Tina V. Schmidlin
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin, 86, passed away at 3:15 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, in Greer, S.C. She was born Nov. 28, 1926, to the late Harry and Clema (Woodruff) Nutter in Kokomo, where she was raised with her brother and sister.
During their middle and high school years, they formed a band known as the Kokomo Hot Shots and performed throughout the Midwest for special occasions and on a daily radio show before going to school each day.
She was a graduate of Kokomo High School and was then employed by Indiana Bell Telephone Co. as a district clerk for the mid-state territory.
On April 8, 1946, she married her high school sweetheart, Henry Schmidlin, after his discharge from the U.S. Navy. Upon the birth of her first child in 1953, she terminated her employment and became a loving and caring wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, with true love for all.
She had been a resident of Warsaw since 1979 and worked a few years as a teller for First National Bank. She was co-owner with her husband of Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream stores in Warsaw and Plymouth, as well as the former convenience store on East Center Street.
She was a member of Otterbein United Methodist Church, Atwood.
In addition to her husband, Henry, she is survived by a daughter, Caryn (Bobby) Scott, Greer, S.C.; a son, David (Verna), Greer, S.C.; six grandchildren, Crystal (Ryan) Finney of Greenville, S.C., Brent Schmidlin, Warsaw, John Schmidlin, North Vernon, Amanda (LaMichael) Wade, Fort Bragg, N.C., Samantha (Caleb) Jones, Greer, S.C., and Ryan (Mandi) Scott, Huntington; eight grandchildren, Autumn, Morgan, Madeline, Jacob, Sophia Finney, Jaden Jones, Conner Scott and Jennelle Scott; four stepgrandchildren, Shana Scott, Rob Scott, Corey Schmidlin and Kyle Wiskotoni; and five stepgreat-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at Grace & Zoar United Methodist Church, Greer, S.C. Burial will follow in M.J. Dolly Cooper Veterans Cemetery.
The Palmetto Mortuary, Greenville, S.C., is in charge of arrangements.
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin
- Julie K. (Robinson) Groves Julie was an exceptional mother and homemaker who loved family more than anything. She had a lot of family. Surviving includes her husband, Russell Groves, Peru; two daughters, Jamie Graber and husband Seth, Greentown, Brenda Thomas and husband Micha
- Funeral listings, March 11, 2014 Newby, Mary Louise, services are 10 a.m. today at New London Friends Church, 2104 S. 766 West, Russiaville. Townsend, Gertrude R., services are 10:30 a.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Price, Gary Allan, services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers M
- Imogene Eaker Imogene Eaker, 66, Kokomo, died at 4:35 a.m. Monday, March 9, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. A graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Crown Point Cemetery, Kokomo. Burial will follow. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory is assisting wit
- Christine Spears Christine Spears, 81, Tipton, passed away Friday, March 7, 2014, at IU Health Tipton Hospital in Tipton. Visitation is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. A memorial service will be at 7 p.m. Wednesd
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. The funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Friday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, with Pastors Doug Benham and Jefffrey Miller officiating. Burial will
- John Edwin Gingerich John Edwin Gingerich, 88, of Milford, passed away peacefully at his home at 11:25 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014. He was born Oct. 8, 1925, in Howard County, to Albert and Salome (Troyer) Gingerich. He married Mary Ellen Schlabach in LaGrange on Feb. 28,
- Stanley Jesse Baldwin Stanley Jesse Baldwin, 77, Clovis, N.M., died Monday, March 3, 2014, at his home in Clovis. Memorial services were March 8, 2014, at Faith Christian Family Church, with Pastor David Swann officiating. Stanley was born Dec. 20, 1936, to Weldy C. and E
- Scott Anthony Granson Scott Anthony Granson, 51, Kokomo, passed away at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014. He was born July 14, 1962, in Kokomo, to Richard "Dick" P. Granson and Olympia "Jo" A. (Stefan) Granson. He graduated in 1981 from Kokomo High School. He had worked fo
- Jerolyn 'Jeri' Ruth Blessing Jerolyn "Jeri" Ruth Blessing, 80, Kokomo, was ushered into the presence of her Lord and Savior on Friday, March 7, 2014. She was born May 12, 1933, in Tipton Township, Cass County, to Benjamin C. and Ruth Lois (Cotterman) Couch. On March 19, 1977, sh
- J. William Crouch Long-time Colorado automobile dealer, Bill Crouch of Cherry Hills Village and formerly of Tipton, passed away Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014, in La Quinta, Calif., where he spent the winter months. Graveside services will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday at Fairvie
- More Obituaries Headlines