ArrestsOct. 28, 2:30 p.m., police arrested Mike T. Jones, 48, and Jeffery C. Jones, 49, both of the 100 block of East 2nd Street, Peru, on charges of possession of a syringe and maintain a common nuisance.Oct. 29, 5:55 p.m., police arrested Wallace G. Taylor, 22, 300 block of East Washington Street, Bunker Hill, on a warrant for contempt of court.Oct. 29, 8:30 p.m., state police arrested Dondiego M. Pitchford, 30, Indianapolis, on charges of possession of stolen property, possession of a firearm without a permit and obstruction of justice.Oct. 30, 2:30 p.m., deputies arrested Travis Tracy, 28, Marion, on a body attachment warrant.Oct. 30, 3:50 p.m., police arrested Roslyn Stoppel, 49, 1600 block South 300 East, Peru, on a violation of parole warrant.Oct. 30, 9:10 p.m., deputies arrested Adam K. Jones, 1800 block of North Leeds Street, Kokomo, on a warrant for possession of a synthetic drug.Oct. 31, 9:45 a.m., deputies arrested Stephanie M. Birdsall, 25, 300 block of South Center Street, Bunker Hill, on a charge of domestic battery in the presence of a minor.Oct. 31, 11 a.m., deputies arrested Destiny C. Wingard, 21, 2900 block of South 300 West, Peru, on a probation violation warrant.Oct. 31, noon, police arrested Hannah J. Hegal, 18, 200 block of East 2nd Street, Peru, on a warrant for possession of a controlled substance and theft.Oct. 31, 3:25 p.m., deputies arrested Michael E. Ritter, 48, Poland, Ind., on a failure to appear warrant.Nov. 1, 1 a.m., deputies arrested Casey Willis, 26, 1700 block of East Paw Paw Pike, Peru, on charges of operating while intoxicated refusal, public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resisting law enforcement and trespassing.Nov. 1, 11:10 p.m., state police arrested Jonathan Fromdahl, 32, 10 block of East 2nd Street, Peru, on charges of possession of marijuana, operating while intoxicated, possession of paraphernalia and possession of meth.Nov. 2, 4:18 p.m., police arrested Harold Schaack, 54, 300 block of Mill Street, Amboy, on a charge of public intoxication.Nov. 3, 1:30 a.m., state police arrested Dennis L. Conway, 33, 1100 block of West Canal Street, Peru, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.Nov. 3, 10:20 a.m., deputies arrested David Carroll Jr., 27, Indianapolis, on a failure to appear warrant.Nov. 3, 9:10 p.m., deputies arrested Dustin A. Curry, 30, 300 block of East Washington Street, Bunker Hill, on charges of public intoxication and disorderly conduct.Nov. 4, 10:15 a.m., deputies arrested Kierea Edwards, 27, 1400 block of West 400 South, Peru, on a charge of fraud.
- MC Weekly
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Saine booklet highlights 50 years of IHSAA tennis If you’re talkin’ tennis in Peru, you’re talkin’ Saine. Joe Saine built the Peru High School program into a powerhouse that won mythical state championships in 1963, ‘64 and ‘65 and finished second in ‘66 and third in ‘67. The Tigers won the official
- Our current MC Weekly issue
- Circus takes center ring PERU – Even after 13 years with the Peru Amateur Circus, Connor Quin said the feeling of performing in front of hundreds every night never gets old. Quin, who has performed every act imaginable during his time with the circus, said the audience and t
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Dillon, Hiers play vital role in court system As court reporters, Lisa Dillon and Barbara Hiers sit unobtrusively recording courtroom proceedings. The general public probably takes them for granted. But the legal community knows they are vital cogs in the criminal justice system. Dillon, 57, an
- July 9, 2014: Police reports July 8, 8 p.m., deputies arrested Jeremiah J. Rasor, 38, 10 block of Ewing Street, Peru, on a charge of battery. July 8, 9:45 p.m., state police arrested Jermaine L. Echols, 28, Elkhart, on a charge of driving while suspended. July 8, 11:45 p.m., pol
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Mall-walking ratchets up columnist's curiosity The little old lady who wore her hair in a bun has been missing for months now. The solidly built, 6-footish fellow with the flowing, white-gray beard and long hair who looks like a mountain man hasn’t been around much lately. The kiosk that sold sun
4-H members, queen's court have fun Friday after busy fair week
PERU — Nineteen-year-old Stacia Braden rubbed baby oil all over her arms Friday afternoon as she prepared herself for the greased watermelon relay at the Miami County Fair.The contest is serious business.“It gets intense,” she said before it started.
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Sinatra's fabulous output simply amazing There aren’t many people who are instantly recognized by one name — Madonna, Pele, Oprah, Elvis, Liberace, Bono, Houdini. Of all of them, one stands out in my mind: Sinatra.Francis Albert Sinatra, who died May 14, 1998, at the age of 82, was the cons
- July 1, 2014: Police reports June 23, 12:15 p.m., deputies arrested Braxton A. Garner, 29, 500 block of Madison Street, Peru, on a warrant for possession of marijuana and maintaining a common nuisance.June 23, 2:31 p.m., deputies arrested Michael Hoover, 36, Logansport, on a vio
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: Peru deserves plaudits, not unfair diatribes Every now and then, I come across someone taking a cheap shot — to put it, mildly — at Peru. And it irritates me, to put it mildly.But it’s nothing new with me. As a newspaper editor in Frankfort, Wabash and Michigan City, I experienced the same kind
- More MC Weekly Headlines