James Donovan Ingle, 86, Kokomo, passed away at 11:04 a.m. Saturday, April 28, 2012, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born Feb. 20, 1926, in Kokomo to the late Charles Jay and Freda Ann (Wiles) Ingle. On Sept. 18, 1948, at St. Lukes Evangelical United Brethren Church in Kokomo, he married Virginia (Stewart) Ingle, who preceded him in death on Jan. 29, 1982. On April 28, 1986, in Love’s Lake Tahoe Wedding Chapel, Lake Tahoe, Nev., he married Josiane S. (Ledru) (Buskov) Ingle who died July 24, 1993.
He was a graduate of Kokomo High School Class of 1944, served in the U.S. Navy from June 28, 1944, to September 29, 1946. He then went to work for Haynes Stellite Division of Union Carbide Corporation on December 6, 1946. After working in the finish-grinding departments, he was transferred to the Investment Casting Department where he became second-shift supervisor of wax-injection. In 1950 he was transferred to the Sales Department and after one and a half years in the Kokomo Sales Office, he was transferred to Detroit, Michigan as a Stellite Sales Office Manager. In 1954 he was transferred to Houston, Texas, as Sales Office Manager. After closing the Houston office in 1961, he was transferred back to the Kokomo Sales Office. In 1967 he was transferred to the Investment Casting Production Control Department in charge of scheduling and expediting pre-production trials. In 1971 Union Carbide sold Stellite to Cabot Corporation and in 1974 they closed the Investment casting operations. He was then transferred to the Wrought Alloys Quality Control Department on W. Defenbaugh St. where he served the remainder of his thirty-nine and one-half years, retiring on April 30, 1986.
He was a 50-year member of Masonic Blue Lodge, a member of and past-master (1968) of Howard Lodge No. 93 Free and Accepted Masons, of Kokomo; a member of Chapter Council and Commandary of York Rite Masons, Kokomo; a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason, Indianapolis, a member of Murat Shrine Temple, Indianapolis, where he was a Potentate’s Aide in 1983; and past president (1976) of Kokomo Shrine Club. He was the first Club Manager, 1974 to 1976 and again in 1978 to 1982 and served on the Board of Directors. He was co-founder of the Kokomo Shrine Club Mini-T parade unit. He was Captain twice, (two years) and First Lieutenant (Scty/Treas) twelve years. He was a life member of the Kokomo Shrine Club Hillbillies, Clan #14, Outhouse No. 14. He was an honorary member of Bahamas Shrine Club (International) Freeport, Grand Bahamas, having assisted in a Shrine class initiation there in 1973. He was a volunteer hospital van driver and Applications Chairman for patients to Shrine Childrens’ Hospitals for several years. He was a life member of Disabled American Veterans and a member of the American Legion Post #6, in Kokomo. In 1992 he was awarded honorary life membership in B.P.O. Elks Lodge #190. He was a member of the National Rifle Association, AARP and Senior Citizens Center, Kokomo. He was past president, and on the Board of Directors of Cabot Quarter-Century Club, (now the Haynes International QCC) for a few years. He was a former member of the Eagles, Moose and Fraternal Order of Police Lodges in Kokomo, the Kokomo Foremen’s Club and Kokomo Management Club. He was Stellite’s “Loaned Executive” to the United Way in 1976 and had the honor of representing Stellite in presenting the Stellite plaque (made and mounted by Stellite Technology personnel) on the stone in front of the Haynes Museum, on South Webster Street, in 1976.