July 5, 1917 - June 7, 2013
Lou “Ellen” Singleton, 95, Greentown, went to be with the Lord on June 7, 2013.
Ellen was the daughter of Leslie and Iva (Love) King, born on July 5, 1917, in Warren County, Iowa. She married Lawrence Singleton on Jan. 11, 1941, and he passed on March 6, 2005.
Ellen was a faithful member of Elwood Assembly of God Church, until she was unable to attend. She then started attending Faith Community Church in Phlox. She was an avid reader and her favorite book of choice was the Bible. She enjoyed mowing her own yard and she was even still able to drive her car. She was a very giving woman and she always gave the very best away. She loved helping and being a blessing to anyone in need. She loved to laugh and had a great sense of humor. She will be greatly missed by her family. She loved all her family with all her heart and loved being with them. She had an inspiring faith in Jesus Christ and the joy of the Lord was her strength.
Surviving are a daughter, Jane Anne and (Bruce) Mughmaw; and son, Tim and (Sandra) Singleton, both of Greentown; three special grandsons, Bryan Hayden, Brad and Aaron Singleton; six great-grandchildren, Isaih, Elaina, Lydia, Anna Rose, Elle Violet Singleton and Brennan Hayden; and one great-grandchild on the way; three sisters, Geraldine Gibson, Kokomo, Darlene Fitch and Ione Lyons, both of Greentown; three brothers, Roy King, Ray King, and Frank King, all of Greentown; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sisters, Florence Singleton and Loeta Frawley; and a brother, Donnie King.
Funeral services are 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Cornerstone Assembly of God Church in Elwood, with her grandson Pastor Brad Singleton and son-in-law, Bruce Mughmaw officiating.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood. Burial will take place in the Simpson Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Cornerstone Assembly of God Church. Online condolences can be given at www.dunnichayfuneralhome.com.
July 5, 1917 - June 7, 2013
- Lois 'Jean' Winslow Lois "Jean" Winslow, 91, Kokomo, passed peacefully from Earth to heaven at 4:50 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Heritage Pointe, Warren, surrounded by her husband, children and granddaughter, Andrea. She was born Sept. 30, 1922, in Kokomo, to Charle
- Funerals Moore, Reta Gail, services are 11 a.m. today at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Boulevard E. Brooks, Thomas Eugene, services are 1 p.m. today at Baker-Abbott Funeral Home, Flora. Monize, Alfred N., services are 1 p.m. today at Hasler &
- Theresa Ann Young Theresa Ann Young, 53, Kokomo, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014, in the emergency room at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born Sept. 18, 1961, in Lima, Ohio, the daughter of Fred Young Jr. and Ruthie Lee Johnson. Theresa was a homemaker and a member o
- Barbara Ellen Eades Barbara Ellen Eades, 81, Greentown, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born July 16, 1932, in Kokomo, to Edgar and Hester (Dillman) Campbell. On Jan. 1, 1955, she married John W. Eades, Sr., and he survives. She had
- R. Kent Floyd R. Kent Floyd, 71, Anderson, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital after a sudden illness. He was born Jan. 3, 1943, in Anderson, the son of Leroy and Dena Mae (Gross) Floyd. Kent was a graduate of Prairie Hig
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
- Gertrude Rogers Gertrude Rogers, 91, Burlington, passed away at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born on May 16, 1922, in Poplarville, Ky., to the late Pete and Nancy (Farmer) Jones. She married her childhood sweethea
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. A service celebrating the life of John Witt Jr. will be at 1 p.m. today at the First Assembly of God, 365 Monroe Ave., Peru, with Pastor D
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette LaVaun "Bonnie" Burnette, 88, Forest, passed away at 8:27 a.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at the home of her niece. She was born on April 25, 1925, in Clinton County to Ray and Ethel M. (Conner) Smith. On Feb. 9, 1946, Bonnie married Fred Burnette and h
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee Elizabeth "Betty" Lee, 54, Kokomo, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- More Obituaries Headlines