Tina V. Schmidlin
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin, 86, passed away at 3:15 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, in Greer, S.C. She was born Nov. 28, 1926, to the late Harry and Clema (Woodruff) Nutter in Kokomo, where she was raised with her brother and sister.
During their middle and high school years, they formed a band known as the Kokomo Hot Shots and performed throughout the Midwest for special occasions and on a daily radio show before going to school each day.
She was a graduate of Kokomo High School and was then employed by Indiana Bell Telephone Co. as a district clerk for the mid-state territory.
On April 8, 1946, she married her high school sweetheart, Henry Schmidlin, after his discharge from the U.S. Navy. Upon the birth of her first child in 1953, she terminated her employment and became a loving and caring wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, with true love for all.
She had been a resident of Warsaw since 1979 and worked a few years as a teller for First National Bank. She was co-owner with her husband of Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream stores in Warsaw and Plymouth, as well as the former convenience store on East Center Street.
She was a member of Otterbein United Methodist Church, Atwood.
In addition to her husband, Henry, she is survived by a daughter, Caryn (Bobby) Scott, Greer, S.C.; a son, David (Verna), Greer, S.C.; six grandchildren, Crystal (Ryan) Finney of Greenville, S.C., Brent Schmidlin, Warsaw, John Schmidlin, North Vernon, Amanda (LaMichael) Wade, Fort Bragg, N.C., Samantha (Caleb) Jones, Greer, S.C., and Ryan (Mandi) Scott, Huntington; eight grandchildren, Autumn, Morgan, Madeline, Jacob, Sophia Finney, Jaden Jones, Conner Scott and Jennelle Scott; four stepgrandchildren, Shana Scott, Rob Scott, Corey Schmidlin and Kyle Wiskotoni; and five stepgreat-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at Grace & Zoar United Methodist Church, Greer, S.C. Burial will follow in M.J. Dolly Cooper Veterans Cemetery.
The Palmetto Mortuary, Greenville, S.C., is in charge of arrangements.
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- Funeral listings, July 29, 2014 Holmes, Imogene R. (Lett), services are 10 a.m. today at West Street Christian Church, Tipton.Jackson, Linda, services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Esslinger, Hassie M., services are 1 p.m. today at Shirl
- Cathy J. Spivey Cathy J. Spivey, 66, Panama City, Florida, and formerly of Elwood, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, surrounded by her loving family, following a brief illness.A celebration of life service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 3
- Frances Juanita Bookwalter Frances Juanita Bookwalter, 93, Peru, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning, July 27, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo, with her loving children by her side.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at McClain Funeral Hom
Helen M. Shultz
Helen M. Shultz, 93, passed away at her residence Friday, July 25, 2014. She was born Sept. 9, 1920, to Raymond and Esther (Wolf) Jackson. They preceded her in death.Helen graduated from Butler High School and married Homer G. “Jake” Shultz on Aug. 3
- Wilma Leach Wilma Leach, Tipton, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor in Tipton.Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare in Greentown. She was born Dec. 21, 1919, to William Raleigh Coverdale and Ethel Jane (Harrison) Coverdale. On Dec. 24, 1939, she married Albert Richey, who preceded h
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. A funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Ellers Mortuary, 3400 S. Webster St., with Pastor Gary Foster officiating. Burial will follow at K
- James E. Young James E. Young, 78, rural Roann, died at 11:37 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, surrounded by his daughters at his residence. He was born Nov. 13, 1935, in Sleepy Hollow, Miami County, the son of Floyd E. and Margaret V. (Miller) Young. He was married N
- Max Bitner Max Bitner, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- More Obituaries Headlines