Tina V. Schmidlin
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin, 86, passed away at 3:15 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, in Greer, S.C. She was born Nov. 28, 1926, to the late Harry and Clema (Woodruff) Nutter in Kokomo, where she was raised with her brother and sister.
During their middle and high school years, they formed a band known as the Kokomo Hot Shots and performed throughout the Midwest for special occasions and on a daily radio show before going to school each day.
She was a graduate of Kokomo High School and was then employed by Indiana Bell Telephone Co. as a district clerk for the mid-state territory.
On April 8, 1946, she married her high school sweetheart, Henry Schmidlin, after his discharge from the U.S. Navy. Upon the birth of her first child in 1953, she terminated her employment and became a loving and caring wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, with true love for all.
She had been a resident of Warsaw since 1979 and worked a few years as a teller for First National Bank. She was co-owner with her husband of Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream stores in Warsaw and Plymouth, as well as the former convenience store on East Center Street.
She was a member of Otterbein United Methodist Church, Atwood.
In addition to her husband, Henry, she is survived by a daughter, Caryn (Bobby) Scott, Greer, S.C.; a son, David (Verna), Greer, S.C.; six grandchildren, Crystal (Ryan) Finney of Greenville, S.C., Brent Schmidlin, Warsaw, John Schmidlin, North Vernon, Amanda (LaMichael) Wade, Fort Bragg, N.C., Samantha (Caleb) Jones, Greer, S.C., and Ryan (Mandi) Scott, Huntington; eight grandchildren, Autumn, Morgan, Madeline, Jacob, Sophia Finney, Jaden Jones, Conner Scott and Jennelle Scott; four stepgrandchildren, Shana Scott, Rob Scott, Corey Schmidlin and Kyle Wiskotoni; and five stepgreat-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at Grace & Zoar United Methodist Church, Greer, S.C. Burial will follow in M.J. Dolly Cooper Veterans Cemetery.
The Palmetto Mortuary, Greenville, S.C., is in charge of arrangements.
Nov. 28, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Tina V. Schmidlin
- Shirley A. Water Shirley A. Water, 68, Kokomo, died at 2:15 a.m. Friday, March7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home. Shirley A. Water
- Robert E. Hill Robert E. Hill, 93, Kokomo, died at 4:47 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. He was born April 20, 1920, near Greentown. His parents were Raymond Issac and Susie G. (Synder) Hill, both deceased. He and June E. Brown w
- Herbert Ford Herbert Ford, 73, Walton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014, in Cass County due to injuries sustained in an automobile accident. Per Herbert's wishes, there will be no services. Hartzler-Clapper Funeral Home of Brookston is entrusted with care. Share mem
- Lula M. Davis Lula M. Davis, 77, Tipton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at Riverview Hospital, Noblesville. Visitation is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. the same da
- Mary Louise Newby Mary Louise Newby, 85, died at 5:56 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at North Woods Village. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at New London Friends Church, 2104 S. 766 West, Russiaville. Burial will follow at New London Ceme
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, Kokomo, died at 4:34 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Servi
- Jerolyn R. Blessing Jerolyn R. Blessing, 80, Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Jerolyn R. Blessing
- Funerals Rogers, Stephen P. II, a celebration of life is 11 a.m. today at Paw Paw United Methodist Church, 7712 N. Paw Paw Pike, Denver. Amsbury, Blanche Alma, services are noon today at Leatherman-Morris-Boyer Funeral Home, 314 N. Main St., Tipton. Bauer, Ka
- Blanche Alma Amsbury Blanche Alma Amsbury, 97, Tipton, passed away at 7:02 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at Community Parkview Care Center in Elwood. She was born Aug. 19, 1916, in Tipton County to George and Mary (Clark) Davis. Blanche married Clarence Amsbury Jan. 15,
- Eva N. Gamrath Eva N. Gamrath, 87, passed away at 2:52 p.m. Monday, March 3, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born the daughter of Fred and Wilma (Maddock) Erfcamp on April 20, 1926, in Howard County. She married Robert Gamrath in 1975, and he pre
- More Obituaries Headlines