Miami County ArrestsOct. 7, noon, deputies arrested Teresa K. Sexton, 49, 400 block of North Webster Street, Kokomo, on a warrant for criminal mischief.Oct. 7, 6 p.m., state police arrested Joe W. Breathitt, 39, South Bend, on a charge of possession of marijuana.Oct. 7, 6:30 p.m., police arrested Stacy Patton, 42, 300 block of West 5th Street, Peru, on charges of burglary, theft, possession of controlled substance and possession of legend drugs.Oct. 8, 11 p.m., police arrested Kody L. Hileman, 20, 100 block of Ewing Street, Peru, and Dillan J. Burns, 18, 300 block of Van Buren Avenue, Peru, on charges of possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and visiting a common nuisance.Oct. 8, 11:40 p.m., police arrested Austin L. Morris, 19, 200 block of Adams Avenue, Peru, on charges of maintaining a common nuisance, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.Oct. 9, 4:03 p.m., police arrested Dennis F. Baker, 49, Elkhart, on a charge of public intoxication.Oct. 9, 8:40 p.m., police arrested Lisa Hudson, 49, 2200 block of South Terrace Place, Peru, on charges of public intoxication, possession of a controlled substance and possession of legend drugs.Oct. 9, 11:45 p.m., state police arrested Juan Ruiz, 62, Culver, on a charge of operating while intoxicated and operating while intoxicated endangering.Oct. 10, 1 a.m., state police arrested Stephen P. Buffington, 62, 300 block of West 7th Street, Peru, on charges of possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and operating while intoxicated endangering.Oct. 10, 9:10 a.m., deputies arrested Zachary M. Savage, 31, 2900 block of South 300 West, Peru, on charges of domestic battery and strangulation. Oct. 11, 10:55 a.m., deputies arrested Michael L. Maze, 27, 100 block of East Warren Street, Peru, on a violation of parole warrant.Oct. 11, 12:50 p.m., deputies arrested Jacob W. Townsend, 23, 600 block of East Jackson Avenue, Peru, on a violation of parole warrant.Oct. 11, 2:45 p.m., state police arrested Lloyd K. Goodnight, 54, 1600 block of Ind. 19, Peru, on a probation violation warrant.Oct. 11, 8:30 p.m., police arrested Mindy Childers, 44, 2000 block of East 250 North, Peru, on a charge of operating while intoxicated refusal.Oct. 11, 10:35 p.m., police arrested Jerry J. Burns, 41, 300 block of Van Buren Avenue, Peru, on a charge of possession of marijuana.Oct. 12, 1:50 a.m., state police arrested Amanda L. Brumblough, 29, 2700 block of Emberwood Place, Kokomo, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.Oct. 12, 1:30 p.m., deputies arrested Mindy Childers, 44, 2000 block of East 250 North, Peru, on a charge of operating while intoxicated and bond revocation.Oct. 12, 5:10 p.m., state police arrested Jalen Williams, 22, South Bend, and Jacob Hubbard, 21, Mishawaka, on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.Oct. 12, 10:25 p.m., state police arrested Michael Maciejewski, 27, 2700 block of Capehart Avenue, Peru, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.Oct. 13, 1:50 p.m., deputies arrested Grant T. Tacker, 19, 5900 block of West 200 South, Wabash, on a charge of invasion of privacy.
- MC Weekly
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Saine booklet highlights 50 years of IHSAA tennis If you’re talkin’ tennis in Peru, you’re talkin’ Saine. Joe Saine built the Peru High School program into a powerhouse that won mythical state championships in 1963, ‘64 and ‘65 and finished second in ‘66 and third in ‘67. The Tigers won the official
- Our current MC Weekly issue
- Circus takes center ring PERU – Even after 13 years with the Peru Amateur Circus, Connor Quin said the feeling of performing in front of hundreds every night never gets old. Quin, who has performed every act imaginable during his time with the circus, said the audience and t
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Dillon, Hiers play vital role in court system As court reporters, Lisa Dillon and Barbara Hiers sit unobtrusively recording courtroom proceedings. The general public probably takes them for granted. But the legal community knows they are vital cogs in the criminal justice system. Dillon, 57, an
- July 9, 2014: Police reports July 8, 8 p.m., deputies arrested Jeremiah J. Rasor, 38, 10 block of Ewing Street, Peru, on a charge of battery. July 8, 9:45 p.m., state police arrested Jermaine L. Echols, 28, Elkhart, on a charge of driving while suspended. July 8, 11:45 p.m., pol
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Mall-walking ratchets up columnist's curiosity The little old lady who wore her hair in a bun has been missing for months now. The solidly built, 6-footish fellow with the flowing, white-gray beard and long hair who looks like a mountain man hasn’t been around much lately. The kiosk that sold sun
4-H members, queen's court have fun Friday after busy fair week
PERU — Nineteen-year-old Stacia Braden rubbed baby oil all over her arms Friday afternoon as she prepared herself for the greased watermelon relay at the Miami County Fair.The contest is serious business.“It gets intense,” she said before it started.
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Sinatra's fabulous output simply amazing There aren’t many people who are instantly recognized by one name — Madonna, Pele, Oprah, Elvis, Liberace, Bono, Houdini. Of all of them, one stands out in my mind: Sinatra.Francis Albert Sinatra, who died May 14, 1998, at the age of 82, was the cons
- July 1, 2014: Police reports June 23, 12:15 p.m., deputies arrested Braxton A. Garner, 29, 500 block of Madison Street, Peru, on a warrant for possession of marijuana and maintaining a common nuisance.June 23, 2:31 p.m., deputies arrested Michael Hoover, 36, Logansport, on a vio
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Peru deserves plaudits, not unfair diatribes Every now and then, I come across someone taking a cheap shot — to put it, mildly — at Peru. And it irritates me, to put it mildly.But it’s nothing new with me. As a newspaper editor in Frankfort, Wabash and Michigan City, I experienced the same kind
- More MC Weekly Headlines