Jan. 25, 1933 - June 5, 2013
Oleta Marie Campbell, 79, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, June 5, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Jan. 25, 1933, in Poughkeepsie, Ark., to Arthur and Lena Marie (Smith) Jarrett. She married Albert Earl Campbell, and he survives.
She retired from Delco in 1984 after 30 years of service. She was very proud of the fact that during those 30 years she was never late or missed work once. She enjoyed playing Bingo, doing word searches, and helping others. Oleta’s middle name, Marie, is one that has been passed down through all the family.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by two sons, Michael (Jean Ann) Campbell, and Timothy (Sandra) Campbell; six grandchildren, Nick Campbell, Chris Campbell, Brittany Dockemeyer, Emily Hicks, and Kayla Campbell; four great-grandchildren, Alex Campbell, Maddyx Campbell, Madelynn Dockemeyer and Merle Hicks; one brother, Roscoe Jarrett; two sisters, Veda Amos and Verena (Jim) Gregg; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one brother, Monroe Jarrett; one brother-in-law, Dwight Amos; and one nephew, Mark Jarrett.
The funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home with Pastor Joshua Welch officiating. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Cemetery. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Messages of condolence may be expressed online at www.sunsetmemorygarden.com.
Jan. 25, 1933 - June 5, 2013
- Master Chief Jackie L. Keller Sr., U.S.N. Ret. Master Chief Jackie L. Keller, 78, slipped his earthly moorings, weighed anchor and set sail on his final voyage. His family and friends wish him fair winds and a following sea enroute to his last port of call. Jack was born Oct. 15, 1935, to the lat
- Funeral listings, Dec. 4, 2013 Fenimore, Roderick "Rod" L., services are at 10 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru. Zehring, Marcella, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Hasler-Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown. Siders, Gary "Rex," the funeral is 1 p.m. today
- Frederick 'Fred' J. Bennett Frederick "Fred" J. Bennett, 58, Flora, passed away at 4:57 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. He was born on Oct. 16, 1955, in Danville, Ill., to Floyd James and Rose (Arnold) Bennett. On April 20, 1992, Fred married
- Emma M. Amthauer Emma M. Amthauer, 88, formerly of Walton, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Woodbridge Health Care Center in Logansport. She was born June 19, 1925, in Manson (Clinton County), the daughter of Roy and Emma M. (Swope) Wilson. On June 14, 1953, in
- Merlyn 'Pat' E. Wallace Merlyn "Pat" E. Wallace, 84, Fort Myers, Fla., passed away Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, at his residence. He was born Sept. 9, 1929, in Trinidad, Colo., a son of Merlyn and Mary Sandifur Wallace. Pat served his country in Korea and was honorably discharg
- John F. Yentes John F. Yentes, better known as "Johnny Y," Peru, passed to his eternal rest Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at his residence. Visitation will be 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral hom
- John Richard Russell John Richard Russell, 84, Oakford, passed away at 10:34 a.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at his residence. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to noon Friday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Services will follow at noon, also at th
- Jerry W. Coleman Jerry W. Coleman, 65, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, in Indianapolis. A memorial service will be held at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at House of Prayer, 8125 Rawles Ave., Indianapolis. Indiana Funeral Care is in charge of arrangements. Jerry W. Coleman
- Monzetta J. (Moss) 'Monie' Irestone Irestone, Monzetta J. (Moss) "Monie" of Jackson, Mich., passed away on Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, under the loving care of her family and the compassionate staff of Allegiance Hospice after fighting a courageous battle with pancreatic cancer. She was 8
- Funeral listings, Dec. 3, 2013 Miller, Louise Hall, funeral Mass is 10 a.m. today at St. James Catholic Church, Arlington Heights, Ill. Rose, David E., services are 11 a.m. today at Kroeger Funeral Home 711 E. Market St., Logansport. Hallam, Constance "Connie", services are noon t
- More Obituaries Headlines