April 13, 1927 - April, 18, 2013
Mildred Edna Miller, 86, went home to be with her loving husband and the Lord on April 18, 2013 at 6:15 a.m.
She was born April 13, 1927 in Miami County to Clarence and Frances (Cooper) Hullinger. She graduated from Clay Township in Miami County in 1945. On May 23, 1945 she married Eldon L. Miller. They were married for 66 very happy years. They lovingly raised 4 children. Millie was a member of and attended Galveston Methodist Church, as well as belonging to the UMC Women’s Assoc. She was also a member of the Red Hat Club in Buttonwood Bay, FL as well as a member of the Cass County 4-H Booster Home-Ec Club.
She loved life, spending time with her family and enjoyed spending winters at Buttonwood Bay in Sebring, FL for the past 27 years. She was a great cook and farm wife. She also loved spending time with her 25 great grandchildren. She was always dressed to the nines and on the go enjoying her full social life.
Together she, and her late husband, raised tomatoes for 64 years for Orestes, Libby’s and Red Gold canning companies. In addition, they raised sheep, hogs, corn, soybeans and wheat.
She is survived by her children: Karen (Joe) Zody, Peggy Petrone, Phillip (Patricia) Miller, and Teresa (Bill) Webster, 14 grandchildren: Brian (Becky) Fye, Chad (Wendy) Fye, Justin (Laurie) Petrone, Blake (Desiree) Fye, Maghan (Kevin) Keller, Brandon Hudson, Drew (fiancée Ashlie) Miller, Jared (Katie) Petrone, Garrett Hudson, Gavin Hudson, Taylor (fiancée Kaylee) Miller, Jordan Petrone ( Tiffany Wingate ), Joel Petrone and Nolan Hudson, three special step grandchildren: Doug (Emily) Winters, Ashley (Todd) Hissong and Brooke (Ron) Bryant; her four siblings Georgiana Myers, Doris Moss, Don Hullinger and Dale Hullinger and very special nieces & nephews including: Dan (Barb) Kitchel & Bob (Mary) Kitchel.
Preceding her in death was her loving husband, Eldon L. Miller, her parents, and her brother Jim Hullinger.
She also had a very special employee and friend Poncho and his wife Sylvia Villaneuva and their children Frankie, Crystal and Ruby.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Galveston United Methodist Church, 515 S. Maple St., Galveston, with Rev. Roy E. Ice officiating. Burial will follow at Galveston Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Galveston United Methodist Church.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.murrayweaverfuneralhome.com
April 13, 1927 - April, 18, 2013
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- Gertrude R. Townsend Gertrude R. Townsend, 91, Twelve Mile, died at 4:46 p.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Chase Center, Logansport Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Burial will follow in Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Twelve Mile. V
- William Thomas Jeffers Sr. William Thomas Jeffers Sr., Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home. He was born April 10, 1932, in Kokomo, the son of Ernest G. and Iris (Swisher) Jeffers. On Dec. 21, 1952, in Kokomo, he married Marjorie Kathleen Denman, who preceded him in
- More Obituaries Headlines