Aug. 29, 1930 - June 5, 2013
Irma (White) Comp, 82, Kokomo, died at 8:37 p.m. Wednesday, June 5, 2013, at her home. She was born Aug. 29, 1930, in Howard County, the daughter of Mat and Ada (Fulford) White. On Dec. 9, 1951, at the Parsonage of the United Methodist Church in Anderson, she married Ralph Comp, who preceded her in death on Dec. 1, 1991.
Irma was a 1948 graduate of Clay Township High School, where she was salutatorian. She was also a 1951 graduate of Good Samaritan School of Nursing. She was the staff nurse at Delco Electronics, retiring Feb. 1, 1994. She worked 43 years in various fields of nursing, including hospitals, doctor’s offices, schools and industries.
Irma was a member of First Baptist Church and the A.L.A. No. 317. She volunteered at the Kokomo Rescue Mission, enjoyed reading, traveling and spending time with family and friends.
Irma is survived by two sons, Michael (Chris) Comp, Patrick Comp; daughters, Amy Birckmeier, Julie Hale; grandchildren, Angela “Angie” (A.J.) Kahl, April, Chad, Mat, Andrew, Bryce; great-grandchildren, Ashley, Alex, Angel, Kasey, Lucas, Braden, Aiden, and Addison Kahl; sister, Nina Kessler; nephews, Perry (Linda) Trader, Jim (Ellen) Trader, Charles (Nancy) Trader, Donald (Danielle) Trader, Gary White; nieces, Gail Freant, Jayne (John) Engel, Patricia (Michael) Thompson, Laquita Zimmerman, Irma Lou (Morris) Pegg, Konnie (Joe) Streeter, Sandra (Mike) Daily, Kathy (Jim) Vega Pamela Lamberson, Nancy (Dave) Baker, Lee Ann (Kevin) Mast, Jody White, Chris Shoffner.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; brothers, Frank, Dennie and Noble; sisters, Mary Spraker, Grace Shrader, Jennie Trader; Ralph’s parents, Ray and Nellie Comp; spouses of siblings and nephew, Fred White.
Memorial services will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday at First Baptist Church, 310 W. Taylor St., with Pastor Paul Martin officiating. Burial will follow in Greenlawn Cemetery, Greentown. Friends may call at the church from 11 a.m. until service time on Tuesday. Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of the donor’s choice. Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory is assisting the family with arrangements. Messages of condolence may be left on line at www.shirleyandatout.com
Aug. 29, 1930 - June 5, 2013
- Roosevelt Swygert Jr. Roosevelt "BO" Swygert Jr., 76, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013. Roosevelt "BO" Swygert Jr. was born on March 12, 1937, the son of Roosevelt Swygert Sr. and Fannie L. McGee Swygert in Pickens, Ark. He was retired from Chrysler LLC after 30
- Janet Lee Leffert Mrs. Janet Lee Leffert, 80, Walton, passed away at 1:37 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013, at Logansport Memorial Hospital. Born April 12, 1933, in Rochester, she was the daughter of John and Cleda (KiKi) Baldwin. Janet is survived by her husband, Thomas
- Glenna Gay Landrum Glenna Gay Landrum, 48, Wabash, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013, at Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne. She was born Aug. 18, 1965, in Kokomo, to Everett Glen and Shirley Mae (Hopper) Landrum. She loved music. She is survived by her mother, Shirley
- Margaret L. 'Marge' Harrison Margaret L. "Marge" Harrison, 97, went to the Lord Dec. 10, 2013. She was born Nov. 24, 1916, in Peru. She was the daughter of Jacob and Margaret (Radel) Spitznagle. On June 3, 1939, she married Dewey C. Harrison, Kokomo, at St. Charles Catholic Chu
- William F. 'Bill' Croddy William F. "Bill" Croddy, 94, Kokomo, passed away at 8 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. William F. 'Bill' Croddy
- Funeral listings, Dec. 13, 2013 Cochran, Wilma Lee, a Mass of Christian burial is 11 a.m. today at St. Charles Catholic Church, 58 W. Fifth St., Peru. Schurig, James P., services are 11 a.m. today at Shiloh United Methodist Church, 5741 W. 100 North. Edwards, Mary F., a memorial se
- Martha S. Benjamin Martha S. Benjamin, 77, Anderson, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at her daughter's home in Kokomo after a courageous three-and-a-half year battle with brain cancer. She was born Nov. 24, 1936, in Anderson, to Mildred and Cecil Skaggs, and reside
- Paulette E. (Ingbretson) Schoenberger Paulette E. (Ingbretson) Schoenberger, 62, Kokomo, passed away at 2:07 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, in her home. She was born Sept. 16, 1951, in Chicago, to the late Paul and Matilda (Stellrecht) Ingbretson. Paulette graduated from Tremper High Schoo
- Thomas Anthony Ewing Thomas Anthony Ewing, 60, Kokomo, passed away at 2:40 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born Oct. 11, 1953, in Kokomo, to Marianna Ewing. On Aug. 18, 1990, Thomas married Joyce Quillen, and she survives. Thomas was a truck dri
- Roosevelt 'Bo' Swygert Jr. Roosevelt "Bo" Swygert Jr., 76, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013. He was born March 12, 1937, in Pickens, Ark., the son of Roosevelt Swygert Sr. and Fannie L. McGee Swygert. He was employed by Chrysler LLC as a machine operator. He was a me
- More Obituaries Headlines