May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
Russell D. Pine, 71, Kokomo, passed away at 11:28 p.m. Sunday, April 20, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born May 3, 1941, in Kokomo, to the late Russell Louis and Carol E. (Moore) Pine. On April 18, 1963, in Rantoul, Ill., he married H. Sherrie (Huffman), and she survives.
Russell served in the United States Air Force from 1959 until being honorably discharged in 1964. He began his career in September 1959 at Chrysler, retiring in December of 1995 after 36 years of service. He was a repairman and also a supervisor. He then began working at RE/MAX Realty One in 1995 until 1999, and retired from Coldwell Banker, Inc.
He was a member of the U.A.W. 685, American Legion Post 6, Chanute Air Force Base Alumni Association, Indiana Association of Realtors, and Indiana Hall of Fame wrestling. He also was a strong community supporter and was an active high school reunion committee member. He loved his family dearly and also enjoyed golfing and fishing.
Surviving are his wife, H. Sherrie Pine, Kokomo; two daughters and two sons-in-law, Cindie and Mark Hudson, Kokomo, Kim and Steve Dodson, Westfield; three grandchildren, Amanda Hudson, Logan Dodson and Mackenzie Dodson. Also surviving are his five siblings and spouses, Ruthann and Fred Hawkins, Kokomo, Phyllis and Ron Lindley, Kokomo, David and Deb Pine, Walton, Joe and Lillette Pine, Kokomo, Danny and Melody Pine, Winamac. Also surviving are many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Joyce Hoffman.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Chapel Hill Christian Church, 2600 W. Alto Road, with Pastor Steve Allen officiating. Burial will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery with full military honors conducted by the United States Air Force and the Kokomo VFW military rites team. Friends may visit with the family from noon until time of service Thursday at the church.
Memorial contributions may be directed to the Arc of Indiana, 107 N. Pennsylvania St., Suite 800, Indianapolis, IN 46204, envelopes will be provided at the church. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
May 3, 1941 - April 20, 2013
- Jerome Faulkner Doss Dr. Jerome F. Doss died April 12, 2014, in Charlotte, N.C., of Alzheimer's disease. He was born in Memphis, Tenn., on Dec. 17, 1933, the son of William Norman and Sarah Lorena (Simmons) Doss. In 1955, he married Dorothy Ann Carlson, who survives, as
- Funerals, April 15, 2014 Corradi, James Joseph, services are 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E. Horoho, Pete, services are 11 a.m. Wednesday at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown. Rivera, Seferina D., services
- Ernest 'Pete' Horoho Ernest "Pete" Horoho, 85, passed away peacefully from this life at the home of his daughter, while surrounded by loved ones at 8:04 p.m. Thursday, April 10, 2014. Pete was born Dec. 8, 1928, in Blissfield, Mich., to Ernest L. and Garnell (McGraw) Hor
- Nora 'Ethel' Duncan Nora "Ethel" Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away, at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Nora 'Ethel' Duncan
- Aldine (Boyer) Luckey Aldine (Boyer) Luckey, 89, Hacienda Heights, Calif., and formerly of Kokomo, passed away Thursday, April 3, 2014, at her home. Graveside services were April 8, 2014, at Forest Lawn Covina Hill in Covina, Calif. Aldine (Boyer) Luckey
- Mary Doris (Middlesworth) Winegardner Mary Doris (Middlesworth) Winegardner, 95, Greentown, passed away at 9:02 p.m. Wednesday, April 9, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital, Kokomo. She was born May 13, 1918, in Jackson Township, Howard County, to the late John W. and Mabel M. (Golding) Middles
- Preston James Lay April 9, 2014, Preston James Lay went home to be with Jesus. He was stillborn at 9:20 p.m. April 9, 2014. He leaves behind his mother, Amber Lay, Kokomo; and his father, Edward Williams, Kokomo; brother, Jack Lay, still at home; his grandmothers, Mic
- Nellie Marie Richardson Nellie Marie Richardson, 103, Greentown, passed away at 6:29 a.m. Sunday, April 13, 2014, at the home of her daughter in Hebron. Nellie was born Aug. 11, 1910, in Frankton. She was the sixth child of nine children born to Sarah M. A. (Chalfant) and O
- Deborah L. Tosch Deborah L. Tosch, 50, Port Washington, Wis., formerly of Kokomo, died Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Horizon Lawlis Family Hospice in Mequon, Wis. Deborah will be remembered for her beautiful smile, photographs, artistic talents with painting and cake
- Pete Horoho Pete Horoho, 85, passed away peacefully from this life at the home of his daughter, while surrounded by loved ones at 8:04 p.m. Thursday, April 10, 2014. Pete was born Dec. 8, 1928 in Blissfield, Mich., to Ernest L. and Garnell ( McGraw) Horoho. The
- More Obituaries Headlines