July 5, 1917 - June 7, 2013
Lou “Ellen” Singleton, 95, Greentown, went to be with the Lord on June 7, 2013.
Ellen was the daughter of Leslie and Iva (Love) King, born on July 5, 1917, in Warren County, Iowa. She married Lawrence Singleton on Jan. 11, 1941, and he passed on March 6, 2005.
Ellen was a faithful member of Elwood Assembly of God Church, until she was unable to attend. She then started attending Faith Community Church in Phlox. She was an avid reader and her favorite book of choice was the Bible. She enjoyed mowing her own yard and she was even still able to drive her car. She was a very giving woman and she always gave the very best away. She loved helping and being a blessing to anyone in need. She loved to laugh and had a great sense of humor. She will be greatly missed by her family. She loved all her family with all her heart and loved being with them. She had an inspiring faith in Jesus Christ and the joy of the Lord was her strength.
Surviving are a daughter, Jane Anne and (Bruce) Mughmaw; and son, Tim and (Sandra) Singleton, both of Greentown; three special grandsons, Bryan Hayden, Brad and Aaron Singleton; six great-grandchildren, Isaih, Elaina, Lydia, Anna Rose, Elle Violet Singleton and Brennan Hayden; and one great-grandchild on the way; three sisters, Geraldine Gibson, Kokomo, Darlene Fitch and Ione Lyons, both of Greentown; three brothers, Roy King, Ray King, and Frank King, all of Greentown; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sisters, Florence Singleton and Loeta Frawley; and a brother, Donnie King.
Funeral services are 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Cornerstone Assembly of God Church in Elwood, with her grandson Pastor Brad Singleton and son-in-law, Bruce Mughmaw officiating.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood. Burial will take place in the Simpson Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Cornerstone Assembly of God Church. Online condolences can be given at www.dunnichayfuneralhome.com.
July 5, 1917 - June 7, 2013
- Beverly Susan 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susan "Susie" Rayl, 84, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, with Pastor Dale Mendenhall officiating. Burial will follow in Sunset Memory Gar
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, Greentown, died at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Honey Creek Missionary Baptist Church, 250 Nashville St., Russiavile with the Rev. Jim Stevenso
- VickyWoodbury Vicky Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbury in K
- Robert Michael Ploss Robert Michael Ploss, 75, Crossville, Tenn., and formerly of Kokomo, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014. He was born Oct. 17, 1938, in Peru, the son of Fritz and Goldie Webster Ploss. He was retired from General Motors in Kokomo, and was a lifetime
- Nora Ethel Duncan Nora Ethel Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014 at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor N
- Funerals Stewart, Elizabeth L., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, 1204 W. 14th St., Marion. Woodbury, Vicky Irene, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Artrip, Brian G., serv
- Vickie Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Robert Boles and Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie is a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, cro
- Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell, 61, Ryland Heights, Ky., passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Fort Thomas, Ky. She was an ordained minister and loved to sing as well as crochet and do needlework. She also loved to spend time with her children and
- Betty Jean Kaiser Betty Jean Kaiser, 81, Cicero, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Riverview Hospital at Noblesville. She was born April 21, 1932, at Cicero, to Ralph and Mary (Johnson) Mayfield. She attended Jackson Central High School. Betty was a homemaker and gre
- Brian G. Artrip Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpected early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attending Ivy Tech S
- More Obituaries Headlines