July 5, 1917 - June 7, 2013
Lou “Ellen” Singleton, 95, Greentown, went to be with the Lord on June 7, 2013.
Ellen was the daughter of Leslie and Iva (Love) King, born on July 5, 1917, in Warren County, Iowa. She married Lawrence Singleton on Jan. 11, 1941, and he passed on March 6, 2005.
Ellen was a faithful member of Elwood Assembly of God Church, until she was unable to attend. She then started attending Faith Community Church in Phlox. She was an avid reader and her favorite book of choice was the Bible. She enjoyed mowing her own yard and she was even still able to drive her car. She was a very giving woman and she always gave the very best away. She loved helping and being a blessing to anyone in need. She loved to laugh and had a great sense of humor. She will be greatly missed by her family. She loved all her family with all her heart and loved being with them. She had an inspiring faith in Jesus Christ and the joy of the Lord was her strength.
Surviving are a daughter, Jane Anne and (Bruce) Mughmaw; and son, Tim and (Sandra) Singleton, both of Greentown; three special grandsons, Bryan Hayden, Brad and Aaron Singleton; six great-grandchildren, Isaih, Elaina, Lydia, Anna Rose, Elle Violet Singleton and Brennan Hayden; and one great-grandchild on the way; three sisters, Geraldine Gibson, Kokomo, Darlene Fitch and Ione Lyons, both of Greentown; three brothers, Roy King, Ray King, and Frank King, all of Greentown; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sisters, Florence Singleton and Loeta Frawley; and a brother, Donnie King.
Funeral services are 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Cornerstone Assembly of God Church in Elwood, with her grandson Pastor Brad Singleton and son-in-law, Bruce Mughmaw officiating.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood. Burial will take place in the Simpson Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Cornerstone Assembly of God Church. Online condolences can be given at www.dunnichayfuneralhome.com.
July 5, 1917 - June 7, 2013
- Dorothy M. Warnock Dorothy M. Warnock, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 7:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at Kindred Health Care. Dorothy was born Nov. 14, 1923, in Frankfort, to the late Ward and Mary Etta Dreyer. Her marriage to Donald W. Warnock, who preceded her in death,
- Funerals Curella, Al S., services are 10 a.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road. Pierce, Jacqueline "Jackie," services are 10:30 a.m. today at Stout and Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville. Laughner, Gary L., s
- Margaret L. 'Marge' Harrison Margaret L. "Marge" Harrison, 97, Kokomo, died at 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Funeral arrangements are pending at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory. Margaret L. 'Marge' Harrison
- Leroy Young Leroy Young, 82, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at his residence. Arrangements are pending with Bluitt & Son Funeral Home. Leroy Young
- Richard Walter 'Dick' Rhine Richard Walter "Dick" Rhine, 78, Kokomo, died Tuesday morning, Dec. 10, 2013, at his home. Funeral arrangements are pending at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory. Richard Walter 'Dick' Rhine
- Josephine Alyce (Mullett) Alexander Josephine Alyce (Mullett) Alexander, Kokomo, went home to the Lord Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013. She was born Jan. 10, 1924, in Nappanee to Levi and Mary (Yoder) Mullett. She graduated in 1942 from Nappanee High School, where she first met the love of her li
- James P. Schurig James P. Schurig, 65, Kokomo, passed away Dec. 9, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. He was born Oct. 1, 1948, to Julius and Frances (McCulloch) Schurig in St. Louis, Mo. James met Nilene Thomas in a Christian folk singing group called the Se
- Linda E. Strange Linda E. Strange, 76, Kokomo, passed away at 10:52 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born June 28, 1937, in Kokomo to the late Sherman and Eva (Dicky) Shelby. On June 10, 1954, she married Troy E. Strange. Troy passed away Ma
- Thomas Anthony Ewing Thomas Anthony Ewing, 60, Kokomo, died at 2:40 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory in Kokomo. A full obit will be in Thursday's newspaper. Thomas Anthony Ewing
- Betty Jane Bagwell Betty Jane Bagwell, 82, Kokomo, passed away at 12:33 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at her daughter's home surrounded by her loving family. She was the last of four siblings for the late Fred and Mary Sacks (Blockson). Betty graduated from Kokomo High
- More Obituaries Headlines