Aug. 29, 1930 - June 5, 2013
Irma (White) Comp, 82, Kokomo, died at 8:37 p.m. Wednesday, June 5, 2013, at her home. She was born Aug. 29, 1930, in Howard County, the daughter of Mat and Ada (Fulford) White. On Dec. 9, 1951, at the Parsonage of the United Methodist Church in Anderson, she married Ralph Comp, who preceded her in death on Dec. 1, 1991.
Irma was a 1948 graduate of Clay Township High School, where she was salutatorian. She was also a 1951 graduate of Good Samaritan School of Nursing. She was the staff nurse at Delco Electronics, retiring Feb. 1, 1994. She worked 43 years in various fields of nursing, including hospitals, doctor’s offices, schools and industries.
Irma was a member of First Baptist Church and the A.L.A. No. 317. She volunteered at the Kokomo Rescue Mission, enjoyed reading, traveling and spending time with family and friends.
Irma is survived by two sons, Michael (Chris) Comp, Patrick Comp; daughters, Amy Birckmeier, Julie Hale; grandchildren, Angela “Angie” (A.J.) Kahl, April, Chad, Mat, Andrew, Bryce; great-grandchildren, Ashley, Alex, Angel, Kasey, Lucas, Braden, Aiden, and Addison Kahl; sister, Nina Kessler; nephews, Perry (Linda) Trader, Jim (Ellen) Trader, Charles (Nancy) Trader, Donald (Danielle) Trader, Gary White; nieces, Gail Freant, Jayne (John) Engel, Patricia (Michael) Thompson, Laquita Zimmerman, Irma Lou (Morris) Pegg, Konnie (Joe) Streeter, Sandra (Mike) Daily, Kathy (Jim) Vega Pamela Lamberson, Nancy (Dave) Baker, Lee Ann (Kevin) Mast, Jody White, Chris Shoffner.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; brothers, Frank, Dennie and Noble; sisters, Mary Spraker, Grace Shrader, Jennie Trader; Ralph’s parents, Ray and Nellie Comp; spouses of siblings and nephew, Fred White.
Memorial services will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday at First Baptist Church, 310 W. Taylor St., with Pastor Paul Martin officiating. Burial will follow in Greenlawn Cemetery, Greentown. Friends may call at the church from 11 a.m. until service time on Tuesday. Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of the donor’s choice. Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory is assisting the family with arrangements. Messages of condolence may be left on line at www.shirleyandatout.com
Aug. 29, 1930 - June 5, 2013
- Annie Laurie Douglas Jan. 18, 1922 - Aug. 17, 2014 Annie Laurie Douglas, 92, a former Scircleville resident, died at 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, Warsaw. She was born Jan. 18, 1922, in Beaumont, Kentucky, to Guy L. and Lillian C. (Williams) Knip
- Funeral listings, Aug. 20, 2014 Burns, Jackie Lee, services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Miller, Richard Carl, funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru.Helvie, William Lee “Bill,” servic
- Eleanor Martin Eleanor Martin, 82, Russiaville, passed away at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officia
- Thomas 'Tom' R. Faunce July 11, 1935 - Aug. 17, 2014Thomas “Tom” R. Faunce, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his home. He was born July 11, 1935, in Kokomo. His grandparents, William and Goldie Summers, raised him. On Sept. 1, 1956, Tom married
- Bee W. Snow Bee W. Snow, daughter of Clyde and Harriet West (Van Benthuysen), passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at the age of 94. She was a resident at The Wellington at Kokomo. She was married to Burnill L. Snow on Dec. 31, 1936, and he preceded her in deat
- Ruth Brackney Ruth Brackney, 88, Zeeland, Michigan, passed away Thursday, June 19, 2014. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22, 2014, in Kokomo. To view a complete obituary or to share a memory or photo and to sign the family’s online guest book, visit www.s
- Thelma Gibson Feb. 17, 1920 - Aug. 18, 2014 Thelma Gibson, 94, Kokomo, passed away at 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, 2014, at her home with her daughters by her side. She was born the daughter of Edward and Maud (Wignall) Goodchild on Feb. 17, 1920, in London, England. I
- Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie March 25, 1939 - Aug. 17, 2014 Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie, 75, Bunker Hill, passed away at 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo, surrounded by her loving family. She was born in Ludington, Michigan, March 25, 1
- Funeral listings, Aug. 19, 2014 Long, Thomas Earl, services are 10 a.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road.Williams, the Rev. Harold E., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 700 Southway Blvd. E
- Joseph William Francis Flood Jr. Feb. 24, 1936 - Aug. 16, 2014 Joseph William Francis Flood Jr., 78, Kokomo, passed away on Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 24, 1936, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Joseph W. and Regina (McDonough) Flood. On Dec. 8, 1956, he
- More Obituaries Headlines