Tina V. Schmidlin
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin, 86, passed away at 3:15 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, in Greer, S.C. She was born Nov. 28, 1926, to the late Harry and Clema (Woodruff) Nutter in Kokomo, where she was raised with her brother and sister.
During their middle and high school years, they formed a band known as the Kokomo Hot Shots and performed throughout the Midwest for special occasions and on a daily radio show before going to school each day.
She was a graduate of Kokomo High School and was then employed by Indiana Bell Telephone Co. as a district clerk for the mid-state territory.
On April 8, 1946, she married her high school sweetheart, Henry Schmidlin, after his discharge from the U.S. Navy. Upon the birth of her first child in 1953, she terminated her employment and became a loving and caring wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, with true love for all.
She had been a resident of Warsaw since 1979 and worked a few years as a teller for First National Bank. She was co-owner with her husband of Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream stores in Warsaw and Plymouth, as well as the former convenience store on East Center Street.
She was a member of Otterbein United Methodist Church, Atwood.
In addition to her husband, Henry, she is survived by a daughter, Caryn (Bobby) Scott, Greer, S.C.; a son, David (Verna), Greer, S.C.; six grandchildren, Crystal (Ryan) Finney of Greenville, S.C., Brent Schmidlin, Warsaw, John Schmidlin, North Vernon, Amanda (LaMichael) Wade, Fort Bragg, N.C., Samantha (Caleb) Jones, Greer, S.C., and Ryan (Mandi) Scott, Huntington; eight grandchildren, Autumn, Morgan, Madeline, Jacob, Sophia Finney, Jaden Jones, Conner Scott and Jennelle Scott; four stepgrandchildren, Shana Scott, Rob Scott, Corey Schmidlin and Kyle Wiskotoni; and five stepgreat-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at Grace & Zoar United Methodist Church, Greer, S.C. Burial will follow in M.J. Dolly Cooper Veterans Cemetery.
The Palmetto Mortuary, Greenville, S.C., is in charge of arrangements.
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin
- Frederick Alan Rose Frederick Alan Rose, 61, Kokomo, died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence.Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes and Crematory. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
- Funeral listings, Aug. 22, 2014 Kinzie, Wanda Marie (Hayes), services are 10 a.m. today at Allen Funeral Home, 136 S. Elm St., Bunker Hill. Wright, Carol, funeral service at 2 p.m. today at Genda Funeral Home, 608 N. Main St., Frankfort.Flood, Joseph William Francis Jr., a memorial
- Jerry Devern Nance Jerry Devern Nance, 63, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, in Indianapolis.Family and friends may join us for a celebration of life from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Enter through door 2.The fami
- Delores Skelton Delores Skelton, 77, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in Community Howard Regional Health. Born April 22, 1937, in Logansport, she was the daughter of Charles and Lillian Elizabeth Zech Nethercutt. On
- Shirley Ann Sage Shirley Ann Sage, 77, Converse, passed away Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at Sterling House in Marion, following an extended illness. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Open Door Fellowship Church, Converse, with Pastors Jim Miller and Don R
- Cindi Thompson Cindi Thompson, 59, rural Frankfort, died at 4:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with Pastor Kevin Carr presiding. A private family burial will be held
- Shirley J. Decker Shirley J. Decker, 87, Walton, died early Wednesday morning, Aug. 20, 2014, at her home. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Walton IOOF Cemetery in Walton, with the Rev. Vince Darland officiating. No visitation is planned.Memorial c
- Wayne L. Walker Wayne L. Walker, 64, Tipton, died Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence. He was born July 3, 1950, in Livingston, Tennessee, to Estelene (Walker) Decker.He retired from General Motors, Delphi, in 2009. Wayne was a member of the U.A.W., Tipton Mo
- Barbara 'Bobbie' A. (Reynolds) Jacobs Barbara “Bobbie” A. (Reynolds) Jacobs, 79, passed away at 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at her residence in Kokomo. She was born Jan. 9, 1935, in Des Moines, Iowa. She was the daughter of the late Frank and Hazel (Nicholes) Reynolds. On Sept. 2
- Wilda R Hawk Wilda R. Hawk, 79, died at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug, 21, 2014, in Golden Living Center - Sycamore Village Nursing Home. Services are pending with Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
- More Obituaries Headlines