Aug. 29, 1930 - June 5, 2013
Irma (White) Comp, 82, Kokomo, died at 8:37 p.m. Wednesday, June 5, 2013, at her home. She was born Aug. 29, 1930, in Howard County, the daughter of Mat and Ada (Fulford) White. On Dec. 9, 1951, at the Parsonage of the United Methodist Church in Anderson, she married Ralph Comp, who preceded her in death on Dec. 1, 1991.
Irma was a 1948 graduate of Clay Township High School, where she was salutatorian. She was also a 1951 graduate of Good Samaritan School of Nursing. She was the staff nurse at Delco Electronics, retiring Feb. 1, 1994. She worked 43 years in various fields of nursing, including hospitals, doctor’s offices, schools and industries.
Irma was a member of First Baptist Church and the A.L.A. No. 317. She volunteered at the Kokomo Rescue Mission, enjoyed reading, traveling and spending time with family and friends.
Irma is survived by two sons, Michael (Chris) Comp, Patrick Comp; daughters, Amy Birckmeier, Julie Hale; grandchildren, Angela “Angie” (A.J.) Kahl, April, Chad, Mat, Andrew, Bryce; great-grandchildren, Ashley, Alex, Angel, Kasey, Lucas, Braden, Aiden, and Addison Kahl; sister, Nina Kessler; nephews, Perry (Linda) Trader, Jim (Ellen) Trader, Charles (Nancy) Trader, Donald (Danielle) Trader, Gary White; nieces, Gail Freant, Jayne (John) Engel, Patricia (Michael) Thompson, Laquita Zimmerman, Irma Lou (Morris) Pegg, Konnie (Joe) Streeter, Sandra (Mike) Daily, Kathy (Jim) Vega Pamela Lamberson, Nancy (Dave) Baker, Lee Ann (Kevin) Mast, Jody White, Chris Shoffner.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; brothers, Frank, Dennie and Noble; sisters, Mary Spraker, Grace Shrader, Jennie Trader; Ralph’s parents, Ray and Nellie Comp; spouses of siblings and nephew, Fred White.
Memorial services will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday at First Baptist Church, 310 W. Taylor St., with Pastor Paul Martin officiating. Burial will follow in Greenlawn Cemetery, Greentown. Friends may call at the church from 11 a.m. until service time on Tuesday. Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of the donor’s choice. Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory is assisting the family with arrangements. Messages of condolence may be left on line at www.shirleyandatout.com
Aug. 29, 1930 - June 5, 2013
- Vickie Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Robert Boles and Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie is a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, cro
- Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell, 61, Ryland Heights, Ky., passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Fort Thomas, Ky. She was an ordained minister and loved to sing as well as crochet and do needlework. She also loved to spend time with her children and
- Betty Jean Kaiser Betty Jean Kaiser, 81, Cicero, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Riverview Hospital at Noblesville. She was born April 21, 1932, at Cicero, to Ralph and Mary (Johnson) Mayfield. She attended Jackson Central High School. Betty was a homemaker and gre
- Brian G. Artrip Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpected early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attending Ivy Tech S
- Funerals Nickels, Ronald J. "Nick," services are 10:30 a.m. today Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road. Foard, Sister Georgia F., a memorial service is 11 a.m. today in New Hope Full Gospel Church, 501 N. McCan
- William 'Willie' Washam William "Willie" Washam, 84, died at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. Arrangements are pending at Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville. William 'Willie' Washam
- Ronald Lee Galloway Ronald Lee Galloway, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 8:16 a.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his residence. Born June 1, 1934, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Frank Gordon and Cora (Rush) Gordon. He was a 1952 graduate of Northwestern High School. O
- Maudie Ellen Sanders Maudie Ellen Sanders, 69, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Oct. 5, 1944, in Sullivan County, Kingsport, Tenn., to Bascom Harold and Garnett (Stiltner) Sisk. On Oct. 14, 1964, in Gate City, Va., she married Richar
- Vicky Irene Woodbury Vicky Irene Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbur
- William 'Bill' Moore William "Bill" Moore, 66, Kokomo, died at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. There will be a memorial service scheduled at a later date. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel is assisting the family with arrangements
- More Obituaries Headlines