Tina V. Schmidlin
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin, 86, passed away at 3:15 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, in Greer, S.C. She was born Nov. 28, 1926, to the late Harry and Clema (Woodruff) Nutter in Kokomo, where she was raised with her brother and sister.
During their middle and high school years, they formed a band known as the Kokomo Hot Shots and performed throughout the Midwest for special occasions and on a daily radio show before going to school each day.
She was a graduate of Kokomo High School and was then employed by Indiana Bell Telephone Co. as a district clerk for the mid-state territory.
On April 8, 1946, she married her high school sweetheart, Henry Schmidlin, after his discharge from the U.S. Navy. Upon the birth of her first child in 1953, she terminated her employment and became a loving and caring wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, with true love for all.
She had been a resident of Warsaw since 1979 and worked a few years as a teller for First National Bank. She was co-owner with her husband of Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream stores in Warsaw and Plymouth, as well as the former convenience store on East Center Street.
She was a member of Otterbein United Methodist Church, Atwood.
In addition to her husband, Henry, she is survived by a daughter, Caryn (Bobby) Scott, Greer, S.C.; a son, David (Verna), Greer, S.C.; six grandchildren, Crystal (Ryan) Finney of Greenville, S.C., Brent Schmidlin, Warsaw, John Schmidlin, North Vernon, Amanda (LaMichael) Wade, Fort Bragg, N.C., Samantha (Caleb) Jones, Greer, S.C., and Ryan (Mandi) Scott, Huntington; eight grandchildren, Autumn, Morgan, Madeline, Jacob, Sophia Finney, Jaden Jones, Conner Scott and Jennelle Scott; four stepgrandchildren, Shana Scott, Rob Scott, Corey Schmidlin and Kyle Wiskotoni; and five stepgreat-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at Grace & Zoar United Methodist Church, Greer, S.C. Burial will follow in M.J. Dolly Cooper Veterans Cemetery.
The Palmetto Mortuary, Greenville, S.C., is in charge of arrangements.
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin
- Ronald Lee Galloway Ronald Lee Galloway, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 8:16 a.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his residence. Born June 1, 1934, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Frank Gordon and Cora (Rush) Gordon. He was a 1952 graduate of Northwestern High School. O
- Maudie Ellen Sanders Maudie Ellen Sanders, 69, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Oct. 5, 1944, in Sullivan County, Kingsport, Tenn., to Bascom Harold and Garnett (Stiltner) Sisk. On Oct. 14, 1964, in Gate City, Va., she married Richar
- Vicky Irene Woodbury Vicky Irene Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbur
- William 'Bill' Moore William "Bill" Moore, 66, Kokomo, died at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. There will be a memorial service scheduled at a later date. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel is assisting the family with arrangements
- Vickie S. Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie was a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, crocheting
- Georgia F. Foard A memorial service for Sister Georgia F. Foard will be at 11 a.m. Friday in New Hope Full Gospel Church, 501 N. McCann St. The wife of Pastor Robert Foard of Zion Missionary Baptist Church, she passed away Tuesday, April 8, 2014. Georgia F. Foard
- Ronald J. 'Nick' Nickels Ronald J. "Nick" Nickels, 70, Kokomo, died at 9:30 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born Aug. 20, 1943, in Logansport, the son of Ivan and Louise (Conn) Nickels. On Feb. 4, 1967, he married Judy Tyler, who preceded him in death Oct. 3
- Elizabeth Louise (Jones) Stewart Elizabeth L. Stewart, 93, was called home to rest by the Lord at 2:25 p.m. Sunday, April 13, 2014. She was born in Marion to the late William Burke Jones and the late Helen Jones Casey on Nov. 8, 1920. In 1938, Elizabeth graduated from Marion High Sc
- Funerals Fields, Perry, services are 11 a.m. today at Family Worship Center, 6395 S. Clarkson St., Littleton, Colo. Tosch, Deborah L., services are 11 a.m. today at Indian Village Church of God, 602 Erie Pass, Auburn. Richardson, Nellie Marie, services are 2
- Sean Michael Mahoney Sean Michael Mahoney, 51, Springfield, passed away at 12:30 a.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at his residence. Born Jan. 20, 1963, in Springfield, Mass., he was the son of Thomas F. Mahoney and Audrey (Murphy) Mahoney. He was a veteran of the United St
- More Obituaries Headlines