Jan. 25, 1933 - June 5, 2013
Oleta Marie Campbell, 79, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, June 5, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Jan. 25, 1933, in Poughkeepsie, Ark., to Arthur and Lena Marie (Smith) Jarrett. She married Albert Earl Campbell, and he survives.
She retired from Delco in 1984 after 30 years of service. She was very proud of the fact that during those 30 years she was never late or missed work once. She enjoyed playing Bingo, doing word searches, and helping others. Oleta’s middle name, Marie, is one that has been passed down through all the family.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by two sons, Michael (Jean Ann) Campbell, and Timothy (Sandra) Campbell; six grandchildren, Nick Campbell, Chris Campbell, Brittany Dockemeyer, Emily Hicks, and Kayla Campbell; four great-grandchildren, Alex Campbell, Maddyx Campbell, Madelynn Dockemeyer and Merle Hicks; one brother, Roscoe Jarrett; two sisters, Veda Amos and Verena (Jim) Gregg; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one brother, Monroe Jarrett; one brother-in-law, Dwight Amos; and one nephew, Mark Jarrett.
The funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home with Pastor Joshua Welch officiating. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Cemetery. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Messages of condolence may be expressed online at www.sunsetmemorygarden.com.
Jan. 25, 1933 - June 5, 2013
- Lyman E. 'Ed' Dudley Lyman E. "Ed" Dudley, 86, Kokomo, passed away at 3:40 p.m. Tuesday, March 4, 2014, at Kindred Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas. Ed was born Jan. 8, 1928, in Kokomo to the late Emery and Goldie (Kaser) Dudley. Ed served in the U.S. Navy from 1945 to 1949
- Rowena M. Little Rowena M. Little, 85, Gas City, died at 6:20 a.m. Monday, March 10, 2014, at Twin City Health Care. Memorial services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown, with Pastor David Shepard officiating. Burial
- Carlton Haywood Draper Carlton Haywood Draper, 60, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014, at his residence. Carlton Haywood Draper was born Jan. 21, 1954, the son of Randle N. Draper and Virginia M. Elliott Draper in Indianapolis. He had been employed as a printer for
- Crystal Helen Newburn Crystal Helen Newburn, 94, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport and Walton, went to be with her Lord and Savior at 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014, in Century Villa Health Care and Rehab, Greentown. Born Nov. 27, 1919, in Cass County, she was the daughter o
- Martha Fearnow Teter Martha Fearnow Teter, 94, Tipton, died Monday, March 10, 2014, at IU Health Tipton Hospital in Tipton. A 11 a.m. graveside service is scheduled for Saturday at Kempton Cemetery, Kempton. Online condolences are available at porterfh.com. Martha Fear
- Ovid L. 'Bud' Rife Ovid L. "Bud" Rife, 78, Greentown, died Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at Seton Hospital in Lafayette. Arrangements are pending at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown. Ovid L. 'Bud' Rife
- Linda J. Davis Linda J. Davis passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at Community Heart and Vascular Hospital in Indianapolis. Linda J. Davis was born Aug. 22 1956, the daughter of Tommie Long and Ethel Meriwether Long in Racine, Wis. She retired from Chrysler Corp.
- Jerolyn Ruth Blessing Jerolyn Ruth Blessing, 80, Kokomo, was ushered into the presence of her Lord and Savior Friday, March 7, 2014. She was born May 12, 1933, in Tipton Township, Cass County, to Benjamin C. and Ruth Lois (Cotterman) Couch. On March 19, 1977, she married
- Funerals Eaker, Imogene, a graveside service is 10 a.m. today at Crown Point Cemetery. Gingerich, John Edwin, services are 10 a.m. today at Salem Mennonite Church. Crouch, J. William, graveside services are 2:30 p.m. today at Fairview Cemetery in Tipton. Gran
- Ermel L. Wade Ermel L. Wade, 96, Kokomo, died at 6:45 a.m. Wednesday, March 12, 2014. There will be no public visitation or services. Arrangements are handled by Ellers Mortuary. Ermel L. Wade
- More Obituaries Headlines