April 13, 1927 - April, 18, 2013
Mildred Edna Miller, 86, went home to be with her loving husband and the Lord on April 18, 2013 at 6:15 a.m.
She was born April 13, 1927 in Miami County to Clarence and Frances (Cooper) Hullinger. She graduated from Clay Township in Miami County in 1945. On May 23, 1945 she married Eldon L. Miller. They were married for 66 very happy years. They lovingly raised 4 children. Millie was a member of and attended Galveston Methodist Church, as well as belonging to the UMC Women’s Assoc. She was also a member of the Red Hat Club in Buttonwood Bay, FL as well as a member of the Cass County 4-H Booster Home-Ec Club.
She loved life, spending time with her family and enjoyed spending winters at Buttonwood Bay in Sebring, FL for the past 27 years. She was a great cook and farm wife. She also loved spending time with her 25 great grandchildren. She was always dressed to the nines and on the go enjoying her full social life.
Together she, and her late husband, raised tomatoes for 64 years for Orestes, Libby’s and Red Gold canning companies. In addition, they raised sheep, hogs, corn, soybeans and wheat.
She is survived by her children: Karen (Joe) Zody, Peggy Petrone, Phillip (Patricia) Miller, and Teresa (Bill) Webster, 14 grandchildren: Brian (Becky) Fye, Chad (Wendy) Fye, Justin (Laurie) Petrone, Blake (Desiree) Fye, Maghan (Kevin) Keller, Brandon Hudson, Drew (fiancée Ashlie) Miller, Jared (Katie) Petrone, Garrett Hudson, Gavin Hudson, Taylor (fiancée Kaylee) Miller, Jordan Petrone ( Tiffany Wingate ), Joel Petrone and Nolan Hudson, three special step grandchildren: Doug (Emily) Winters, Ashley (Todd) Hissong and Brooke (Ron) Bryant; her four siblings Georgiana Myers, Doris Moss, Don Hullinger and Dale Hullinger and very special nieces & nephews including: Dan (Barb) Kitchel & Bob (Mary) Kitchel.
Preceding her in death was her loving husband, Eldon L. Miller, her parents, and her brother Jim Hullinger.
She also had a very special employee and friend Poncho and his wife Sylvia Villaneuva and their children Frankie, Crystal and Ruby.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Galveston United Methodist Church, 515 S. Maple St., Galveston, with Rev. Roy E. Ice officiating. Burial will follow at Galveston Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Galveston United Methodist Church.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.murrayweaverfuneralhome.com
April 13, 1927 - April, 18, 2013
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo and formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, July 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo, following an extended illness. Charles was born on July 19, 1931, in Elwood, to Harold and Ninez (Cook) Wilburn. On
- Funeral listings, July 30, 2014 Metcalf, John William, services are 10 a.m. today at Peace Lutheran Church, 750 E. Markland Ave.Shultz, Helen M., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Hodson, Harold Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary We
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born in Kokomo on Aug. 26, 1941, to the late Augustus and Matilda Worthy (Toney).Deena was a 1960 Kokomo High School graduate. She was als
- Marjorie A. Rayl Marjorie A. Rayl, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 9:06 a.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at her residence. She was born Sept. 27, 1923, in Star City, Indiana, to Henry J. Shultz and Louise (Weltzen) Shultz. On Sept. 30, 1945, in Kokomo, she married Robert F. R
- Constance 'Connie' Jean Kelly Constance “Connie” Jean Kelly, 80, Peru, passed away at 9:20 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born April 12, 1934, in Miami County, to the late John Comerford and Rose Mary (Mylet) Comerford Jarvis.She was retired from Gene
- Max V. Bitner Max V. Bitner, 84, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence.Visitation is scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Porter’s. Pastor Ed Smit
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- Funeral listings, July 29, 2014 Holmes, Imogene R. (Lett), services are 10 a.m. today at West Street Christian Church, Tipton.Jackson, Linda, services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Esslinger, Hassie M., services are 1 p.m. today at Shirl
- Cathy J. Spivey Cathy J. Spivey, 66, Panama City, Florida, and formerly of Elwood, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, surrounded by her loving family, following a brief illness.A celebration of life service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 3
- Frances Juanita Bookwalter Frances Juanita Bookwalter, 93, Peru, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning, July 27, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo, with her loving children by her side.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at McClain Funeral Hom
- More Obituaries Headlines