- MC Weekly
- Braves beat Trojans, snap 6-game skid Tri-Central’s boys basketball team, coming off an impressive win over outmanned Clinton Central on Friday night, ran into an entirely different breed Saturday night, a hot-shooting Maconaquah club that exploded in the second half en route to a convin
- Feb. 12, 2014: Police reports Feb. 3, 11:40 a.m., deputies arrested Ali Hussain Al Muhmal, 25, South Bend, on a failure to appear warrant. Feb. 3, 4:10 p.m., police arrested Todd A. Hyde, 46, 300 block of Jefferson Avenue, Peru, on a warrant for violation of home detention. Feb.
- Few contested races in primary elections Primary elections May 6 in Miami County are set to be fairly quite this year, with just three contested races on the ballot. Democrats can cast their ballot for four candidates running for the 2nd Congressional District and vying to oust Republican i
- Peru grapplers capture regional title PERU — The Peru Bengal Tigers kept their attention focused on the mat, but also made time to glance at the team point totals Saturday at the Peru Wrestling Regional. The Tigers had a tense battle brewing with Oak Hill. Each team had already assured i
Local HS seniors collect prom dresses to give away
Elena Cadenaz has well over 100 dresses of every shape, size, color and fabric packed into her basement in Peru. But the 18-year-old Peru High School senior isn’t a clothing hoarder or fashion aficionado. She’s just a girl who wants to make sure her
- RAY MOSCOWITZ: College internship hooked Rice on probation career “Totally by accident!” That’s how Susan Rice, 48, starts to respond when asked how she got into probation work. The “accident” occurred during her senior year at DePauw University, when she did a one-month internship with the Howard County Probation
- Fugitive arrested after hospital escape A 23-year-old Bunker Hill man is in custody after fleeing police in his car with his infant daughter, escaping from a hospital and fleeing again in a stolen vehicle into Cass County. Deputies attempted to pull over Jacob L. Richie Sunday afternoon af
- Feb. 5, 2014: Police reports Jan. 27, 7:12 p.m., state police arrested Antwjuan L. Pittman, 32, Indianapolis, on a charge of receiving stolen property. Jan. 28, 8:30 a.m., deputies arrested Jeremy D. Barnes, 31, Wabash, on a Wabash county warrant. Jan. 28, 4:10 p.m., police arre
- Peru grapplers claim MIC, sectional titles Peru’s wrestling team entered with 2014 Mid-Indiana Conference meet with two four-time individual conference champions in program history.
- Grissom goes green GRISSOM AIR RESERVE BASE -- The U.S. Department of Defense has an annual energy budget of approximately $20 billion, which accounts for nearly 80 percent of the federal government's total energy consumption, according to a recent study by The Pew Cha
- More MC Weekly Headlines