April 23, 1950 - April 21, 2013
Brett Jay Flenar, 62, Akron, died at 7:30 a.m., Sunday, April 21, 2013, at IU Health Methodist Hospital of Indianapolis, after being in failing health for two months. He was born April 23, 1950, in Warsaw to Robert and Ellen Lee (Kesler) Flenar. He was married July 11, 1981, in Rochester, to Valerie Burns, and she survives
He most recently worked for Rochester Rotational Molding and he had also worked for Kokomo Chrysler Transmission Plant and Federal-Mogul Corp.
He graduated from Mentone High School in 1968. He enjoyed camping with family, restoring antique tractors and engines, and the outdoors.
Survivors are his wife, Valerie Flenar, Akron; daughters, Sandy Kay Rivera, Indianapolis, Jessica Flenar, Kokomo; sons, Brian and wife Kayla Flenar, Rochester, Matthew and wife Abby Flenar, Rochester; mother, Ellen Lee Flenar, Mentone; six grandchildren; sisters, Diane and husband Lanny Idle, South Whitley, Lynn and husband Roger Bucher, Fort Wayne; brother, Dan and wife Sherry Flenar, Columbia City.
He was preceded in death by his father, Robert Flenar, on March 9, 2011.
Services are 10:30 a.m. Thursday at King Memorial Home, 101 N. Tucker St., Mentone, with Billy Steele officiating. Burial will be in Mentone Cemetery, Mentone. Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at King Memorial Home, Mentone.
Share a memory or send an online condolence at www.hartzlerfuneralservices.com.
April 23, 1950 - April 21, 2013
- Tyler Thomas Wright Tyler Thomas Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014. He was born May 14, 1991, in Howard County, to Timothy Edward and Karen Dee (Ebeling) Wright.A 2010 graduate of Rossville High School, Tyler worked on the family farm with his dad as
- Funeral listings, July 22, 2014 Hoover, Kristy Kay, services are 10 a.m. today at St. John’s United Church of Christ, Boonville.Barker, Florence A. “Flossie,” services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Brauneller, Richard L. “Dick”, services
- Crystal M. Stover Crystal M. Stover, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Bringhurst, Carroll County, passed away at 11:46 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014, at Kindred Health Care. Crystal was born on Dec. 31, 1935, in Kansas, to the late Cyril and Edith (Abel) Wood. She married David S
- Charles M. 'Dink' Cloum Sr. Charles M. ‘Dink’ Cloum Sr., 71, formerly of Kokomo, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, in Wilmington, North Carolina. He was born the son of Elias and Bernice Cloum on July 21, 1942, in Monroe, Michigan.He is survived by his children, Jeffrey Cloum,
- M. Frances Edwards M. Frances Edwards, 67, Springport, passed away at 2:46 p.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, at Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana. She was born April 21, 1947, in Little Rock, Arkansas, to the late TG and Lois (Bunton) Dodd. On Jan.
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis.Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Mike Ennis officiati
- Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins A celebration kicked off at 4 a.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, in Heaven when Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins arrived on the Streets of Gold. Mable was born Sept. 24, 1939, in Kokomo, to the late Roy and Helena J. Welcher. Her marriage to George B. Huskins,
- Funerals, July 21, 2014 Robertson, Kenneth H., services are 10 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville Chapel, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Edgell, Robert Stephen “Steve,” services are 11 a.m. today at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood.Bottom, Don L., services are
- Paul William 'Bill' Wyant RUSSIAVILLE — Paul William “Bill” Wyant, 78, Russiaville, passed away at 3:46 a.m. on Saturday, July 19, 2014, at his home. He was born Nov. 21, 1935, in Russiaville, to Paul and Mary Elizabeth Wyant. In 1960, Bill married Janice Pearl Price, who pre
- Tyler Wright Tyler Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014.Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville. Burial will follow in St. Paul Cemetery, Forest. Friends are invited to v
- More Obituaries Headlines