May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
Russell D. Pine, 71, Kokomo, passed away at 11:28 p.m. Sunday, April 20, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born May 3, 1941, in Kokomo, to the late Russell Louis and Carol E. (Moore) Pine. On April 18, 1963, in Rantoul, Ill., he married H. Sherrie (Huffman), and she survives.
Russell served in the United States Air Force from 1959 until being honorably discharged in 1964. He began his career in September 1959 at Chrysler, retiring in December of 1995 after 36 years of service. He was a repairman and also a supervisor. He then began working at RE/MAX Realty One in 1995 until 1999, and retired from Coldwell Banker, Inc.
He was a member of the U.A.W. 685, American Legion Post 6, Chanute Air Force Base Alumni Association, Indiana Association of Realtors, and Indiana Hall of Fame wrestling. He also was a strong community supporter and was an active high school reunion committee member. He loved his family dearly and also enjoyed golfing and fishing.
Surviving are his wife, H. Sherrie Pine, Kokomo; two daughters and two sons-in-law, Cindie and Mark Hudson, Kokomo, Kim and Steve Dodson, Westfield; three grandchildren, Amanda Hudson, Logan Dodson and Mackenzie Dodson. Also surviving are his five siblings and spouses, Ruthann and Fred Hawkins, Kokomo, Phyllis and Ron Lindley, Kokomo, David and Deb Pine, Walton, Joe and Lillette Pine, Kokomo, Danny and Melody Pine, Winamac. Also surviving are many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Joyce Hoffman.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Chapel Hill Christian Church, 2600 W. Alto Road, with Pastor Steve Allen officiating. Burial will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery with full military honors conducted by the United States Air Force and the Kokomo VFW military rites team. Friends may visit with the family from noon until time of service Thursday at the church.
Memorial contributions may be directed to the Arc of Indiana, 107 N. Pennsylvania St., Suite 800, Indianapolis, IN 46204, envelopes will be provided at the church. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- Funeral listings, July 29, 2014 Holmes, Imogene R. (Lett), services are 10 a.m. today at West Street Christian Church, Tipton.Jackson, Linda, services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Esslinger, Hassie M., services are 1 p.m. today at Shirl
- Cathy J. Spivey Cathy J. Spivey, 66, Panama City, Florida, and formerly of Elwood, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, surrounded by her loving family, following a brief illness.A celebration of life service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 3
- Frances Juanita Bookwalter Frances Juanita Bookwalter, 93, Peru, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning, July 27, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo, with her loving children by her side.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at McClain Funeral Hom
Helen M. Shultz
Helen M. Shultz, 93, passed away at her residence Friday, July 25, 2014. She was born Sept. 9, 1920, to Raymond and Esther (Wolf) Jackson. They preceded her in death.Helen graduated from Butler High School and married Homer G. “Jake” Shultz on Aug. 3
- Wilma Leach Wilma Leach, Tipton, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor in Tipton.Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare in Greentown. She was born Dec. 21, 1919, to William Raleigh Coverdale and Ethel Jane (Harrison) Coverdale. On Dec. 24, 1939, she married Albert Richey, who preceded h
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. A funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Ellers Mortuary, 3400 S. Webster St., with Pastor Gary Foster officiating. Burial will follow at K
- James E. Young James E. Young, 78, rural Roann, died at 11:37 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, surrounded by his daughters at his residence. He was born Nov. 13, 1935, in Sleepy Hollow, Miami County, the son of Floyd E. and Margaret V. (Miller) Young. He was married N
- Max Bitner Max Bitner, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- More Obituaries Headlines