July 5, 1917 - June 7, 2013
Lou “Ellen” Singleton, 95, Greentown, went to be with the Lord on June 7, 2013.
Ellen was the daughter of Leslie and Iva (Love) King, born on July 5, 1917, in Warren County, Iowa. She married Lawrence Singleton on Jan. 11, 1941, and he passed on March 6, 2005.
Ellen was a faithful member of Elwood Assembly of God Church, until she was unable to attend. She then started attending Faith Community Church in Phlox. She was an avid reader and her favorite book of choice was the Bible. She enjoyed mowing her own yard and she was even still able to drive her car. She was a very giving woman and she always gave the very best away. She loved helping and being a blessing to anyone in need. She loved to laugh and had a great sense of humor. She will be greatly missed by her family. She loved all her family with all her heart and loved being with them. She had an inspiring faith in Jesus Christ and the joy of the Lord was her strength.
Surviving are a daughter, Jane Anne and (Bruce) Mughmaw; and son, Tim and (Sandra) Singleton, both of Greentown; three special grandsons, Bryan Hayden, Brad and Aaron Singleton; six great-grandchildren, Isaih, Elaina, Lydia, Anna Rose, Elle Violet Singleton and Brennan Hayden; and one great-grandchild on the way; three sisters, Geraldine Gibson, Kokomo, Darlene Fitch and Ione Lyons, both of Greentown; three brothers, Roy King, Ray King, and Frank King, all of Greentown; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sisters, Florence Singleton and Loeta Frawley; and a brother, Donnie King.
Funeral services are 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Cornerstone Assembly of God Church in Elwood, with her grandson Pastor Brad Singleton and son-in-law, Bruce Mughmaw officiating.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood. Burial will take place in the Simpson Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Cornerstone Assembly of God Church. Online condolences can be given at www.dunnichayfuneralhome.com.
July 5, 1917 - June 7, 2013
- Janetta Dale Pearson Janetta Dale Pearson, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 4:10 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, in St. Joseph's Hospital, Kokomo. Born Jan. 28, 1936 in Mount Carmel, Ill, she was the daughter of "Dude" and Mary Moore Dudley. She was marri
- Funerals, March 10, 2014 Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Grace United Methodist Church, 219 W. Mulberry St. Harner, John T. "Dutch," servic
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- More Obituaries Headlines