April 23, 1950 - April 21, 2013
Brett Jay Flenar, 62, Akron, died at 7:30 a.m., Sunday, April 21, 2013, at IU Health Methodist Hospital of Indianapolis, after being in failing health for two months. He was born April 23, 1950, in Warsaw to Robert and Ellen Lee (Kesler) Flenar. He was married July 11, 1981, in Rochester, to Valerie Burns, and she survives
He most recently worked for Rochester Rotational Molding and he had also worked for Kokomo Chrysler Transmission Plant and Federal-Mogul Corp.
He graduated from Mentone High School in 1968. He enjoyed camping with family, restoring antique tractors and engines, and the outdoors.
Survivors are his wife, Valerie Flenar, Akron; daughters, Sandy Kay Rivera, Indianapolis, Jessica Flenar, Kokomo; sons, Brian and wife Kayla Flenar, Rochester, Matthew and wife Abby Flenar, Rochester; mother, Ellen Lee Flenar, Mentone; six grandchildren; sisters, Diane and husband Lanny Idle, South Whitley, Lynn and husband Roger Bucher, Fort Wayne; brother, Dan and wife Sherry Flenar, Columbia City.
He was preceded in death by his father, Robert Flenar, on March 9, 2011.
Services are 10:30 a.m. Thursday at King Memorial Home, 101 N. Tucker St., Mentone, with Billy Steele officiating. Burial will be in Mentone Cemetery, Mentone. Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at King Memorial Home, Mentone.
Share a memory or send an online condolence at www.hartzlerfuneralservices.com.
April 23, 1950 - April 21, 2013
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- Gertrude R. Townsend Gertrude R. Townsend, 91, Twelve Mile, died at 4:46 p.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Chase Center, Logansport Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Burial will follow in Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Twelve Mile. V
- William Thomas Jeffers Sr. William Thomas Jeffers Sr., Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home. He was born April 10, 1932, in Kokomo, the son of Ernest G. and Iris (Swisher) Jeffers. On Dec. 21, 1952, in Kokomo, he married Marjorie Kathleen Denman, who preceded him in
- More Obituaries Headlines