Nov. 26, 1935 - April 17, 2013
Evelyn L. “Sis” Armstrong, 77, passed away Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne.
She was born in Tipton. Evelyn worked as a R.N. with General Electric for more than 20 years, retiring in 1999. She was a member of St. Vincent dePaul Catholic Church. She loved her family and faith and her flower gardens.
Surviving are her husband, Samuel B. Armstrong; sons, Michael (Angela) Armstrong of Columbia City, and Eric (Mickey) Armstrong of Fort Worth, TX; daughters, Michele (Michael) Bailey of Fort Wayne, Beth (Dan) Garman of Butler, Becky (C.J.) Graf and Lori (Tom) Gomez both of Fort Wayne; 17 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren; brothers, Bud Henry of Tipton, Rich Henry of Florida and Fred (Dee) Henry of Tipton; sister, Judy (Steve) Tansy of Tipton; and sister-in-law, Charlene Henry of Tipton.
Evelyn was preceded in death by her parents Harold G. Henry and Nina K. Henry, and brother, Ed Henry.
Mass of Christian Burial is Monday, 10:30 a.m. at St. Vincent dePaul Catholic Church with calling one hour prior. Fr. Polycarp Fernando officiating. Calling will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. with the Rosary at 3:30 p.m. at D.O. McComb and Sons Pine Valley Park Funeral Home, 1320 East Dupont Road. Burial in Catholic Cemetery. Fort Wayne, Ind.
Memorials may be made to the St. Mary’s Soup Kitchen, Leader Dog School for the Blind, Rochester Michigan or Masses.
To sign the online guest book, go to www.mccombandsons.com
Nov. 26, 1935 - April 17, 2013
- Frederick Alan Rose Frederick Alan Rose, 61, Kokomo, died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence.Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes and Crematory. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
- Funeral listings, Aug. 22, 2014 Kinzie, Wanda Marie (Hayes), services are 10 a.m. today at Allen Funeral Home, 136 S. Elm St., Bunker Hill. Wright, Carol, funeral service at 2 p.m. today at Genda Funeral Home, 608 N. Main St., Frankfort.Flood, Joseph William Francis Jr., a memorial
- Jerry Devern Nance Jerry Devern Nance, 63, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, in Indianapolis.Family and friends may join us for a celebration of life from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Enter through door 2.The fami
- Delores Skelton Delores Skelton, 77, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in Community Howard Regional Health. Born April 22, 1937, in Logansport, she was the daughter of Charles and Lillian Elizabeth Zech Nethercutt. On
- Shirley Ann Sage Shirley Ann Sage, 77, Converse, passed away Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at Sterling House in Marion, following an extended illness. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Open Door Fellowship Church, Converse, with Pastors Jim Miller and Don R
- Cindi Thompson Cindi Thompson, 59, rural Frankfort, died at 4:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with Pastor Kevin Carr presiding. A private family burial will be held
- Shirley J. Decker Shirley J. Decker, 87, Walton, died early Wednesday morning, Aug. 20, 2014, at her home. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Walton IOOF Cemetery in Walton, with the Rev. Vince Darland officiating. No visitation is planned.Memorial c
- Wayne L. Walker Wayne L. Walker, 64, Tipton, died Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence. He was born July 3, 1950, in Livingston, Tennessee, to Estelene (Walker) Decker.He retired from General Motors, Delphi, in 2009. Wayne was a member of the U.A.W., Tipton Mo
- Barbara 'Bobbie' A. (Reynolds) Jacobs Barbara “Bobbie” A. (Reynolds) Jacobs, 79, passed away at 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at her residence in Kokomo. She was born Jan. 9, 1935, in Des Moines, Iowa. She was the daughter of the late Frank and Hazel (Nicholes) Reynolds. On Sept. 2
- Wilda R Hawk Wilda R. Hawk, 79, died at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug, 21, 2014, in Golden Living Center - Sycamore Village Nursing Home. Services are pending with Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
- More Obituaries Headlines