April 23, 1950 - April 21, 2013
Brett Jay Flenar, 62, Akron, died at 7:30 a.m., Sunday, April 21, 2013, at IU Health Methodist Hospital of Indianapolis, after being in failing health for two months. He was born April 23, 1950, in Warsaw to Robert and Ellen Lee (Kesler) Flenar. He was married July 11, 1981, in Rochester, to Valerie Burns, and she survives
He most recently worked for Rochester Rotational Molding and he had also worked for Kokomo Chrysler Transmission Plant and Federal-Mogul Corp.
He graduated from Mentone High School in 1968. He enjoyed camping with family, restoring antique tractors and engines, and the outdoors.
Survivors are his wife, Valerie Flenar, Akron; daughters, Sandy Kay Rivera, Indianapolis, Jessica Flenar, Kokomo; sons, Brian and wife Kayla Flenar, Rochester, Matthew and wife Abby Flenar, Rochester; mother, Ellen Lee Flenar, Mentone; six grandchildren; sisters, Diane and husband Lanny Idle, South Whitley, Lynn and husband Roger Bucher, Fort Wayne; brother, Dan and wife Sherry Flenar, Columbia City.
He was preceded in death by his father, Robert Flenar, on March 9, 2011.
Services are 10:30 a.m. Thursday at King Memorial Home, 101 N. Tucker St., Mentone, with Billy Steele officiating. Burial will be in Mentone Cemetery, Mentone. Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at King Memorial Home, Mentone.
Share a memory or send an online condolence at www.hartzlerfuneralservices.com.
April 23, 1950 - April 21, 2013
- Phillip 'Phil' E. Fernung Phillip "Phil" E. Fernung, 70, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Fairmont Rehabilitation Center in Kokomo. He was born March 5, 1944, to Ernest and Madella (Sellers) Fernung in Kokomo. Phil grew up on a farm, and deeply respected both
- Funerals listings, April 16, 2014 Corradi, James Joseph, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E. Horoho, Ernest "Pete," services are 11 a.m. today at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown. Rivera, Seferina D., services
- Rose Marie (Ramey) Brown Rose Marie (Ramey) Brown, 54, escaped her earthly struggles and passed into Paradise Wednesday, April 2, 2014. A wonderful wife, sister, mother, mother-in-law, proud grandmother of her 12 grandchildren, civil engineering graduate, and faithful frien
- Angeline Hanna Fife Angeline Hanna Fife, 91, formerly of Flora, died at 12:35 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Golden Living Healthcare-Kokomo. She was born April 2, 1923, in Burnettsville, to the late Homer and Faye Johnsonbaugh Hanna. Her marriage was to Donald E. Fif
- Roy Leslie Kinsey Roy Leslie Kinsey, 97, North Manchester, died at 12:33 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Peabody Healthcare Center in North Manchester. He was born May 25, 1916, in Claypool, to Harry and Mabel (Bowen) Kinsey. Roy was a 1934 graduate of Claypool High
- Ronald J. 'Nick' Nickels Ronald J. "Nick" Nickels, 70, Kokomo, died at 9:30 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born Aug. 20, 1943, in Logansport, the son of Ivan and Louise (Conn) Nickels. On Feb. 4, 1967, he married Judy Tyler, who preceded him in death Oct. 3
- Glenda Joy Kessler Glenda Joy Kessler passed away Saturday, April 12, 2014, after a blessedly short battle with Alzheimer's ending with a stroke. She touched many lives with her gentle spirit and Christian outlook on life. Glenda was born at home in Stillwater, Okla.,
- Dena M. Morris Dena M. Morris, 95, passed away Monday, April 14, 2014, in Kokomo. Arrangements are pending at Porter Funeral Home in Tipton. Dena M. Morris
- Diane Mitchell Coffman Diane Mitchell Coffman, 68, Kokomo, passed away Friday, April 11, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 9, 1945, in London, England, to Mark and Dorothy (Banbury) McCain. She retired from Delco. Survivors include her two children, Mark Coffman and his
- Scott K. Van Sickel Scott K. Van Sickel, 60, Lafayette, formerly of Kokomo and Morton, Ill., passed away at 7:10 a.m. Thursday, April 10, 2014, at St. Elizabeth East Hospital. He was born the son of L.K. and Maxine Van Sickel on Jan. 1, 1954, in Berwyn, Ill. Scott was a
- More Obituaries Headlines