Jan. 31, 1951 - Aug. 14, 2009
Ted A. “Poppy” Weber, 58, Kokomo, passed away peacefully into Heaven to be with the Lord at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14, 2009, at St. Vincent Seton Specialty Hospital, Indianapolis.
Ted was born in Tipton, on Jan 31, 1951, to the late Arnie Weber and Annie (Cage) Weber. On Feb. 14, 1971, in St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, he married Connie J. (Miller), and she survives.
Ted attended St. Johns Catholic School in Tipton until the eighth grade and went on to attend Tipton High School until 1968. From 1968, he attended Kokomo High School, where he graduated in 1969. After high school, he graduated as valedictorian of his class at the United Electronics Institute, Louisville, Ky. In 1971, he enlisted into the U.S. Air Force. During basic training in Biloxi, Miss., he completed a six-week course of training in a period of two weeks and graduated first in his class. After basic training, Ted and Connie moved to Offit AFB in Omaha, Neb.
Later, he was stationed for three years at Aviano AFB, Italy. At that base, Ted installed communication lines. Along with that project, he also wired a loud speaker system so the officers could listen to music on the base. Ted received accommodations for his ingenuity.
Ted and his family moved back to Kokomo in 1976 to join the Delco division of General Motors. At Delco, he worked in research and development. He later became the Lab Supervisor of Technicians at Delphi Energenix Laboratory. Ted retired from Delphi in April 2005.
He was an avid fan of jazz and other genres of music. Ted dreamed of being involved with musicians and even played in garage bands in the 1950s and 1960s. As a hobby, he began making amplifier speakers and sending them to friends around the United States. Ted took this hobby and turned it into a successful business now called Weber Speakers that has sent musical products all over the world for the past 14 years. In fact, the company currently employs 10 people. Because of his ingenuity, he has been affectionately referred to as “Ted the Guru” on various online music bulletin boards and blogs. Ted’s speakers are in amplifiers of many well-known national musicians, such as Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Joe Walsh, Trey Anastasia, Metallica, Derek Trucks, Rascal Flatts, Brooks & Dunn and Taylor Swift.
Jan. 31, 1951 - Aug. 14, 2009
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- Funeral listings, July 29, 2014 Holmes, Imogene R. (Lett), services are 10 a.m. today at West Street Christian Church, Tipton.Jackson, Linda, services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Esslinger, Hassie M., services are 1 p.m. today at Shirl
- Cathy J. Spivey Cathy J. Spivey, 66, Panama City, Florida, and formerly of Elwood, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, surrounded by her loving family, following a brief illness.A celebration of life service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 3
- Frances Juanita Bookwalter Frances Juanita Bookwalter, 93, Peru, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning, July 27, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo, with her loving children by her side.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at McClain Funeral Hom
- Helen M. Shultz Helen M. Shultz, 93, passed away at her residence Friday, July 25, 2014. She was born Sept. 9, 1920, to Raymond and Esther (Wolf) Jackson. They preceded her in death.Helen graduated from Butler High School and married Homer G. “Jake” Shultz on Aug. 3
- Wilma Leach Wilma Leach, Tipton, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor in Tipton.Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare in Greentown. She was born Dec. 21, 1919, to William Raleigh Coverdale and Ethel Jane (Harrison) Coverdale. On Dec. 24, 1939, she married Albert Richey, who preceded h
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. A funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Ellers Mortuary, 3400 S. Webster St., with Pastor Gary Foster officiating. Burial will follow at K
- James E. Young James E. Young, 78, rural Roann, died at 11:37 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, surrounded by his daughters at his residence. He was born Nov. 13, 1935, in Sleepy Hollow, Miami County, the son of Floyd E. and Margaret V. (Miller) Young. He was married N
- Max Bitner Max Bitner, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- More Obituaries Headlines