May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
Russell D. Pine, 71, Kokomo, passed away at 11:28 p.m. Sunday, April 20, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born May 3, 1941, in Kokomo, to the late Russell Louis and Carol E. (Moore) Pine. On April 18, 1963, in Rantoul, Ill., he married H. Sherrie (Huffman), and she survives.
Russell served in the United States Air Force from 1959 until being honorably discharged in 1964. He began his career in September 1959 at Chrysler, retiring in December of 1995 after 36 years of service. He was a repairman and also a supervisor. He then began working at RE/MAX Realty One in 1995 until 1999, and retired from Coldwell Banker, Inc.
He was a member of the U.A.W. 685, American Legion Post 6, Chanute Air Force Base Alumni Association, Indiana Association of Realtors, and Indiana Hall of Fame wrestling. He also was a strong community supporter and was an active high school reunion committee member. He loved his family dearly and also enjoyed golfing and fishing.
Surviving are his wife, H. Sherrie Pine, Kokomo; two daughters and two sons-in-law, Cindie and Mark Hudson, Kokomo, Kim and Steve Dodson, Westfield; three grandchildren, Amanda Hudson, Logan Dodson and Mackenzie Dodson. Also surviving are his five siblings and spouses, Ruthann and Fred Hawkins, Kokomo, Phyllis and Ron Lindley, Kokomo, David and Deb Pine, Walton, Joe and Lillette Pine, Kokomo, Danny and Melody Pine, Winamac. Also surviving are many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Joyce Hoffman.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Chapel Hill Christian Church, 2600 W. Alto Road, with Pastor Steve Allen officiating. Burial will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery with full military honors conducted by the United States Air Force and the Kokomo VFW military rites team. Friends may visit with the family from noon until time of service Thursday at the church.
Memorial contributions may be directed to the Arc of Indiana, 107 N. Pennsylvania St., Suite 800, Indianapolis, IN 46204, envelopes will be provided at the church. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
- Carroll Ray 'C.R.' Bill Taylor Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill Taylor, 82, Kokomo, passed away early Monday morning, July 21, 2014, at Community North Hospital in Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 23, 1931, in Heber Springs, Arkansas, to William Andrew and Polly Ann (Adkins) Taylor. He marri
- Elizabeth Reid Yohe Elizabeth Reid Yohe, 83, Newburgh, passed away Wednesday, July 16, 2014, at her home. She was born Jan. 15, 1931, in Norristown, Pennsylvania, to the late Raymond C. and Marian J. Reid. Elizabeth was preceded in death by her husband of 57 years, Jame
- Marjorie L. Barber Marjorie L. Barber, 95, Burlington, passed away at 5:48 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at North Woods Village. She was born June 2, 1919, in Carroll County, to Ockle G. and Edith May (Quinn) Barber.Marjorie was a member of Burlington Church of Christ, w
- Tyler Thomas Wright Tyler Thomas Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014. He was born May 14, 1991, in Howard County, to Timothy Edward and Karen Dee (Ebeling) Wright.A 2010 graduate of Rossville High School, Tyler worked on the family farm with his dad as
- Funeral listings, July 22, 2014 Hoover, Kristy Kay, services are 10 a.m. today at St. John’s United Church of Christ, Boonville.Barker, Florence A. “Flossie,” services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Brauneller, Richard L. “Dick”, services
- Crystal M. Stover Crystal M. Stover, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Bringhurst, Carroll County, passed away at 11:46 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014, at Kindred Health Care. Crystal was born on Dec. 31, 1935, in Kansas, to the late Cyril and Edith (Abel) Wood. She married David S
- Charles M. 'Dink' Cloum Sr. Charles M. ‘Dink’ Cloum Sr., 71, formerly of Kokomo, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, in Wilmington, North Carolina. He was born the son of Elias and Bernice Cloum on July 21, 1942, in Monroe, Michigan.He is survived by his children, Jeffrey Cloum,
- M. Frances Edwards M. Frances Edwards, 67, Springport, passed away at 2:46 p.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, at Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana. She was born April 21, 1947, in Little Rock, Arkansas, to the late TG and Lois (Bunton) Dodd. On Jan.
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis.Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Mike Ennis officiati
- Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins A celebration kicked off at 4 a.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, in Heaven when Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins arrived on the Streets of Gold. Mable was born Sept. 24, 1939, in Kokomo, to the late Roy and Helena J. Welcher. Her marriage to George B. Huskins,
- More Obituaries Headlines