May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
Russell D. Pine, 71, Kokomo, passed away at 11:28 p.m. Sunday, April 20, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born May 3, 1941, in Kokomo, to the late Russell Louis and Carol E. (Moore) Pine. On April 18, 1963, in Rantoul, Ill., he married H. Sherrie (Huffman), and she survives.
Russell served in the United States Air Force from 1959 until being honorably discharged in 1964. He began his career in September 1959 at Chrysler, retiring in December of 1995 after 36 years of service. He was a repairman and also a supervisor. He then began working at RE/MAX Realty One in 1995 until 1999, and retired from Coldwell Banker, Inc.
He was a member of the U.A.W. 685, American Legion Post 6, Chanute Air Force Base Alumni Association, Indiana Association of Realtors, and Indiana Hall of Fame wrestling. He also was a strong community supporter and was an active high school reunion committee member. He loved his family dearly and also enjoyed golfing and fishing.
Surviving are his wife, H. Sherrie Pine, Kokomo; two daughters and two sons-in-law, Cindie and Mark Hudson, Kokomo, Kim and Steve Dodson, Westfield; three grandchildren, Amanda Hudson, Logan Dodson and Mackenzie Dodson. Also surviving are his five siblings and spouses, Ruthann and Fred Hawkins, Kokomo, Phyllis and Ron Lindley, Kokomo, David and Deb Pine, Walton, Joe and Lillette Pine, Kokomo, Danny and Melody Pine, Winamac. Also surviving are many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Joyce Hoffman.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Chapel Hill Christian Church, 2600 W. Alto Road, with Pastor Steve Allen officiating. Burial will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery with full military honors conducted by the United States Air Force and the Kokomo VFW military rites team. Friends may visit with the family from noon until time of service Thursday at the church.
Memorial contributions may be directed to the Arc of Indiana, 107 N. Pennsylvania St., Suite 800, Indianapolis, IN 46204, envelopes will be provided at the church. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 26, 1930, to Henry R. and Ruby Lee Wynn Sr., in Phoenix City, Ala. She worked as a nurse's aide at St. Joseph Hospital, retiring in 199
- Funeral listings, March 12, 2014 Eckart, Florence Lee, services are 10 a.m. today at New Life Church, 1803 E. Vaile Ave., Kokomo. Blessing, Jerolyn "Jeri" Ruth, services are 11 a.m. today at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Pells, Lowell E., services are at 1 p.m. today at Marion
- Francis Marion Fulk Francis Marion Fulk, 85, Russiaville, passed away at 1:21 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, surrounded by his family at home. Born March 27, 1928, in Jasonville, to Robert and Edith (Brinson) Fulk, he was the fifth of six children. On Sept. 16, 1948, Franc
- William E. 'Bill' Hodson William E. "Bill" Hodson, 72, Michigantown, passed away at 5:30 a.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, at North Woods Village in Kokomo. He was born in Kokomo on June 30, 1941, to Harold George and Vera (Hudson) Hodson. He was formerly married to Mary Katherine
- Donald R. Dutton Donald R. Dutton, 78, Inverness, Fla., died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home, under the loving care of his family and Hospice of Citrus County. Donald was born Nov. 26, 1935, in Boons Camp, Ky., the son of Bill and Gypsie Dutton. He served in the U
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, went to be with the Lord Saturday, March 8, 2014. Gloria was born in Kokomo on April 14, 1935, to William and Reta (Horton) Brown. It was on Jan. 8, 1953, that Gloria married her longtime sweetheart, Jerry McQuiston. Last ye
- William R. 'Bill' Smith William R. "Bill" Smith, 71, Tipton, died Monday evening, Jan. 6, 2014, at his residence. A memorial service for Bill will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with the Rev. Rex Dunning presiding. Visitation will be from noon
- Evelyn J. 'Grandma Evie' Yohn Evelyn J. "Grandma Evie" Yohn, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9:55 p.m. Monday, March 10, 2014, at North Woods Village. She was born on Oct. 27, 1926, in Kokomo to the late Carl and Margaret (McKee) Earlywine. She married Orville Forest Yohn Jr. on Dec.
- Paul R. Willis Paul R. Willis, 79, Kokomo, passed away peacefully Feb. 27, 2014, at North Woods Village. He was born Dec. 24, 1934, to John and Jennie (Grabell) Willis in Lee County, Va. On July 3, 1954, in Middlesboro, Ky., he married Jane A. Hill, who survives. P
- John M. Cornell Sr. John M. Cornell Sr., 73, Galveston, passed away Monday morning, March 10, 2014, at his home in Galveston. He was born May 4, 1940, in Kokomo to Wendell W. and Ruth E. (Millet) Cornell. On June 29, 1963, he married Ruth (Shoffner) Cornell in Kokomo an
- More Obituaries Headlines