Tina V. Schmidlin
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin, 86, passed away at 3:15 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, in Greer, S.C. She was born Nov. 28, 1926, to the late Harry and Clema (Woodruff) Nutter in Kokomo, where she was raised with her brother and sister.
During their middle and high school years, they formed a band known as the Kokomo Hot Shots and performed throughout the Midwest for special occasions and on a daily radio show before going to school each day.
She was a graduate of Kokomo High School and was then employed by Indiana Bell Telephone Co. as a district clerk for the mid-state territory.
On April 8, 1946, she married her high school sweetheart, Henry Schmidlin, after his discharge from the U.S. Navy. Upon the birth of her first child in 1953, she terminated her employment and became a loving and caring wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, with true love for all.
She had been a resident of Warsaw since 1979 and worked a few years as a teller for First National Bank. She was co-owner with her husband of Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream stores in Warsaw and Plymouth, as well as the former convenience store on East Center Street.
She was a member of Otterbein United Methodist Church, Atwood.
In addition to her husband, Henry, she is survived by a daughter, Caryn (Bobby) Scott, Greer, S.C.; a son, David (Verna), Greer, S.C.; six grandchildren, Crystal (Ryan) Finney of Greenville, S.C., Brent Schmidlin, Warsaw, John Schmidlin, North Vernon, Amanda (LaMichael) Wade, Fort Bragg, N.C., Samantha (Caleb) Jones, Greer, S.C., and Ryan (Mandi) Scott, Huntington; eight grandchildren, Autumn, Morgan, Madeline, Jacob, Sophia Finney, Jaden Jones, Conner Scott and Jennelle Scott; four stepgrandchildren, Shana Scott, Rob Scott, Corey Schmidlin and Kyle Wiskotoni; and five stepgreat-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at Grace & Zoar United Methodist Church, Greer, S.C. Burial will follow in M.J. Dolly Cooper Veterans Cemetery.
The Palmetto Mortuary, Greenville, S.C., is in charge of arrangements.
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin
- Master Chief Jackie L. Keller Sr., U.S.N. Ret. Master Chief Jackie L. Keller, 78, slipped his earthly moorings, weighed anchor and set sail on his final voyage. His family and friends wish him fair winds and a following sea enroute to his last port of call. Jack was born Oct. 15, 1935, to the lat
- Funeral listings, Dec. 4, 2013 Fenimore, Roderick "Rod" L., services are at 10 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru. Zehring, Marcella, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Hasler-Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown. Siders, Gary "Rex," the funeral is 1 p.m. today
- Frederick 'Fred' J. Bennett Frederick "Fred" J. Bennett, 58, Flora, passed away at 4:57 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. He was born on Oct. 16, 1955, in Danville, Ill., to Floyd James and Rose (Arnold) Bennett. On April 20, 1992, Fred married
- Emma M. Amthauer Emma M. Amthauer, 88, formerly of Walton, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Woodbridge Health Care Center in Logansport. She was born June 19, 1925, in Manson (Clinton County), the daughter of Roy and Emma M. (Swope) Wilson. On June 14, 1953, in
- Merlyn 'Pat' E. Wallace Merlyn "Pat" E. Wallace, 84, Fort Myers, Fla., passed away Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, at his residence. He was born Sept. 9, 1929, in Trinidad, Colo., a son of Merlyn and Mary Sandifur Wallace. Pat served his country in Korea and was honorably discharg
- John F. Yentes John F. Yentes, better known as "Johnny Y," Peru, passed to his eternal rest Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at his residence. Visitation will be 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral hom
- John Richard Russell John Richard Russell, 84, Oakford, passed away at 10:34 a.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at his residence. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to noon Friday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Services will follow at noon, also at th
- Jerry W. Coleman Jerry W. Coleman, 65, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, in Indianapolis. A memorial service will be held at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at House of Prayer, 8125 Rawles Ave., Indianapolis. Indiana Funeral Care is in charge of arrangements. Jerry W. Coleman
- Monzetta J. (Moss) 'Monie' Irestone Irestone, Monzetta J. (Moss) "Monie" of Jackson, Mich., passed away on Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, under the loving care of her family and the compassionate staff of Allegiance Hospice after fighting a courageous battle with pancreatic cancer. She was 8
- Funeral listings, Dec. 3, 2013 Miller, Louise Hall, funeral Mass is 10 a.m. today at St. James Catholic Church, Arlington Heights, Ill. Rose, David E., services are 11 a.m. today at Kroeger Funeral Home 711 E. Market St., Logansport. Hallam, Constance "Connie", services are noon t
- More Obituaries Headlines