Jan. 21, 1945 - Aug. 12, 2009
Perry Willis Boyer Jr., 64, Elwood, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2009, at Riverview Hospital in Noblesville, following a sudden illness.
Perry was a devoted husband, father and grandfather. He loved hunting and shooting. He was a lifetime member and officer of the Elwood Conservation Club, a member of the Elks and an eight-year member of the Elwood Glass Festival Committee.
Perry was born in Elwood on Jan. 21, 1945, to Perry Willis Sr. and Dorothy Yocom Boyer. He lived in Elwood all his life. He retired from Delphi Electronics. He married Eugenia Forst on June 12, 1971.
He is survived by his wife of 38 years, Eugenia (Genie) Boyer, Elwood; two sons, Paul Willis and wife Amber Boyer, Ft. Wayne, and Karl Eugene Boyer, Elwood; grandchildren, Zane Allen Boyer, Adelle Celine Boyer and Allison Corinne Boyer; his friend and companion, his pet Airedale, Muffin.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Dunnichay Funeral Home in Elwood, with the Rev. Jim Stout officiating. Burial will be in St. Joseph Cemetery in Elwood. Visitation will be from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday and one hour before the service Monday.
In lieu of flowers, Perry’s request is for memorial contributions to be made to his grandchildren scholarship fund through the funeral home or Madison County Credit Union.
Jan. 21, 1945 - Aug. 12, 2009
- Frederick Alan Rose Frederick Alan Rose, 61, Kokomo, died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence.Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes and Crematory. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
- Funeral listings, Aug. 22, 2014 Kinzie, Wanda Marie (Hayes), services are 10 a.m. today at Allen Funeral Home, 136 S. Elm St., Bunker Hill. Wright, Carol, funeral service at 2 p.m. today at Genda Funeral Home, 608 N. Main St., Frankfort.Flood, Joseph William Francis Jr., a memorial
- Jerry Devern Nance Jerry Devern Nance, 63, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, in Indianapolis.Family and friends may join us for a celebration of life from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Enter through door 2.The fami
- Delores Skelton Delores Skelton, 77, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in Community Howard Regional Health. Born April 22, 1937, in Logansport, she was the daughter of Charles and Lillian Elizabeth Zech Nethercutt. On
- Shirley Ann Sage Shirley Ann Sage, 77, Converse, passed away Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at Sterling House in Marion, following an extended illness. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Open Door Fellowship Church, Converse, with Pastors Jim Miller and Don R
- Cindi Thompson Cindi Thompson, 59, rural Frankfort, died at 4:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with Pastor Kevin Carr presiding. A private family burial will be held
- Shirley J. Decker Shirley J. Decker, 87, Walton, died early Wednesday morning, Aug. 20, 2014, at her home. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Walton IOOF Cemetery in Walton, with the Rev. Vince Darland officiating. No visitation is planned.Memorial c
- Wayne L. Walker Wayne L. Walker, 64, Tipton, died Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence. He was born July 3, 1950, in Livingston, Tennessee, to Estelene (Walker) Decker.He retired from General Motors, Delphi, in 2009. Wayne was a member of the U.A.W., Tipton Mo
- Barbara 'Bobbie' A. (Reynolds) Jacobs Barbara “Bobbie” A. (Reynolds) Jacobs, 79, passed away at 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at her residence in Kokomo. She was born Jan. 9, 1935, in Des Moines, Iowa. She was the daughter of the late Frank and Hazel (Nicholes) Reynolds. On Sept. 2
- Wilda R Hawk Wilda R. Hawk, 79, died at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug, 21, 2014, in Golden Living Center - Sycamore Village Nursing Home. Services are pending with Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
- More Obituaries Headlines