Danny Wayne Gross, 49, Kokomo, passed away Sunday, March 24, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 7, 1963, to Sally (Michell) Kelly and Dave Gross. On June 4, 1994, he married Melissa Gail Reagle at the home of Melissa’s parents, Larry and Jackie Scott, in Kokomo.
Danny graduated from Tipton High School in 1983 and went on to serve in the Army National Guard out of Kempton from 1982 to 1989. He then served with the United States Army from 1989 to 1993, during which time he was stationed in Korea from 1991 to 1992. Danny then finished his military career with the National Guard and retired as staff sergeant with 20½ years of service in 2002.
In his civilian life, he worked for Pete’s Excavating from 1986 to 1997 and then Chrysler from November of 1997 until retiring in August 2011.
Danny’s memberships included Local Labor Union 274, UAW Local 685, a lifetime member of VFW 8035, former member of the Military Rites Team, former member and trustee of Westside Baptist Church of Kokomo, former associate member of the Howard County Women’s Democratic Club, and a member of Solid Rock Ministries.
Danny enjoyed spending time with his grandkids and watching his grandson, Anton, at his karate tournaments and playing baseball. Danny was an avid golfer, spending most of his time playing at Chippendale Golf Course, where he had two holes-in-one. He also loved to take Anton with him and teach him the ways of golf. In addition to golf, Danny enjoyed playing softball, basketball and bowling.
At the end of Danny’s days, nothing meant more to him then to have his grandbabies playing and running around the house.
Danny is survived by his wife, Melissa Gross; daughter, Stephanie (Matt) Fewell; son, Patrick Corwin; grandsons Anton Fewell, Orion Dillman and Kristopher Bryan; granddaughters Sarah and Liberty; mother, Sally Kelly and stepfather, Max Kelly; mother-in-law, Jackie Scott; sisters, Davina (Frank) Burns, Kathy Jo Gross, and Renee (Mike) Grimme; brother, Virgil (LouAnn) Gross. Some special people in Danny’s life were his in-laws, Larry and Jackie Scott, Kay (Mamma Kay) and Bill Barclay, Melody (Barclay) and Rob West and their kids, Sadie, Jessie and Sara, Melissa (Barclay) Socher and her kids, and Marilee and Jeff King.
He was preceded in death by his father, Dave Gross, and father-in-law, Larry J Scott.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Tony Manis officiating. Military rites will be provided by the U.S. Army and the Kokomo VFW Military Rites Team. Private entombment will take place at a later time in Sunset Memory Garden Mausoleum. Friends may visit with the family from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to Shirley & Stout Funeral Home to help the family offset expenses. Messages of condolence may be submitted at shirleyandstout.com.
Oct. 7, 1963 - March 24, 2013
- Harold Wayne Hodson Harold Wayne Hodson, 80, Kokomo, passed away at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. He was born Aug. 30, 1933, in Kokomo, to the late Harold G. Hodson and Vera Agnes (Hudson) Hodson. On Nov. 6, 1977, in Greentown, he married Betty L. (
- Funeral listings, July 28, 2014 Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Madison, Metanya Marie, graveside services are 1 p.m. today at Sunse
- Rita K. Mote Rita K. Mote, 85, Kokomo, died at 3:51 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Feb. 10, 1929, in Tipton, the daughter of Elmer J. and Marie C. (Langley) Letsinger. On July 3, 1960, she married Charles O. “Bud”
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, Greentown, died on Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Health Care. Arrangements are pending at Hasler-Stout Funeral Home in Greentown.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. July 21, 2014. Owen was 6 pounds exactly, 19 and one-half inches long, with a head full of hair, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born to James Harley and Rheadawn Nichole Davis (Dobbs).Surviving family include his
- Funeral services, July 27, 2014 Green, Cheryl Ann Rose, services are noon today at Serenity Hills Homestead in Spencer.Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. Monday at Flowers-Leed
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo, formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, June 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo. Arrangements are pending at Dunnichay Funeral Home in Elwood.
- John William Metcalf John William Metcalf, 82, Kokomo, went to his heavenly home at 10:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born on July 30, 1931, in Howard County, to Harry Russell and Mildred Josephine (Scott) Metcalf. On Dec. 19, 1951, John ma
- Linda L. Jackson Linda L. Jackson, 71, Russiaville, passed away at 4 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born on March 25, 1943, in Kokomo, to Eldon and Bernice (Hawk) Welcher. On Sept. 15, 1962, Linda married Raymond A. J
- Francis E. Knox Francis E. Knox, 84, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home.
- More Obituaries Headlines