RULES AND GUIDELINES
YOUR LOCAL HERO ESSAY CONTEST
• Open to grades 1st through 6th at participating elementary schools.
• Entry form will be published in the Kokomo Tribune on Wednesday, April 10, 2013. All students and faculty members will receive a paper.
• Students should write a 100 word essay on someone they would consider a “LOCAL HERO.” This can be a community member, a family member, a friend, etc.
• Entries must be be delivered to the Kokomo Tribune by Tues., April 30. We will then pick the top ten essays and publish them in the Kokomo Tribune on Thu., May 9 along with a voting ballot form.
• The ballots must be returned to the Kokomo Tribune by Fri., May 17 and the votes will be tallied.
• The three winning stories will then be published in the Wed., May 22 edition of the Kokomo Tribune. We will once again provide every student and faculty member with a copy of that days issue of the Kokomo Tribune.
• Prizes will be awarded for the top three essays and the local heros.
Official entry form is available in the Wednesday, April 10, 2013 edition of the Kokomo Tribune.