April 13, 1927 - April, 18, 2013
Mildred Edna Miller, 86, went home to be with her loving husband and the Lord on April 18, 2013 at 6:15 a.m.
She was born April 13, 1927 in Miami County to Clarence and Frances (Cooper) Hullinger. She graduated from Clay Township in Miami County in 1945. On May 23, 1945 she married Eldon L. Miller. They were married for 66 very happy years. They lovingly raised 4 children. Millie was a member of and attended Galveston Methodist Church, as well as belonging to the UMC Women’s Assoc. She was also a member of the Red Hat Club in Buttonwood Bay, FL as well as a member of the Cass County 4-H Booster Home-Ec Club.
She loved life, spending time with her family and enjoyed spending winters at Buttonwood Bay in Sebring, FL for the past 27 years. She was a great cook and farm wife. She also loved spending time with her 25 great grandchildren. She was always dressed to the nines and on the go enjoying her full social life.
Together she, and her late husband, raised tomatoes for 64 years for Orestes, Libby’s and Red Gold canning companies. In addition, they raised sheep, hogs, corn, soybeans and wheat.
She is survived by her children: Karen (Joe) Zody, Peggy Petrone, Phillip (Patricia) Miller, and Teresa (Bill) Webster, 14 grandchildren: Brian (Becky) Fye, Chad (Wendy) Fye, Justin (Laurie) Petrone, Blake (Desiree) Fye, Maghan (Kevin) Keller, Brandon Hudson, Drew (fiancée Ashlie) Miller, Jared (Katie) Petrone, Garrett Hudson, Gavin Hudson, Taylor (fiancée Kaylee) Miller, Jordan Petrone ( Tiffany Wingate ), Joel Petrone and Nolan Hudson, three special step grandchildren: Doug (Emily) Winters, Ashley (Todd) Hissong and Brooke (Ron) Bryant; her four siblings Georgiana Myers, Doris Moss, Don Hullinger and Dale Hullinger and very special nieces & nephews including: Dan (Barb) Kitchel & Bob (Mary) Kitchel.
Preceding her in death was her loving husband, Eldon L. Miller, her parents, and her brother Jim Hullinger.
She also had a very special employee and friend Poncho and his wife Sylvia Villaneuva and their children Frankie, Crystal and Ruby.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Galveston United Methodist Church, 515 S. Maple St., Galveston, with Rev. Roy E. Ice officiating. Burial will follow at Galveston Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Galveston United Methodist Church.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.murrayweaverfuneralhome.com
April 13, 1927 - April, 18, 2013
- Ronald Lee Galloway Ronald Lee Galloway, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 8:16 a.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his residence. Born June 1, 1934, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Frank Gordon and Cora (Rush) Gordon. He was a 1952 graduate of Northwestern High School. O
- Maudie Ellen Sanders Maudie Ellen Sanders, 69, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Oct. 5, 1944, in Sullivan County, Kingsport, Tenn., to Bascom Harold and Garnett (Stiltner) Sisk. On Oct. 14, 1964, in Gate City, Va., she married Richar
- Vicky Irene Woodbury Vicky Irene Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbur
- William 'Bill' Moore William "Bill" Moore, 66, Kokomo, died at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. There will be a memorial service scheduled at a later date. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel is assisting the family with arrangements
- Vickie S. Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie was a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, crocheting
- Georgia F. Foard A memorial service for Sister Georgia F. Foard will be at 11 a.m. Friday in New Hope Full Gospel Church, 501 N. McCann St. The wife of Pastor Robert Foard of Zion Missionary Baptist Church, she passed away Tuesday, April 8, 2014. Georgia F. Foard
- Ronald J. 'Nick' Nickels Ronald J. "Nick" Nickels, 70, Kokomo, died at 9:30 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born Aug. 20, 1943, in Logansport, the son of Ivan and Louise (Conn) Nickels. On Feb. 4, 1967, he married Judy Tyler, who preceded him in death Oct. 3
- Elizabeth Louise (Jones) Stewart Elizabeth L. Stewart, 93, was called home to rest by the Lord at 2:25 p.m. Sunday, April 13, 2014. She was born in Marion to the late William Burke Jones and the late Helen Jones Casey on Nov. 8, 1920. In 1938, Elizabeth graduated from Marion High Sc
- Funerals Fields, Perry, services are 11 a.m. today at Family Worship Center, 6395 S. Clarkson St., Littleton, Colo. Tosch, Deborah L., services are 11 a.m. today at Indian Village Church of God, 602 Erie Pass, Auburn. Richardson, Nellie Marie, services are 2
- Sean Michael Mahoney Sean Michael Mahoney, 51, Springfield, passed away at 12:30 a.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at his residence. Born Jan. 20, 1963, in Springfield, Mass., he was the son of Thomas F. Mahoney and Audrey (Murphy) Mahoney. He was a veteran of the United St
- More Obituaries Headlines