Nov. 26, 1935 - April 17, 2013
Evelyn L. “Sis” Armstrong, 77, passed away Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne.
She was born in Tipton. Evelyn worked as a R.N. with General Electric for more than 20 years, retiring in 1999. She was a member of St. Vincent dePaul Catholic Church. She loved her family and faith and her flower gardens.
Surviving are her husband, Samuel B. Armstrong; sons, Michael (Angela) Armstrong of Columbia City, and Eric (Mickey) Armstrong of Fort Worth, TX; daughters, Michele (Michael) Bailey of Fort Wayne, Beth (Dan) Garman of Butler, Becky (C.J.) Graf and Lori (Tom) Gomez both of Fort Wayne; 17 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren; brothers, Bud Henry of Tipton, Rich Henry of Florida and Fred (Dee) Henry of Tipton; sister, Judy (Steve) Tansy of Tipton; and sister-in-law, Charlene Henry of Tipton.
Evelyn was preceded in death by her parents Harold G. Henry and Nina K. Henry, and brother, Ed Henry.
Mass of Christian Burial is Monday, 10:30 a.m. at St. Vincent dePaul Catholic Church with calling one hour prior. Fr. Polycarp Fernando officiating. Calling will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. with the Rosary at 3:30 p.m. at D.O. McComb and Sons Pine Valley Park Funeral Home, 1320 East Dupont Road. Burial in Catholic Cemetery. Fort Wayne, Ind.
Memorials may be made to the St. Mary’s Soup Kitchen, Leader Dog School for the Blind, Rochester Michigan or Masses.
To sign the online guest book, go to www.mccombandsons.com
Nov. 26, 1935 - April 17, 2013
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 26, 1930, to Henry R. and Ruby Lee Wynn Sr., in Phoenix City, Ala. She worked as a nurse's aide at St. Joseph Hospital, retiring in 199
- Funeral listings, March 12, 2014 Eckart, Florence Lee, services are 10 a.m. today at New Life Church, 1803 E. Vaile Ave., Kokomo. Blessing, Jerolyn "Jeri" Ruth, services are 11 a.m. today at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Pells, Lowell E., services are at 1 p.m. today at Marion
- Francis Marion Fulk Francis Marion Fulk, 85, Russiaville, passed away at 1:21 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, surrounded by his family at home. Born March 27, 1928, in Jasonville, to Robert and Edith (Brinson) Fulk, he was the fifth of six children. On Sept. 16, 1948, Franc
- William E. 'Bill' Hodson William E. "Bill" Hodson, 72, Michigantown, passed away at 5:30 a.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, at North Woods Village in Kokomo. He was born in Kokomo on June 30, 1941, to Harold George and Vera (Hudson) Hodson. He was formerly married to Mary Katherine
- Donald R. Dutton Donald R. Dutton, 78, Inverness, Fla., died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home, under the loving care of his family and Hospice of Citrus County. Donald was born Nov. 26, 1935, in Boons Camp, Ky., the son of Bill and Gypsie Dutton. He served in the U
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, went to be with the Lord Saturday, March 8, 2014. Gloria was born in Kokomo on April 14, 1935, to William and Reta (Horton) Brown. It was on Jan. 8, 1953, that Gloria married her longtime sweetheart, Jerry McQuiston. Last ye
- William R. 'Bill' Smith William R. "Bill" Smith, 71, Tipton, died Monday evening, Jan. 6, 2014, at his residence. A memorial service for Bill will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with the Rev. Rex Dunning presiding. Visitation will be from noon
- Evelyn J. 'Grandma Evie' Yohn Evelyn J. "Grandma Evie" Yohn, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9:55 p.m. Monday, March 10, 2014, at North Woods Village. She was born on Oct. 27, 1926, in Kokomo to the late Carl and Margaret (McKee) Earlywine. She married Orville Forest Yohn Jr. on Dec.
- Paul R. Willis Paul R. Willis, 79, Kokomo, passed away peacefully Feb. 27, 2014, at North Woods Village. He was born Dec. 24, 1934, to John and Jennie (Grabell) Willis in Lee County, Va. On July 3, 1954, in Middlesboro, Ky., he married Jane A. Hill, who survives. P
- John M. Cornell Sr. John M. Cornell Sr., 73, Galveston, passed away Monday morning, March 10, 2014, at his home in Galveston. He was born May 4, 1940, in Kokomo to Wendell W. and Ruth E. (Millet) Cornell. On June 29, 1963, he married Ruth (Shoffner) Cornell in Kokomo an
- More Obituaries Headlines