Jan. 25, 1933 - June 5, 2013
Oleta Marie Campbell, 79, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, June 5, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Jan. 25, 1933, in Poughkeepsie, Ark., to Arthur and Lena Marie (Smith) Jarrett. She married Albert Earl Campbell, and he survives.
She retired from Delco in 1984 after 30 years of service. She was very proud of the fact that during those 30 years she was never late or missed work once. She enjoyed playing Bingo, doing word searches, and helping others. Oleta’s middle name, Marie, is one that has been passed down through all the family.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by two sons, Michael (Jean Ann) Campbell, and Timothy (Sandra) Campbell; six grandchildren, Nick Campbell, Chris Campbell, Brittany Dockemeyer, Emily Hicks, and Kayla Campbell; four great-grandchildren, Alex Campbell, Maddyx Campbell, Madelynn Dockemeyer and Merle Hicks; one brother, Roscoe Jarrett; two sisters, Veda Amos and Verena (Jim) Gregg; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one brother, Monroe Jarrett; one brother-in-law, Dwight Amos; and one nephew, Mark Jarrett.
The funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home with Pastor Joshua Welch officiating. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Cemetery. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Messages of condolence may be expressed online at www.sunsetmemorygarden.com.
Jan. 25, 1933 - June 5, 2013
- Funeral listings, Aug. 21, 2014 Miller, Richard Carl, funeral services are 10 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru. Helvie, William Lee “Bill,” services are 11 a.m. today at Flora Christian Church.Gibson, Thelma, services are at 1 p.m. today at Shirley &
- Carol Wright Carol Wright, 76, Frankfort, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 8, 1937, in Indianapolis, to David Thornton and Hazel M. Burton Weaver; her mother survives. On Oct. 22, she married Ronald P. Wright, sharing over 60 yea
- Eleanor Martin Eleanor Martin, 82, Russiaville, passed away at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born the daughter of Warren and Mary (Clark) Quakenbush on April 22, 1932, in Russiaville. On May 31, 1953, she married Eugene
- Marvin Ross Oberholtzer Marvin Ross Oberholtzer, 77, Bradenton, Florida, died Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014. Born in Clay City, Indiana, he moved to Bradenton in 1991 from Kokomo and was a member of Trailer Estates Covenant Church. He retired from AT&T in Kokomo. He liked bluegras
- Roy Max Brown Roy Max Brown, 75, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014. He was born Nov. 22, 1938, to Robert E. and Grace Brown in Miami County.He retired May 31, 1994 from Chrysler Corp. in Kokomo. He moved from the Kokomo area to Lake Palestine in Kosciusko County
- Annie Laurie Douglas Jan. 18, 1922 - Aug. 17, 2014 Annie Laurie Douglas, 92, a former Scircleville resident, died at 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, Warsaw. She was born Jan. 18, 1922, in Beaumont, Kentucky, to Guy L. and Lillian C. (Williams) Knip
- Funeral listings, Aug. 20, 2014 Burns, Jackie Lee, services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Miller, Richard Carl, funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru.Helvie, William Lee “Bill,” servic
- Eleanor Martin Eleanor Martin, 82, Russiaville, passed away at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officia
- Thomas 'Tom' R. Faunce July 11, 1935 - Aug. 17, 2014Thomas “Tom” R. Faunce, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his home. He was born July 11, 1935, in Kokomo. His grandparents, William and Goldie Summers, raised him. On Sept. 1, 1956, Tom married
- Bee W. Snow Bee W. Snow, daughter of Clyde and Harriet West (Van Benthuysen), passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at the age of 94. She was a resident at The Wellington at Kokomo. She was married to Burnill L. Snow on Dec. 31, 1936, and he preceded her in deat
- More Obituaries Headlines