Danny Wayne Gross, 49, Kokomo, passed away Sunday, March 24, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 7, 1963, to Sally (Michell) Kelly and Dave Gross. On June 4, 1994, he married Melissa Gail Reagle at the home of Melissa’s parents, Larry and Jackie Scott, in Kokomo.
Danny graduated from Tipton High School in 1983 and went on to serve in the Army National Guard out of Kempton from 1982 to 1989. He then served with the United States Army from 1989 to 1993, during which time he was stationed in Korea from 1991 to 1992. Danny then finished his military career with the National Guard and retired as staff sergeant with 20½ years of service in 2002.
In his civilian life, he worked for Pete’s Excavating from 1986 to 1997 and then Chrysler from November of 1997 until retiring in August 2011.
Danny’s memberships included Local Labor Union 274, UAW Local 685, a lifetime member of VFW 8035, former member of the Military Rites Team, former member and trustee of Westside Baptist Church of Kokomo, former associate member of the Howard County Women’s Democratic Club, and a member of Solid Rock Ministries.
Danny enjoyed spending time with his grandkids and watching his grandson, Anton, at his karate tournaments and playing baseball. Danny was an avid golfer, spending most of his time playing at Chippendale Golf Course, where he had two holes-in-one. He also loved to take Anton with him and teach him the ways of golf. In addition to golf, Danny enjoyed playing softball, basketball and bowling.
At the end of Danny’s days, nothing meant more to him then to have his grandbabies playing and running around the house.
Danny is survived by his wife, Melissa Gross; daughter, Stephanie (Matt) Fewell; son, Patrick Corwin; grandsons Anton Fewell, Orion Dillman and Kristopher Bryan; granddaughters Sarah and Liberty; mother, Sally Kelly and stepfather, Max Kelly; mother-in-law, Jackie Scott; sisters, Davina (Frank) Burns, Kathy Jo Gross, and Renee (Mike) Grimme; brother, Virgil (LouAnn) Gross. Some special people in Danny’s life were his in-laws, Larry and Jackie Scott, Kay (Mamma Kay) and Bill Barclay, Melody (Barclay) and Rob West and their kids, Sadie, Jessie and Sara, Melissa (Barclay) Socher and her kids, and Marilee and Jeff King.
He was preceded in death by his father, Dave Gross, and father-in-law, Larry J Scott.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Tony Manis officiating. Military rites will be provided by the U.S. Army and the Kokomo VFW Military Rites Team. Private entombment will take place at a later time in Sunset Memory Garden Mausoleum. Friends may visit with the family from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to Shirley & Stout Funeral Home to help the family offset expenses. Messages of condolence may be submitted at shirleyandstout.com.
Oct. 7, 1963 - March 24, 2013
- Phillip 'Phil' E. Fernung Phillip "Phil" E. Fernung, 70, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Fairmont Rehabilitation Center in Kokomo. He was born March 5, 1944, to Ernest and Madella (Sellers) Fernung in Kokomo. Phil grew up on a farm, and deeply respected both
- Funerals listings, April 16, 2014 Corradi, James Joseph, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E. Horoho, Ernest "Pete," services are 11 a.m. today at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown. Rivera, Seferina D., services
- Rose Marie (Ramey) Brown Rose Marie (Ramey) Brown, 54, escaped her earthly struggles and passed into Paradise Wednesday, April 2, 2014. A wonderful wife, sister, mother, mother-in-law, proud grandmother of her 12 grandchildren, civil engineering graduate, and faithful frien
- Angeline Hanna Fife Angeline Hanna Fife, 91, formerly of Flora, died at 12:35 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Golden Living Healthcare-Kokomo. She was born April 2, 1923, in Burnettsville, to the late Homer and Faye Johnsonbaugh Hanna. Her marriage was to Donald E. Fif
- Roy Leslie Kinsey Roy Leslie Kinsey, 97, North Manchester, died at 12:33 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Peabody Healthcare Center in North Manchester. He was born May 25, 1916, in Claypool, to Harry and Mabel (Bowen) Kinsey. Roy was a 1934 graduate of Claypool High
- Ronald J. 'Nick' Nickels Ronald J. "Nick" Nickels, 70, Kokomo, died at 9:30 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born Aug. 20, 1943, in Logansport, the son of Ivan and Louise (Conn) Nickels. On Feb. 4, 1967, he married Judy Tyler, who preceded him in death Oct. 3
- Glenda Joy Kessler Glenda Joy Kessler passed away Saturday, April 12, 2014, after a blessedly short battle with Alzheimer's ending with a stroke. She touched many lives with her gentle spirit and Christian outlook on life. Glenda was born at home in Stillwater, Okla.,
- Dena M. Morris Dena M. Morris, 95, passed away Monday, April 14, 2014, in Kokomo. Arrangements are pending at Porter Funeral Home in Tipton. Dena M. Morris
- Diane Mitchell Coffman Diane Mitchell Coffman, 68, Kokomo, passed away Friday, April 11, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 9, 1945, in London, England, to Mark and Dorothy (Banbury) McCain. She retired from Delco. Survivors include her two children, Mark Coffman and his
- Scott K. Van Sickel Scott K. Van Sickel, 60, Lafayette, formerly of Kokomo and Morton, Ill., passed away at 7:10 a.m. Thursday, April 10, 2014, at St. Elizabeth East Hospital. He was born the son of L.K. and Maxine Van Sickel on Jan. 1, 1954, in Berwyn, Ill. Scott was a
- More Obituaries Headlines