May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
Russell D. Pine, 71, Kokomo, passed away at 11:28 p.m. Sunday, April 20, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born May 3, 1941, in Kokomo, to the late Russell Louis and Carol E. (Moore) Pine. On April 18, 1963, in Rantoul, Ill., he married H. Sherrie (Huffman), and she survives.
Russell served in the United States Air Force from 1959 until being honorably discharged in 1964. He began his career in September 1959 at Chrysler, retiring in December of 1995 after 36 years of service. He was a repairman and also a supervisor. He then began working at RE/MAX Realty One in 1995 until 1999, and retired from Coldwell Banker, Inc.
He was a member of the U.A.W. 685, American Legion Post 6, Chanute Air Force Base Alumni Association, Indiana Association of Realtors, and Indiana Hall of Fame wrestling. He also was a strong community supporter and was an active high school reunion committee member. He loved his family dearly and also enjoyed golfing and fishing.
Surviving are his wife, H. Sherrie Pine, Kokomo; two daughters and two sons-in-law, Cindie and Mark Hudson, Kokomo, Kim and Steve Dodson, Westfield; three grandchildren, Amanda Hudson, Logan Dodson and Mackenzie Dodson. Also surviving are his five siblings and spouses, Ruthann and Fred Hawkins, Kokomo, Phyllis and Ron Lindley, Kokomo, David and Deb Pine, Walton, Joe and Lillette Pine, Kokomo, Danny and Melody Pine, Winamac. Also surviving are many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Joyce Hoffman.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Chapel Hill Christian Church, 2600 W. Alto Road, with Pastor Steve Allen officiating. Burial will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery with full military honors conducted by the United States Air Force and the Kokomo VFW military rites team. Friends may visit with the family from noon until time of service Thursday at the church.
Memorial contributions may be directed to the Arc of Indiana, 107 N. Pennsylvania St., Suite 800, Indianapolis, IN 46204, envelopes will be provided at the church. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
- Roosevelt Swygert Jr. Roosevelt "BO" Swygert Jr., 76, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013. Roosevelt "BO" Swygert Jr. was born on March 12, 1937, the son of Roosevelt Swygert Sr. and Fannie L. McGee Swygert in Pickens, Ark. He was retired from Chrysler LLC after 30
- Janet Lee Leffert Mrs. Janet Lee Leffert, 80, Walton, passed away at 1:37 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013, at Logansport Memorial Hospital. Born April 12, 1933, in Rochester, she was the daughter of John and Cleda (KiKi) Baldwin. Janet is survived by her husband, Thomas
- Glenna Gay Landrum Glenna Gay Landrum, 48, Wabash, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013, at Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne. She was born Aug. 18, 1965, in Kokomo, to Everett Glen and Shirley Mae (Hopper) Landrum. She loved music. She is survived by her mother, Shirley
- Margaret L. 'Marge' Harrison Margaret L. "Marge" Harrison, 97, went to the Lord Dec. 10, 2013. She was born Nov. 24, 1916, in Peru. She was the daughter of Jacob and Margaret (Radel) Spitznagle. On June 3, 1939, she married Dewey C. Harrison, Kokomo, at St. Charles Catholic Chu
- William F. 'Bill' Croddy William F. "Bill" Croddy, 94, Kokomo, passed away at 8 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. William F. 'Bill' Croddy
- Funeral listings, Dec. 13, 2013 Cochran, Wilma Lee, a Mass of Christian burial is 11 a.m. today at St. Charles Catholic Church, 58 W. Fifth St., Peru. Schurig, James P., services are 11 a.m. today at Shiloh United Methodist Church, 5741 W. 100 North. Edwards, Mary F., a memorial se
- Martha S. Benjamin Martha S. Benjamin, 77, Anderson, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at her daughter's home in Kokomo after a courageous three-and-a-half year battle with brain cancer. She was born Nov. 24, 1936, in Anderson, to Mildred and Cecil Skaggs, and reside
- Paulette E. (Ingbretson) Schoenberger Paulette E. (Ingbretson) Schoenberger, 62, Kokomo, passed away at 2:07 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, in her home. She was born Sept. 16, 1951, in Chicago, to the late Paul and Matilda (Stellrecht) Ingbretson. Paulette graduated from Tremper High Schoo
- Thomas Anthony Ewing Thomas Anthony Ewing, 60, Kokomo, passed away at 2:40 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born Oct. 11, 1953, in Kokomo, to Marianna Ewing. On Aug. 18, 1990, Thomas married Joyce Quillen, and she survives. Thomas was a truck dri
- Roosevelt 'Bo' Swygert Jr. Roosevelt "Bo" Swygert Jr., 76, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013. He was born March 12, 1937, in Pickens, Ark., the son of Roosevelt Swygert Sr. and Fannie L. McGee Swygert. He was employed by Chrysler LLC as a machine operator. He was a me
- More Obituaries Headlines