Nov. 26, 1935 - April 17, 2013
Evelyn L. “Sis” Armstrong, 77, passed away Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne.
She was born in Tipton. Evelyn worked as a R.N. with General Electric for more than 20 years, retiring in 1999. She was a member of St. Vincent dePaul Catholic Church. She loved her family and faith and her flower gardens.
Surviving are her husband, Samuel B. Armstrong; sons, Michael (Angela) Armstrong of Columbia City, and Eric (Mickey) Armstrong of Fort Worth, TX; daughters, Michele (Michael) Bailey of Fort Wayne, Beth (Dan) Garman of Butler, Becky (C.J.) Graf and Lori (Tom) Gomez both of Fort Wayne; 17 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren; brothers, Bud Henry of Tipton, Rich Henry of Florida and Fred (Dee) Henry of Tipton; sister, Judy (Steve) Tansy of Tipton; and sister-in-law, Charlene Henry of Tipton.
Evelyn was preceded in death by her parents Harold G. Henry and Nina K. Henry, and brother, Ed Henry.
Mass of Christian Burial is Monday, 10:30 a.m. at St. Vincent dePaul Catholic Church with calling one hour prior. Fr. Polycarp Fernando officiating. Calling will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. with the Rosary at 3:30 p.m. at D.O. McComb and Sons Pine Valley Park Funeral Home, 1320 East Dupont Road. Burial in Catholic Cemetery. Fort Wayne, Ind.
Memorials may be made to the St. Mary’s Soup Kitchen, Leader Dog School for the Blind, Rochester Michigan or Masses.
To sign the online guest book, go to www.mccombandsons.com
Nov. 26, 1935 - April 17, 2013
- Beverly Susan 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susan "Susie" Rayl, 84, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, with Pastor Dale Mendenhall officiating. Burial will follow in Sunset Memory Gar
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, Greentown, died at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Honey Creek Missionary Baptist Church, 250 Nashville St., Russiavile with the Rev. Jim Stevenso
- VickyWoodbury Vicky Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbury in K
- Robert Michael Ploss Robert Michael Ploss, 75, Crossville, Tenn., and formerly of Kokomo, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014. He was born Oct. 17, 1938, in Peru, the son of Fritz and Goldie Webster Ploss. He was retired from General Motors in Kokomo, and was a lifetime
- Nora Ethel Duncan Nora Ethel Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014 at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor N
- Funerals Stewart, Elizabeth L., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, 1204 W. 14th St., Marion. Woodbury, Vicky Irene, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Artrip, Brian G., serv
- Vickie Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Robert Boles and Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie is a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, cro
- Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell, 61, Ryland Heights, Ky., passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Fort Thomas, Ky. She was an ordained minister and loved to sing as well as crochet and do needlework. She also loved to spend time with her children and
- Betty Jean Kaiser Betty Jean Kaiser, 81, Cicero, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Riverview Hospital at Noblesville. She was born April 21, 1932, at Cicero, to Ralph and Mary (Johnson) Mayfield. She attended Jackson Central High School. Betty was a homemaker and gre
- Brian G. Artrip Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpected early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attending Ivy Tech S
- More Obituaries Headlines