Nov. 26, 1935 - April 17, 2013
Evelyn L. “Sis” Armstrong, 77, passed away Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne.
She was born in Tipton. Evelyn worked as a R.N. with General Electric for more than 20 years, retiring in 1999. She was a member of St. Vincent dePaul Catholic Church. She loved her family and faith and her flower gardens.
Surviving are her husband, Samuel B. Armstrong; sons, Michael (Angela) Armstrong of Columbia City, and Eric (Mickey) Armstrong of Fort Worth, TX; daughters, Michele (Michael) Bailey of Fort Wayne, Beth (Dan) Garman of Butler, Becky (C.J.) Graf and Lori (Tom) Gomez both of Fort Wayne; 17 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren; brothers, Bud Henry of Tipton, Rich Henry of Florida and Fred (Dee) Henry of Tipton; sister, Judy (Steve) Tansy of Tipton; and sister-in-law, Charlene Henry of Tipton.
Evelyn was preceded in death by her parents Harold G. Henry and Nina K. Henry, and brother, Ed Henry.
Mass of Christian Burial is Monday, 10:30 a.m. at St. Vincent dePaul Catholic Church with calling one hour prior. Fr. Polycarp Fernando officiating. Calling will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. with the Rosary at 3:30 p.m. at D.O. McComb and Sons Pine Valley Park Funeral Home, 1320 East Dupont Road. Burial in Catholic Cemetery. Fort Wayne, Ind.
Memorials may be made to the St. Mary’s Soup Kitchen, Leader Dog School for the Blind, Rochester Michigan or Masses.
To sign the online guest book, go to www.mccombandsons.com
Nov. 26, 1935 - April 17, 2013
- Janetta Dale Pearson Janetta Dale Pearson, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 4:10 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, in St. Joseph's Hospital, Kokomo. Born Jan. 28, 1936 in Mount Carmel, Ill, she was the daughter of "Dude" and Mary Moore Dudley. She was marri
- Funerals, March 10, 2014 Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Grace United Methodist Church, 219 W. Mulberry St. Harner, John T. "Dutch," servic
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- More Obituaries Headlines