Nov. 26, 1935 - April 17, 2013
Evelyn L. “Sis” Armstrong, 77, passed away Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne.
She was born in Tipton. Evelyn worked as a R.N. with General Electric for more than 20 years, retiring in 1999. She was a member of St. Vincent dePaul Catholic Church. She loved her family and faith and her flower gardens.
Surviving are her husband, Samuel B. Armstrong; sons, Michael (Angela) Armstrong of Columbia City, and Eric (Mickey) Armstrong of Fort Worth, TX; daughters, Michele (Michael) Bailey of Fort Wayne, Beth (Dan) Garman of Butler, Becky (C.J.) Graf and Lori (Tom) Gomez both of Fort Wayne; 17 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren; brothers, Bud Henry of Tipton, Rich Henry of Florida and Fred (Dee) Henry of Tipton; sister, Judy (Steve) Tansy of Tipton; and sister-in-law, Charlene Henry of Tipton.
Evelyn was preceded in death by her parents Harold G. Henry and Nina K. Henry, and brother, Ed Henry.
Mass of Christian Burial is Monday, 10:30 a.m. at St. Vincent dePaul Catholic Church with calling one hour prior. Fr. Polycarp Fernando officiating. Calling will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. with the Rosary at 3:30 p.m. at D.O. McComb and Sons Pine Valley Park Funeral Home, 1320 East Dupont Road. Burial in Catholic Cemetery. Fort Wayne, Ind.
Memorials may be made to the St. Mary’s Soup Kitchen, Leader Dog School for the Blind, Rochester Michigan or Masses.
To sign the online guest book, go to www.mccombandsons.com
Nov. 26, 1935 - April 17, 2013
- Lois 'Jean' Winslow Lois "Jean" Winslow, 91, Kokomo, passed peacefully from Earth to heaven at 4:50 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Heritage Pointe, Warren, surrounded by her husband, children and granddaughter, Andrea. She was born Sept. 30, 1922, in Kokomo, to Charle
- Funerals Moore, Reta Gail, services are 11 a.m. today at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Boulevard E. Brooks, Thomas Eugene, services are 1 p.m. today at Baker-Abbott Funeral Home, Flora. Monize, Alfred N., services are 1 p.m. today at Hasler &
- Theresa Ann Young Theresa Ann Young, 53, Kokomo, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014, in the emergency room at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born Sept. 18, 1961, in Lima, Ohio, the daughter of Fred Young Jr. and Ruthie Lee Johnson. Theresa was a homemaker and a member o
- Barbara Ellen Eades Barbara Ellen Eades, 81, Greentown, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born July 16, 1932, in Kokomo, to Edgar and Hester (Dillman) Campbell. On Jan. 1, 1955, she married John W. Eades, Sr., and he survives. She had
- R. Kent Floyd R. Kent Floyd, 71, Anderson, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital after a sudden illness. He was born Jan. 3, 1943, in Anderson, the son of Leroy and Dena Mae (Gross) Floyd. Kent was a graduate of Prairie Hig
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
- Gertrude Rogers Gertrude Rogers, 91, Burlington, passed away at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born on May 16, 1922, in Poplarville, Ky., to the late Pete and Nancy (Farmer) Jones. She married her childhood sweethea
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. A service celebrating the life of John Witt Jr. will be at 1 p.m. today at the First Assembly of God, 365 Monroe Ave., Peru, with Pastor D
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette LaVaun "Bonnie" Burnette, 88, Forest, passed away at 8:27 a.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at the home of her niece. She was born on April 25, 1925, in Clinton County to Ray and Ethel M. (Conner) Smith. On Feb. 9, 1946, Bonnie married Fred Burnette and h
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee Elizabeth "Betty" Lee, 54, Kokomo, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- More Obituaries Headlines