May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
Russell D. Pine, 71, Kokomo, passed away at 11:28 p.m. Sunday, April 20, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born May 3, 1941, in Kokomo, to the late Russell Louis and Carol E. (Moore) Pine. On April 18, 1963, in Rantoul, Ill., he married H. Sherrie (Huffman), and she survives.
Russell served in the United States Air Force from 1959 until being honorably discharged in 1964. He began his career in September 1959 at Chrysler, retiring in December of 1995 after 36 years of service. He was a repairman and also a supervisor. He then began working at RE/MAX Realty One in 1995 until 1999, and retired from Coldwell Banker, Inc.
He was a member of the U.A.W. 685, American Legion Post 6, Chanute Air Force Base Alumni Association, Indiana Association of Realtors, and Indiana Hall of Fame wrestling. He also was a strong community supporter and was an active high school reunion committee member. He loved his family dearly and also enjoyed golfing and fishing.
Surviving are his wife, H. Sherrie Pine, Kokomo; two daughters and two sons-in-law, Cindie and Mark Hudson, Kokomo, Kim and Steve Dodson, Westfield; three grandchildren, Amanda Hudson, Logan Dodson and Mackenzie Dodson. Also surviving are his five siblings and spouses, Ruthann and Fred Hawkins, Kokomo, Phyllis and Ron Lindley, Kokomo, David and Deb Pine, Walton, Joe and Lillette Pine, Kokomo, Danny and Melody Pine, Winamac. Also surviving are many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Joyce Hoffman.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Chapel Hill Christian Church, 2600 W. Alto Road, with Pastor Steve Allen officiating. Burial will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery with full military honors conducted by the United States Air Force and the Kokomo VFW military rites team. Friends may visit with the family from noon until time of service Thursday at the church.
Memorial contributions may be directed to the Arc of Indiana, 107 N. Pennsylvania St., Suite 800, Indianapolis, IN 46204, envelopes will be provided at the church. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
- Blanche Alma Amsbury Blanche Alma Amsbury, 97, Tipton, passed away at 7:02 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at Community Parkview Care Center in Elwood. She was born Aug. 19, 1916, in Tipton County to George and Mary (Clark) Davis. Blanche married Clarence Amsbury Jan. 15,
- Eva N. Gamrath Eva N. Gamrath, 87, passed away at 2:52 p.m. Monday, March 3, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born the daughter of Fred and Wilma (Maddock) Erfcamp on April 20, 1926, in Howard County. She married Robert Gamrath in 1975, and he pre
- Lula M. Davis Lula M. Davis, 77, Tipton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at Riverview Hospital in Noblesville. Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home in Tipton. Lula M. Davis
- John T. 'Dutch' Harner John T. "Dutch" Harner, 94, Bradenton, Fla., and formerly of Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014, in Bradenton. He was born Aug. 20, 1919, in Shoals, to Frank and Susie M. (Brown) Harner. He served in the United States Army Air Corps during Wo
- Robert 'Bob' E. Huffer Sr. Robert "Bob" E. Huffer Sr., 63, Sharpsville, passed away at 10:55 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at Indiana University Health Tipton Hospital, Tipton. He was born Dec. 1, 1950, in Kokomo, to the late Ralph and Polly (Calhoun) Huffer. Bob graduated fr
- Funerals Babb, A. Pauline, services are 10:30 a.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Lucas, James "Jim" E. Sr., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. Collins, Lucille I., services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mo
- Robert E. Hill Robert E. Hill, 93, Kokomo, died at 4:47 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Grace United Methodist Church, 219 W. Mulberry St., with Dr. Mark Hill officiating along with
- Katherine S. 'Kitty' Wright Bauer Katherine S. "Kitty" Wright Bauer, 61, Speedway, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014. She was born June 10, 1952, in Kokomo, to the late Gordon and Lois Jean (Gross) Wright Jr. Kitty was a graduate of Northwestern High School and Indiana University. K
- Lois J. Augustine Lois J. Augustine, 77, Kokomo, died at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 4, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 16, 1936, in Kokomo, the daughter of Raymond Reed and Dorothy M. (Lynas) McClelland. On Aug. 10, 1957, in Kokomo, she married Coleman M. Augustine
- Mary Bonnie Ailor Mary Bonnie Ailor, 95, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 1, 2014, at her home. She was born Aug. 10, 1918, in Andersonville, Tenn., to Peter and Malinda (Ford) Melton. On Nov. 27, 1936, she married Milton Ailor, and he preceded her in death Sept. 2
- More Obituaries Headlines