May 17, 1943 - April 19, 2013
Joyce Darlene (Smith) Reed, 69, Kokomo, died peacefully Friday, April 19, 2013, at home surrounded by her family and best friend after a long battle with cancer. She was born May 17, 1943, to Virgil and Mildred (Johnson) Smith, who preceded her in death.
Joyce graduated from Eastern High School in 1961. On June 7, 1964, she married Jim, the love of her life, and treasured their 48 years of marriage. She graduated from Purdue University in 1965 with a B.A. in elementary education and with a master’s degree in 1966 in special education. She taught second grade in Benton Co. Schools before she retired to start a family. She also did private tutoring with students for several years.
Joyce was a long-time member of Fairfield Christian Church, where she was the piano and keyboard player for many years.
She is survived by her husband, Jim Reed; daughters, Kathy (Mike) Broyles, Dayton, Ohio, and Lisa Reed, Franklin, Tenn.; grandchildren, Kelsey Hall, Drew Hall and Sage Broyles; and her brother, Jerry Smith.
She loved her cherished husband, her family and church, as well as many friends.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, Kokomo. Burial will follow in Albright Cemetery. Friends are invited to visit with the family from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to The American Cancer Society or Fairfield Christian Church Memorial Scholarship Fund. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
May 17, 1943 - April 19, 2013
- Ronald Lee Galloway Ronald Lee Galloway, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 8:16 a.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his residence. Born June 1, 1934, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Frank Gordon and Cora (Rush) Gordon. He was a 1952 graduate of Northwestern High School. O
- Maudie Ellen Sanders Maudie Ellen Sanders, 69, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Oct. 5, 1944, in Sullivan County, Kingsport, Tenn., to Bascom Harold and Garnett (Stiltner) Sisk. On Oct. 14, 1964, in Gate City, Va., she married Richar
- Vicky Irene Woodbury Vicky Irene Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbur
- William 'Bill' Moore William "Bill" Moore, 66, Kokomo, died at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. There will be a memorial service scheduled at a later date. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel is assisting the family with arrangements
- Vickie S. Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie was a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, crocheting
- Georgia F. Foard A memorial service for Sister Georgia F. Foard will be at 11 a.m. Friday in New Hope Full Gospel Church, 501 N. McCann St. The wife of Pastor Robert Foard of Zion Missionary Baptist Church, she passed away Tuesday, April 8, 2014. Georgia F. Foard
- Ronald J. 'Nick' Nickels Ronald J. "Nick" Nickels, 70, Kokomo, died at 9:30 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born Aug. 20, 1943, in Logansport, the son of Ivan and Louise (Conn) Nickels. On Feb. 4, 1967, he married Judy Tyler, who preceded him in death Oct. 3
- Elizabeth Louise (Jones) Stewart Elizabeth L. Stewart, 93, was called home to rest by the Lord at 2:25 p.m. Sunday, April 13, 2014. She was born in Marion to the late William Burke Jones and the late Helen Jones Casey on Nov. 8, 1920. In 1938, Elizabeth graduated from Marion High Sc
- Funerals Fields, Perry, services are 11 a.m. today at Family Worship Center, 6395 S. Clarkson St., Littleton, Colo. Tosch, Deborah L., services are 11 a.m. today at Indian Village Church of God, 602 Erie Pass, Auburn. Richardson, Nellie Marie, services are 2
- Sean Michael Mahoney Sean Michael Mahoney, 51, Springfield, passed away at 12:30 a.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at his residence. Born Jan. 20, 1963, in Springfield, Mass., he was the son of Thomas F. Mahoney and Audrey (Murphy) Mahoney. He was a veteran of the United St
- More Obituaries Headlines