July 5, 1917 - June 7, 2013
Lou “Ellen” Singleton, 95, Greentown, went to be with the Lord on June 7, 2013.
Ellen was the daughter of Leslie and Iva (Love) King, born on July 5, 1917, in Warren County, Iowa. She married Lawrence Singleton on Jan. 11, 1941, and he passed on March 6, 2005.
Ellen was a faithful member of Elwood Assembly of God Church, until she was unable to attend. She then started attending Faith Community Church in Phlox. She was an avid reader and her favorite book of choice was the Bible. She enjoyed mowing her own yard and she was even still able to drive her car. She was a very giving woman and she always gave the very best away. She loved helping and being a blessing to anyone in need. She loved to laugh and had a great sense of humor. She will be greatly missed by her family. She loved all her family with all her heart and loved being with them. She had an inspiring faith in Jesus Christ and the joy of the Lord was her strength.
Surviving are a daughter, Jane Anne and (Bruce) Mughmaw; and son, Tim and (Sandra) Singleton, both of Greentown; three special grandsons, Bryan Hayden, Brad and Aaron Singleton; six great-grandchildren, Isaih, Elaina, Lydia, Anna Rose, Elle Violet Singleton and Brennan Hayden; and one great-grandchild on the way; three sisters, Geraldine Gibson, Kokomo, Darlene Fitch and Ione Lyons, both of Greentown; three brothers, Roy King, Ray King, and Frank King, all of Greentown; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sisters, Florence Singleton and Loeta Frawley; and a brother, Donnie King.
Funeral services are 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Cornerstone Assembly of God Church in Elwood, with her grandson Pastor Brad Singleton and son-in-law, Bruce Mughmaw officiating.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood. Burial will take place in the Simpson Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Cornerstone Assembly of God Church. Online condolences can be given at www.dunnichayfuneralhome.com.
July 5, 1917 - June 7, 2013
- Helen Elnora Long Guynn Helen Elnora Long Guynn, 86, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014, at her residence. Helen Elnora (Long) Guynn went home to be with the Lord on July 19, 2014. She was born April 1, 1928, in Owensboro, Kentucky, to the late Albert Long and Alice (Clark
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. He was born the son of Larry E. and Anna L. (Rawls) Bradley in Tipton on April 4, 1973.Larry was the manager of Rackem Billiards. He previously
- Funeral listings, July 24, 2014 Stover, Crystal M., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Wright, Tyler, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11
- Mary Jackson Mary Jackson, 79, Russiaville, passed away at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in her home.Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital.A private family gathering was held Wednesday. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory Lincoln Road Chapel assisted the family with arrangements. Messages of condole
- Mary Rosalene McElfresh Mary Rosalene McElfresh, 81, Kokomo, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Reflections at Wellington.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, with Pastor Mitch Norwood officiating. Burial will fol
- Paula M. Brittain Paula M. Brittain, 83, Peru, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with John Clark officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery. Friends may call fr
- Donnie Robert Gibson Donnie Robert Gibson, 67, of Greeley, Colorado, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, at Hospice of Northern Colorado in Greeley. Donnie was born on Aug. 18, 1946, in Kokomo, Indiana, to the Rev. Hascue William and Betty Palmer (Short) Gibson.Donnie was
- Reba A. Stout Reba A. Stout, 99, Russiaville, died peacefully at 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital with her family at her side. She was born July 1, 1915, in Howard County, the daughter of Benjamin and Wilma (Rich) Tucker. On June 19, 1935,
- Margaret Jane Stroup Margaret Jane Stroup, Eaton Rapids, Michigan, formerly of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at age 97. She was born in Howard County, Indiana, June 1, 1917, the daughter of Ora and Golda (Caldwell) Nixon. Margaret marri
- More Obituaries Headlines