Jan. 21, 1945 - Aug. 12, 2009
Perry Willis Boyer Jr., 64, Elwood, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2009, at Riverview Hospital in Noblesville, following a sudden illness.
Perry was a devoted husband, father and grandfather. He loved hunting and shooting. He was a lifetime member and officer of the Elwood Conservation Club, a member of the Elks and an eight-year member of the Elwood Glass Festival Committee.
Perry was born in Elwood on Jan. 21, 1945, to Perry Willis Sr. and Dorothy Yocom Boyer. He lived in Elwood all his life. He retired from Delphi Electronics. He married Eugenia Forst on June 12, 1971.
He is survived by his wife of 38 years, Eugenia (Genie) Boyer, Elwood; two sons, Paul Willis and wife Amber Boyer, Ft. Wayne, and Karl Eugene Boyer, Elwood; grandchildren, Zane Allen Boyer, Adelle Celine Boyer and Allison Corinne Boyer; his friend and companion, his pet Airedale, Muffin.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Dunnichay Funeral Home in Elwood, with the Rev. Jim Stout officiating. Burial will be in St. Joseph Cemetery in Elwood. Visitation will be from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday and one hour before the service Monday.
In lieu of flowers, Perry’s request is for memorial contributions to be made to his grandchildren scholarship fund through the funeral home or Madison County Credit Union.
Jan. 21, 1945 - Aug. 12, 2009
- Beverly Giles Cobb SAVANNAH, Ga. – Beverly Giles Cobb, 80, Savannah, Georgia, passed away at 11:50 a.m. on Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare, Tallahassee, Florida. She was born on Nov. 13, 1933, in Kokomo to the late Vivan and Margaret (Weaver
- Funerals, July 31, 2014 Richey, Emogene, services are 11 a.m. today at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.Bookwalter, Frances Juanita, services are 2 p.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver.Spivey, Cathy J., a celebration of life service is 7 p.m. to
- Rosemary Goyer Lovegrove Rosemary Goyer Lovegrove, formerly from Kokomo, passed into heaven on Jan. 16, 2014, with her son, Matthew, and daughter, Leoma, at her side at Hope Hospice in Fort Myers, Florida. She was 91 years old. A memorial of her life will be at 2 p.m. Saturd
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo and formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, July 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo, following an extended illness. Charles was born on July 19, 1931, in Elwood, to Harold and Ninez (Cook) Wilburn. On
- Funeral listings, July 30, 2014 Metcalf, John William, services are 10 a.m. today at Peace Lutheran Church, 750 E. Markland Ave.Shultz, Helen M., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Hodson, Harold Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary We
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born in Kokomo on Aug. 26, 1941, to the late Augustus and Matilda Worthy (Toney).Deena was a 1960 Kokomo High School graduate. She was als
- Marjorie A. Rayl Marjorie A. Rayl, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 9:06 a.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at her residence. She was born Sept. 27, 1923, in Star City, Indiana, to Henry J. Shultz and Louise (Weltzen) Shultz. On Sept. 30, 1945, in Kokomo, she married Robert F. R
- Constance 'Connie' Jean Kelly Constance “Connie” Jean Kelly, 80, Peru, passed away at 9:20 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born April 12, 1934, in Miami County, to the late John Comerford and Rose Mary (Mylet) Comerford Jarvis.She was retired from Gene
- Max V. Bitner Max V. Bitner, 84, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence.Visitation is scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Porter’s. Pastor Ed Smit
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- More Obituaries Headlines