekly
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: What is a Hoosier? Here are some answers This is my last column on a regular basis for the MC Weekly — by my own choosing.I want to thank Jeff Kovaleski, managing editor of the Kokomo Tribune, for inviting me to write for the MC Weekly when it began publication in July 2013. It has been an
- Our current MC Weekly issue
- MARTINO: Glacial lakes offer naturally good fishing Indiana always has been special to me. Although we lack vast expanses of public lands, towering snow-capped mountains or endless oceans, it is home. But our Hoosier State does possess its own uniqueness and beauty.
Military Fire Power
There are six people trapped inside a burning airplane. You and your partner have 10 minutes to rescue them.And you have to do it blind, groping and crawling in total darkness, burdened down with fire gear and an oxygen tank.Sound impossible? John Ir
- Peru surgeon Konrath jailed on charges of invasion of privacy PERU — A Peru orthopedic surgeon accused of plotting to murder his ex-wife is back in jail without bond after deputies say he violated a court order prohibiting him from contacting people involved in the case.Gregory Konrath, 48, was arrested in July
- Peru police arrest 5 during warrant service PERU — An attempt by police to serve felony warrants Aug. 12 led to the arrest of five Peru residents on multiple charges, including dealing meth and illegal possession of a handgun.Officers went to the 500 block of West 10th Street at around 1:40 p.
- Miami County Weekly sports briefs The Kokomo Region PGA Junior All-Stars are moving on to the state semifinals after a convincing victory over Muncie on Saturday at Rock Hollow G.C. Kokomo recorded 101/2 flags while Muncie managed just 11/2.
- Peru police going hi-tech Anyone thinking about committing a crime in Peru now has another reason to think twice.The Peru Police Department might just have its eyes on you. Literally.Assistant Police Chief Rick Keller said officers will begin installing cameras in high-crime
- MARTINO: Is expensive equipment really that much better? It was time, or so I thought. It had been several years since I broke down and bought a new spinning reel. Well, OK, several months. But that’s not important. Fishermen can never have too much tackle.
- Small museum in Mitchell now honors Gus It isn’t much, just a small space in a red brick structure built in 1880. But it’s special to Susan Webster. And what’s special to Susan Webster is special to her husband, Charles.Any day now, Susan and Charles will open the museum portion of Mitchel
- More MC Weekly Headlines