April 13, 1927 - April, 18, 2013
Mildred Edna Miller, 86, went home to be with her loving husband and the Lord on April 18, 2013 at 6:15 a.m.
She was born April 13, 1927 in Miami County to Clarence and Frances (Cooper) Hullinger. She graduated from Clay Township in Miami County in 1945. On May 23, 1945 she married Eldon L. Miller. They were married for 66 very happy years. They lovingly raised 4 children. Millie was a member of and attended Galveston Methodist Church, as well as belonging to the UMC Women’s Assoc. She was also a member of the Red Hat Club in Buttonwood Bay, FL as well as a member of the Cass County 4-H Booster Home-Ec Club.
She loved life, spending time with her family and enjoyed spending winters at Buttonwood Bay in Sebring, FL for the past 27 years. She was a great cook and farm wife. She also loved spending time with her 25 great grandchildren. She was always dressed to the nines and on the go enjoying her full social life.
Together she, and her late husband, raised tomatoes for 64 years for Orestes, Libby’s and Red Gold canning companies. In addition, they raised sheep, hogs, corn, soybeans and wheat.
She is survived by her children: Karen (Joe) Zody, Peggy Petrone, Phillip (Patricia) Miller, and Teresa (Bill) Webster, 14 grandchildren: Brian (Becky) Fye, Chad (Wendy) Fye, Justin (Laurie) Petrone, Blake (Desiree) Fye, Maghan (Kevin) Keller, Brandon Hudson, Drew (fiancée Ashlie) Miller, Jared (Katie) Petrone, Garrett Hudson, Gavin Hudson, Taylor (fiancée Kaylee) Miller, Jordan Petrone ( Tiffany Wingate ), Joel Petrone and Nolan Hudson, three special step grandchildren: Doug (Emily) Winters, Ashley (Todd) Hissong and Brooke (Ron) Bryant; her four siblings Georgiana Myers, Doris Moss, Don Hullinger and Dale Hullinger and very special nieces & nephews including: Dan (Barb) Kitchel & Bob (Mary) Kitchel.
Preceding her in death was her loving husband, Eldon L. Miller, her parents, and her brother Jim Hullinger.
She also had a very special employee and friend Poncho and his wife Sylvia Villaneuva and their children Frankie, Crystal and Ruby.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Galveston United Methodist Church, 515 S. Maple St., Galveston, with Rev. Roy E. Ice officiating. Burial will follow at Galveston Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Galveston United Methodist Church.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.murrayweaverfuneralhome.com
April 13, 1927 - April, 18, 2013
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 26, 1930, to Henry R. and Ruby Lee Wynn Sr., in Phoenix City, Ala. She worked as a nurse's aide at St. Joseph Hospital, retiring in 199
- Funeral listings, March 12, 2014 Eckart, Florence Lee, services are 10 a.m. today at New Life Church, 1803 E. Vaile Ave., Kokomo. Blessing, Jerolyn "Jeri" Ruth, services are 11 a.m. today at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Pells, Lowell E., services are at 1 p.m. today at Marion
- Francis Marion Fulk Francis Marion Fulk, 85, Russiaville, passed away at 1:21 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, surrounded by his family at home. Born March 27, 1928, in Jasonville, to Robert and Edith (Brinson) Fulk, he was the fifth of six children. On Sept. 16, 1948, Franc
- William E. 'Bill' Hodson William E. "Bill" Hodson, 72, Michigantown, passed away at 5:30 a.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, at North Woods Village in Kokomo. He was born in Kokomo on June 30, 1941, to Harold George and Vera (Hudson) Hodson. He was formerly married to Mary Katherine
- Donald R. Dutton Donald R. Dutton, 78, Inverness, Fla., died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home, under the loving care of his family and Hospice of Citrus County. Donald was born Nov. 26, 1935, in Boons Camp, Ky., the son of Bill and Gypsie Dutton. He served in the U
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, went to be with the Lord Saturday, March 8, 2014. Gloria was born in Kokomo on April 14, 1935, to William and Reta (Horton) Brown. It was on Jan. 8, 1953, that Gloria married her longtime sweetheart, Jerry McQuiston. Last ye
- William R. 'Bill' Smith William R. "Bill" Smith, 71, Tipton, died Monday evening, Jan. 6, 2014, at his residence. A memorial service for Bill will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with the Rev. Rex Dunning presiding. Visitation will be from noon
- Evelyn J. 'Grandma Evie' Yohn Evelyn J. "Grandma Evie" Yohn, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9:55 p.m. Monday, March 10, 2014, at North Woods Village. She was born on Oct. 27, 1926, in Kokomo to the late Carl and Margaret (McKee) Earlywine. She married Orville Forest Yohn Jr. on Dec.
- Paul R. Willis Paul R. Willis, 79, Kokomo, passed away peacefully Feb. 27, 2014, at North Woods Village. He was born Dec. 24, 1934, to John and Jennie (Grabell) Willis in Lee County, Va. On July 3, 1954, in Middlesboro, Ky., he married Jane A. Hill, who survives. P
- John M. Cornell Sr. John M. Cornell Sr., 73, Galveston, passed away Monday morning, March 10, 2014, at his home in Galveston. He was born May 4, 1940, in Kokomo to Wendell W. and Ruth E. (Millet) Cornell. On June 29, 1963, he married Ruth (Shoffner) Cornell in Kokomo an
- More Obituaries Headlines