Jan. 31, 1951 - Aug. 14, 2009
Ted A. “Poppy” Weber, 58, Kokomo, passed away peacefully into Heaven to be with the Lord at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14, 2009, at St. Vincent Seton Specialty Hospital, Indianapolis.
Ted was born in Tipton, on Jan 31, 1951, to the late Arnie Weber and Annie (Cage) Weber. On Feb. 14, 1971, in St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, he married Connie J. (Miller), and she survives.
Ted attended St. Johns Catholic School in Tipton until the eighth grade and went on to attend Tipton High School until 1968. From 1968, he attended Kokomo High School, where he graduated in 1969. After high school, he graduated as valedictorian of his class at the United Electronics Institute, Louisville, Ky. In 1971, he enlisted into the U.S. Air Force. During basic training in Biloxi, Miss., he completed a six-week course of training in a period of two weeks and graduated first in his class. After basic training, Ted and Connie moved to Offit AFB in Omaha, Neb.
Later, he was stationed for three years at Aviano AFB, Italy. At that base, Ted installed communication lines. Along with that project, he also wired a loud speaker system so the officers could listen to music on the base. Ted received accommodations for his ingenuity.
Ted and his family moved back to Kokomo in 1976 to join the Delco division of General Motors. At Delco, he worked in research and development. He later became the Lab Supervisor of Technicians at Delphi Energenix Laboratory. Ted retired from Delphi in April 2005.
He was an avid fan of jazz and other genres of music. Ted dreamed of being involved with musicians and even played in garage bands in the 1950s and 1960s. As a hobby, he began making amplifier speakers and sending them to friends around the United States. Ted took this hobby and turned it into a successful business now called Weber Speakers that has sent musical products all over the world for the past 14 years. In fact, the company currently employs 10 people. Because of his ingenuity, he has been affectionately referred to as “Ted the Guru” on various online music bulletin boards and blogs. Ted’s speakers are in amplifiers of many well-known national musicians, such as Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Joe Walsh, Trey Anastasia, Metallica, Derek Trucks, Rascal Flatts, Brooks & Dunn and Taylor Swift.
Jan. 31, 1951 - Aug. 14, 2009
- Vickie Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Robert Boles and Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie is a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, cro
- Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell, 61, Ryland Heights, Ky., passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Fort Thomas, Ky. She was an ordained minister and loved to sing as well as crochet and do needlework. She also loved to spend time with her children and
- Betty Jean Kaiser Betty Jean Kaiser, 81, Cicero, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Riverview Hospital at Noblesville. She was born April 21, 1932, at Cicero, to Ralph and Mary (Johnson) Mayfield. She attended Jackson Central High School. Betty was a homemaker and gre
- Brian G. Artrip Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpected early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attending Ivy Tech S
- Funerals Nickels, Ronald J. "Nick," services are 10:30 a.m. today Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road. Foard, Sister Georgia F., a memorial service is 11 a.m. today in New Hope Full Gospel Church, 501 N. McCan
- William 'Willie' Washam William "Willie" Washam, 84, died at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. Arrangements are pending at Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville. William 'Willie' Washam
- Ronald Lee Galloway Ronald Lee Galloway, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 8:16 a.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his residence. Born June 1, 1934, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Frank Gordon and Cora (Rush) Gordon. He was a 1952 graduate of Northwestern High School. O
- Maudie Ellen Sanders Maudie Ellen Sanders, 69, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Oct. 5, 1944, in Sullivan County, Kingsport, Tenn., to Bascom Harold and Garnett (Stiltner) Sisk. On Oct. 14, 1964, in Gate City, Va., she married Richar
- Vicky Irene Woodbury Vicky Irene Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbur
- William 'Bill' Moore William "Bill" Moore, 66, Kokomo, died at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. There will be a memorial service scheduled at a later date. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel is assisting the family with arrangements
- More Obituaries Headlines